Destiny >>> Sunshine Deck by Deck visual comparison

PaulMedik

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The artist rendering of the serenity deck look nice, but has anyone considered that might be a fee based area? You'll have to buy a day or week pass to access some of those seats. There won't be any chair hogs because there are only enough passes sold per cruise for each person to have a lounger. :eek:

What a way to improve the bottom line though! Pay for the privilege to get away from the masses. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
While I like the Serenity Deck changes and agree with others that more passengers isn't a good idea, I have to say I won't miss the aft lounge and bars since there's two more aft wraps that will be closer to the waterline. :) Many assume the two new Captain's suites will be the most coveted, but if given a choice I'd choose aft wrap.

SunshineDeck5AftWraps-vi.jpg

It looks like Carnival agree, 5340 and 5341 have been upgraded to Ocean Suites.

It looks like Carnival agree, 5340 and 5341 have been upgraded to Ocean Suites.

Goldwolf,

Well crap; there went my plans to drive to N.O. and try her out....paying suite prices for the two new wraps isn't sweet. :mad:

I wonder what that new grey area is on deck 5 aft wrap 'suite?' That room was supposed to sleep five initially...

Sunshineaftsuite-vi.jpg

We've been discussing that over here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1799394&page=3

The room originally was for 4 also I think, but had a pulldown bed. It now has an extended bathroom with whirltub, a lounge with double sofa bed and a separate bedroom with 2 single beds. I'm not sure all this real estate would fit into the originally planned space so I suspect the room is being made bigger and moved into the balcony space that has been lost. There is a video on Youtube of the ship showing a window on the side where the balcony ran around the corner.

Since I paid 9C prices, I can probably live with a smaller balcony if the room is bigger and now a suite.

We've been discussing that over here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1799394&page=3

The room originally was for 4 also I think, but had a pulldown bed. It now has an extended bathroom with whirltub, a lounge with double sofa bed and a separate bedroom with 2 single beds. I'm not sure all this real estate would fit into the originally planned space so I suspect the room is being made bigger and moved into the balcony space that has been lost. There is a video on Youtube of the ship showing a window on the side where the balcony ran around the corner.

Since I paid 9C prices, I can probably live with a smaller balcony if the room is bigger and now a suite.

Goldwolf,

For me the wrap was the major draw; being able to see behind, to the side, and around both corners along with having a nice area to stroll back and forth. They can mount massage tables and comp them in to the suite and I'd still want the wrap....:p

• 2 weeks later...

First cruise - and we sprung for a spa room on the much-maligned new 11th deck configuration. Nothing I have read indicates there is a fee for the serenity area.

One of the advantages of this area is a strict no-smoking policy. In CA, we are used to that, so the smoking tends to bug us more now. And I am taking my first week away from my 4 progeny, so I hope to be as far away from the kid-friendly area as possible. Otherwise I will be twitching every time someone shouts "mom!"

Another comment: I noticed the deck plans vary across sites. But on the 11th deck, 3 rooms have been eliminated.

• 4 weeks later...

We were originally booked in side Ocean Suites (OS) and happened upon these two AFT OS's during our daily trip to visit CCL for price drops etc., etc.. (We don't book suites, except we were cancelled from the Inaugural sailing of the Sunshine, so were given a 25% discount on a future CCL cruise, making it more feasible)..;)

Well being AFT fans, we just had to book them..:) Then I realized that I had seen them previously in the 9C category.. Hmmm.m.m..m.......:eek:

Guessing we will all know more once the Sunshine finally sets sail.. We call them our 'Mystery' cabins.. Friends of ours booked the one on the opposite side!! Hopefully, we got a good deal, along with our favorite Aft/Wrap!! :D

Archived