Ever happen to you?

croozluv

First 8-day cruise on the Legend last week and we had a couple early excursions planned on port days. By early, I mean before 10am. We were told if we needed to be off the ship before then we needed to be in the Follies by 7:45 am. Ugh. :eek:

But what REALLY surprised me is when we were called, we were routed into a long line down the hallway on Deck 1. Here were tons of people (hundreds?) lining up the hallway, talking loudly, some kids kicking walls, teens throwing a football, etc. In the hallway with cabins lining each side! At about 8:30 in the morning! All I could think was how happy I was that I wasn't booked on the 1st Deck.

Why would Carnival do this? And have you ever been disrupted by the early excursion lines when you stayed on Deck 1? I was really surprised by this!:confused:

Once we had been on a number of cruises , we started avoiding the early bail off of the ship by planning our excursions later, and being able to enjoy breakfast in the MDR. We also book higher up to avoid the noise and clutter on the gangway deck...Not for us...

Yes, this happend to us too while on the Legend. It was the morning that we were in Belize and had the first tender off for the Altun -Ha Ruins and City tour. We were lined up down the hallway with rooms on both sides. What surprised me the most was that some of the cabin doors were left WIDE OPEN by the stewards for cleaning purposes. Can you imagine the security risk in this? It would take 2 seconds to pop in and have an item stolen. Yes, and the noise factor as well. :confused:

If I had a cabin on this deck, I would book forward or aft to avoid this.

I wonder if this is only on the Legend, we had a similar "line" for our Belize stop. Every post so far mentioned the Legend. I guess they need to figure out something better. Never thought of the theft risk, the noise along that hallway would be bad enough. Carnival or that ship's CD need to make a new plan.

Yes, it happened to us on the Magic. We were in cabin 1250. The whole area by the elevators was packed. The line extended down the hall past our room. We were already up, so the noise didn't disturb us.

We will be on the Legend in about 8 days. Our first official family cruise. Glad we booked deck 5! If that was one of my kids kicking the wall...they would be getting a swift kick in the behind :mad:
I thought the same thing....why aren't these parents disciplining these kids?!?! They have to know there are people in those cabins?!?! Made me very grateful for my 7th floor cabin!

Yes, this happend to us too while on the Legend. It was the morning that we were in Belize and had the first tender off for the Altun -Ha Ruins and City tour. We were lined up down the hallway with rooms on both sides. What surprised me the most was that some of the cabin doors were left WIDE OPEN by the stewards for cleaning purposes. Can you imagine the security risk in this? It would take 2 seconds to pop in and have an item stolen. Yes, and the noise factor as well. :confused:
Yep, I saw the open doors too. Even open when the stewards went further down the hall to gather items. I was shocked! :eek: I'll never book at Deck 1 cabin on the Legend...that's for sure!

Which deck is the gangway deck?
Usually Deck 0 = Zero....but I have used other decks as well

However on Caribbean cruises where they use the island's pier (and where tidal variation is minimal) it's always Deck Zero.

I'm booked for deck 4 (Main), but the warning about open doors during cleaning should be headed by all decks. If I have anything of value, it either goes in the safe, or in a locked luggage under the bed, and not left out in the open (I have heard about ppl leaving their laptops on their desk but never heard they were stolen but still...).

On the Destiny last May we had the Private Oasis booked and were supposed to be on the first tender. They had us line up down the starboard hallway and everyone else that had excursions began filing in behind us. Can't remember if it was Deck 1 or 2 though...

On the Fantasy class, I prefer a porthole, which is in the front of the ship, but the first time we were on the Fascination, we departed from the aft of the ship by walking down the corridor past all the interiors on the Riviera Deck. At least they had all had left the ship before us. The portholes are in the front, there is no need for any one to be down that way. I do not remember going past cabins when we were leaving the Legend last time. BUT we did not leave with the tenders, we took a boat over to Goff's Cay. Perhaps we departed from a seperate tender area??

Archived