Destiny >>> Sunshine Deck by Deck visual comparison

PaulMedik

While I like the Serenity Deck changes and agree with others that more passengers isn't a good idea, I have to say I won't miss the aft lounge and bars since there's two more aft wraps that will be closer to the waterline. :) Many assume the two new Captain's suites will be the most coveted, but if given a choice I'd choose aft wrap.

SunshineDeck5AftWraps-vi.jpg

Can anyone say moo?

This ship was just too crowded for my taste. Let's just cram more people on and reduce the rates lightly. This is what some people want.

Not me.

MrPete,

I do like the new aft wraps and do like the cabins over the bridge, but I don't guess they could add them without increasing passenger numbers. The passenger cabins on deck 5 will eliminate complaints of noise from passengers on deck six aft about the loud bands in the aft lounge. The cabins over the bridge are just nice to look at and the view from up there is I'm sure awesome.

Adding the partial deck of cabins on deck 11, deck 12, and deck 3 is nothing but greed unchecked; whoever came up with those plans needs FIRED and forced to live in a crowded subway for a year. :mad: The 2.0 upgrades they are planning to add are appealing, but lining more passengers up to wait for service at the new venues is insane. I'm sure some bean counter calculated floor space in the main lounge and determined that patrons could fit in less space and the same for the aft lounge; but did he add the additional passengers into his equation? The bean counter should be hogtied and have beans shot at him via slingshot for the rest of his days on earth. :eek:

Two new aft wraps and two new Captains suites; the only new traveling options I see other than the six old aft wraps. Any other cabin will require that you venture out into the jam packed Sunshine; I suggest a nice sun hat, because with standing room only, the only sun many will get is on their heads.

In keeping with the new 'Sunshine' theme, the new name for the open decks should be Eclipse; the sun will surely be in shadows of the people standing around you. :D

Thanks, Paul, for taking the time to post this!

It makes it so much easier to see the changes!

KroozFoolz,

You're welcome.

I normally enjoy comparing decks and seeing what changes are coming, but with most of the comparisons I've seen recently, the changes are not particularly enjoyable; too many passengers in the available spaces. I enjoyed Destiny and Conquest Class is my favorite, but this Dreaming they are doing has to stop; it's at times a nightmare for those who prefer some open spaces. If they were to step up and announce that crew over crowding will be lessened by reassigning an equal number of passenger cabins to crew, then it would be reasonable. More crew in the same crew space? We all know they aren't going to add more crew; they're just going to make do with what they have.

Am I seeing things correctly? They are removing one pool so there will be just two pools with more passengers?

Yes which is the same amount of pools that the Dream class have and the Dream class carries 600-700 more pax.

It looks like they added a pool to deck 11? So still 3 pools just moved one.

clskinsfan,

There used to be three pools; one aft, one midshift, and one near the water slide exit. Sunshine will have two; the new one on Deck 11 which looks to be the pool for the new watefall, and the midship Lido Pool. Sunshine's deck plans don't show an aft pool so that's the missing pool; the one they could cover in inclement weather that had the pizza shop, burger grill, bar on port side and ice cream machines on Starboard. That area was normally packed during the day with sunbathers and casual snackers.

Am I seeing this right? It looks like on deck 3 of the Sunshine, seating for the lounge is being turned into cabin space? Are they losing seats for the main shows? I sure hope not. With more cabins & people on board they should have more seating, not less!

Am I seeing this right? It looks like on deck 3 of the Sunshine, seating for the lounge is being turned into cabin space? Are they losing seats for the main shows? I sure hope not. With more cabins & people on board they should have more seating, not less!

CaWeGoYes,

I'm afraid our vision is 20/20; the main lounge floor will become passenger cabins. :rolleyes:

One thing I find amusing is that aft wraps on deck 5 sleep FOUR! The majority of aft wraps in the fleet only sleep two. :confused:

CaWeGoYes,

I'm afraid our vision is 20/20; the main lounge floor will become passenger cabins. :rolleyes:

One thing I find amusing is that aft wraps on deck 5 sleep FOUR! The majority of aft wraps in the fleet only sleep two. :confused:

More passengers, less deck space probably will = more chair hogs. Which will be a shame, it's already a challenge to find a nice lounger by the sea at times.

A shame, but not too much impact on me personally as I don't tend to do a lot of sun worshiping. I book a balcony & can sit there if need be. But fewer seats for the shows?! Now that is blasphemy. The shows are important to me. I already make it a priority to get there early for one of my preferred seats. How much earlier would I need to get there now - that just sucks. :(

Which will mean very difficult to book an aft wrap if only 2 in your party, you would get bumped by a booking group with 4. It will make the families or groups of 4 happy though. I guess if only 1 deck is like this the couples who want an aft wrap will still be able to get one on another deck.

Which will mean very difficult to book an aft wrap if only 2 in your party, you would get bumped by a booking group with 4. It will make the families or groups of 4 happy though. I guess if only 1 deck is like this the couples who want an aft wrap will still be able to get one on another deck.

CanWeGoYet,

Actually two can book the deck 5 aft wraps; normally when there's a 3 pax option it won't allow 2, but SunShine allows 2, 3, or 4 to book deck 5. The other six aft wraps are 2 pax.

The Destiny was our first cruise, and the one that got us hooked on cruising. Our hang out was the aft of the Lido, which will now be rooms. Doesn't really matter, as I have no plans to cruise on the ship, but I do think it's hilarious that you can take the elevator up to the jogging track. Would make for some good "examples of irony" photos.

Looks like forward deck 9 they are putting in the floor to ceiling windows? I saw a thread on these a couple of days ago..They look amazing.

We are glad we will be sailing the Destiny next month, once more before the changes.

The Destiny was my first Carnival cruise. It was what got me hooked on Carnival and I have sailed on it a total of 3 times. Sadly, I will not sail on it under it's new name. Too many people, not enough show lounge space, not enough pool space, just not enough open space period.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come with Carnival. Even though we are Platinuim with Carnival, my loyalties could be swayed.

Archived