Are there ANY picture reviews?

KrystalWaters

Hi,

I stumbled upon Oceania while doing some research on different luxury cruise lines and the prices do not seem so bad compared to what you are getting, if you catch their sales. I'm curious to see picture reviews. I tried using CC search engine and i didn't find any. Do you know where i can find reviews that include pictures of the inside and outside of the ship? Any that you recommend? Thank you:)

There was a cruiser on the Marina inaugural who gave a day to day account of the voygage and posted pictures to the site below. The cruiser was a first time Oceania customer. I don't know if this is what you are looking for since you can alsoo go directly to Oceania Cruises for their photos as well as their blog.

http://oceaniamarina.shutterfly.com/pictures

thank you for the links.

I'm familiar with the Carnival thread here and it seems like cruisers come back from their cruises they tend to do a detailed picture/blog review. I was just wondering if there is something similiar on the Oceania thread. :o

I do appreciate the links. I'm going to check them out.:)

If just photos you want I do have some on webshots

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579712018jzqLzP marina cruise

Insignia

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578380757xQcCBv

If you do not mind wading through port photos as well

A search on webshots, youtube, photobucket etc...may bring up other photos of the ships

Darn you all. (actually a stronger word)

Looking at the recommended sites I want to go HOME (aka Oceania), I need my Oceania fix and have to wait until June.:(

One other suggestion, I believe you can still order a DVD from Oceania that is promotional but gives a good ship's tour. I don't see it on their web site but perhaps your TA can request a copy.

Darn you all. (actually a stronger word)

Looking at the recommended sites I want to go HOME (aka Oceania), I need my Oceania fix and have to wait until June.:(

One other suggestion, I believe you can still order a DVD from Oceania that is promotional but gives a good ship's tour. I don't see it on their web site but perhaps your TA can request a copy.

Ed,

You have to wait til June. We have to wait til AUGUST!

I have little sympathy ...

But I can assuage my depression by a Viking trip through France in April, I suppose. A few days in Paris can always make you feel a lot better ...

P.S. I the past it has seemed to me that you could see good photos of the various cabin categories at the website. Maybe you want to see MORE?

I think it's already been suggested that you search for the report from the passenger who did a full report on Marina's maiden voyage. That had LOTS of photos taken all over the ship as I recall.

Mura

Oh well, you will always have Paris.

Besides our favorite restaurant in Paris, the Tour d'Argent, which has gotten expensive, I would recommend a more suburban restaurant, the Pavillion Henri IV in St. Germain-en-Laye. To quote their web site:

"Located between the Park of the Castle and the national forest of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, the Pavillion Henry IV, former residence of the Sun King Louis XIV, exudes the panache of charmingly rustic and majestic residences, and offers an exceptional panorama on the Valley of the Seine to Paris. An atmosphere of quietude and elegance shelters 42 spacious rooms and 4 suites with refined decoration, with a view of Paris or of the park. The chief Patrick Käpler proposes a fine and inventive cuisine in accordance with the seasons. The gourmet restaurant, out on the terrace during summer, puts the surrounding beautiful landscapes to its advantage within a framework of exception. During winter, the large parqueted gallery invites you to relax around a fire, comfortably nestled in a cushy sofa. The Henry IV Pavillon has a large private parking and pedestrian access to the Castle of Saint-Germain-en-Laye park."

Their specialty is potato puffs which were invented there. Also, if in season, wild strawberries (frais de bois) are a must.

We might go there if we weren't passionate about Bistro L'Astier ... and the only night we can go there is our last night in Paris. They are closed on the weekend.

Then there is that fabulous Lyonnaise restaurant we went to in the '70s and '80s and then lost track of. I think I've found it again, but it always was expensive and now must be far more! I'm taking about Alain Ducasse's restaurant (I think! the photo at the website looks familiar but I really need a photo of the exterior) ... I just checked and I can't make a reservation for when we will be there. PERHAPS because they don't take reservations that far out ...

But I'll take note of your place too!

Mura

Archived