Question on rate drop for PT room

How can I find out if the rate droped on a PT (port hole) room when there are none left to book on your cruise since there are only 4 or 8 on the Dream? i see that the rate of a normal inside room has dropped (the port hole room was cheaper than a regular inside when we booked)?

Was your porthole room a 1A or a 4A? Find out by pulling up the deck plans for your ship and look at the color and key. We had a porthole room that was a 1A, and it was listed with a significant price drop on the Booking Fare Viewer today. I sent in my Early Saver form, so we shall see what happens! If your room is shown as a 4A, use that price as your reference. Good luck!

How can I find out if the rate droped on a PT (port hole) room when there are none left to book on your cruise since there are only 4 or 8 on the Dream? i see that the rate of a normal inside room has dropped (the port hole room was cheaper than a regular inside when we booked)?

If you're booked Category "PT" that's a separate Category now; as mentioned above, you first need to confirm if you are booked "PT", "1A" or "4A" and price-match accordingly. If there are no PT's left, then you can't determine a fare and there's nothing to price-match to. If the Category above "PT" drops below your "PT" fare, then you may be able to upgrade if you want to give up your PT cabin. Fire can explain this better if she sees this. ken

If you're booked Category "PT" that's a separate Category now; as mentioned above, you first need to confirm if you are booked "PT", "1A" or "4A" and price-match accordingly. If there are no PT's left, then you can't determine a fare and there's nothing to price-match to. If the Category above "PT" drops below your "PT" fare, then you may be able to upgrade if you want to give up your PT cabin. Fire can explain this better if she sees this. ken

So if higher categories drop below your price, are you able to get an OBC then? Or would you only be able to upgrade to that room?

So if higher categories drop below your price, are you able to get an OBC then? Or would you only be able to upgrade to that room?

Only if you gave up your PT and moved to the supposedly higher category inside.

I gave up my 1A with port holes to move to a regular inside to get OBC.

I once gave up a PT and moved to a 4A... you cant price match to a category that is sold out. Unless you agree to move to that category you are probably SOL (though mistakes happen)

These prices checks really confuse me. I have an interior, partially obstructed ocean view and I am having the same issue as you.. I don't know what to price check against the 4J.

You cant check anything lower, so 4J, 6A, 6B, on up.

Just check categories above yours. Yours used to be a 6B, so you are lucky you can upgrade to a 6A if need be.

4J is the highest category inside now, so check 4J and up.. not sure how else to describe it.

You cant check anything lower, so 4J, 6A, 6B, on up.

Just check categories above yours. Yours used to be a 6B, so you are lucky you can upgrade to a 6A if need be.

4J is the highest category inside now, so check 4J and up.. not sure how else to describe it.

Please excuse the repeated questions.. do I check this by doing a mock booking or still using the fare viewer link? Thanks for the help.

Please excuse the repeated questions.. do I check this by doing a mock booking or still using the fare viewer link? Thanks for the help.

To me they are one and the same. Actually I have never used fare viewer. I prefer to see the price as I paid it .. pp

I use one or more TA sites to check prices.

You can use any site to check prices, since no one is allowed to advertise discounted prices in public. Pick your favorite to do a mock booking.

The thing that I do not like about the Fare Viewer is that it does not price match to military rates. So if you are eligible for military rates you need to do a mock booking either on Carnival or a TA site that shows military rates.

Archived