Carnival Sunshine 2013

paget

The dates and itineraries are posted for the Carnival Sunshine in 2013 on Carnival's website.

Never heard of that one. Is it another Dream class ship ?

Nevermind. Just read in another thread that they are renaming the Destiny. WHY ???

Never heard of that one. Is it another Dream class ship ?

Nevermind. Just read in another thread that they are renaming the Destiny. WHY ???

Me thinks they be smoking tooooo much weed down in Miami! :rolleyes:

While I love Destiny as she is, the retrofit looks like it will be the best of all worlds - all the perks of the large ships (Dream, Magic) with the smaller size of the conquest class - and finally! a steakhouse ... the one thing that was truly missing from that ship. I do have to say I'm not in love with the name, but I don't spend my cruise ruminating on the name of the ship, so I guess I'll live with it. :o

Did I read correctly that they are adding another 182 staterooms? If so, stupid mistake. Carnival ships aren't exactly known for good passenger/space ratios and this will only make it worse.

They are adding two decks though, so maybe it won't skew the passenger/space ratio too much?

They are adding two decks though, so maybe it won't skew the passenger/space ratio too much?

The tonnage they are basically adding is cabin space. And then taking away public spaces where the aft lounge is, and it looks like cutting back on the balcony space in the forward lounge. Less important than the tonnage to me is the length of the ship. Imagine taking the Conquest and taking 60 feet out of it while adding some people. This class of ship is already tight on outside deck space. Now they are going to steal some public space to carry more people.

Wow, sounds like a huge change.

A two month dry dock is big. Does anyone know where the dry dock will take place?

The ship will be docked in Italy, with Fincantieri doing the rebuild. They're the same company who does Carnival's new ships.

Archived