Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

You are doing a great job Donna! This is the best CD thread ever :)

lol - thanks Karen!

I'm going to be cruising next week for 9 days...I'll need everyone to keep an eye on any changes for me so it won't be so overwhelming to update when I get back.

I can confirm that James Andrews is still the CD on Liberty, but don't know how much longer for, didn't get the opportunity to ask.

Thank you very much!

Wow this is a long contract for him!

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Fuentes *started mid-May

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Ken Rush will be back June 10th . (One report has Ken staying through the September 2nd cruise and another report has him staying through Oct 7th)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31 (when is his break and who will be the next CD)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March (when is his break and who is the next CD)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Pa[pa

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 4/14 that he was still there (when is his break and who is the next CD?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *March 31 through first week of June (June 2?); then Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her break.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing). (when is his break and who is the next CD?)

Serenade OTS - Rich Edwards *April 14 through June 10; then Ricky Matthews

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou (when is her break and who is the next CD?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman *started on 30th April

Currently unassigned: Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb, Abel Jeney, Drew Devine, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles).

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Fuentes *started mid-May

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Ken Rush will be back June 10th . (One report has Ken staying through the September 2nd cruise and another report has him staying through Oct 7th)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31 (when is his break and who will be the next CD)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March (when is his break and who is the next CD)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Pa[pa

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 4/14 that he was still there (when is his break and who is the next CD?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *March 31 through first week of June (June 2?); then Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her break.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick (last name?)

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Currently unassigned: Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb, Abel Jeney, Drew Devine, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles).

I know this sounds odd, but Abel Jeney is to be on Adventure as CD for the next 2 weeks only. Yesterday he said he would be back on board beginning today for just 2 weeks. No details. In cases like this I would assume there is a sudden compassionate leave for the other CD (who just started). It could be something else, so I don't know if the other CD will be back in 2 weeks or not.

Gina

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (Abel Jeney will be filling in as CD for two weeks only beginning 5/20. Unknown if Mercedes is returning, or if there will be another CD)

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick (last name? He is French Canadian (and definitely has an accent), and used to be part of the cruise director's staff on Oasis)

Currently unassigned: Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb, Abel Jeney, Drew Devine, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles).

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (Abel Jeney will be filling in as CD for two weeks only beginning 5/20. Unknown if Mercedes is returning, or if there will be another CD)

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick (last name? He is French Canadian (and definitely has an accent), and used to be part of the cruise director's staff on Oasis)

Hi i was chatting with Jimmy rhodes on facebook he old he will be taking over the allure in ending of september he will be posting that on facebook soon he said

Hi i was chatting with Jimmy rhodes on facebook he old he will be taking over the allure in ending of september he will be posting that on facebook soon he said

:eek: Remind me to not plan a trip on the Allure this year. Sheesh! You'd think the large ships would command the best of the best of the cruise directors. Apparently not.

Very interesting that they would put one of their worst CD's on their newest ship.

I just hope he stays away from Explorer next week. (RCI says that Jimmy will be our CD however Richard Spacey said on facebook that he

is CD until June 7.)

Very interesting that they would put one of their worst CD's on their newest ship.

I just hope he stays away from Explorer next week. (RCI says that Jimmy will be our CD however Richard Spacey said on facebook that he

is CD until June 7.)

here is the email of the cruise directors boss in miami he the one that switch them around cmcdonald@rccl.com and he will asnwer you aslo he could help you with the list

Donna,

I asked Marc Walker on Monarch last week if he knew what assignment Drew was getting since he is no longer scheduled on Monarch. He did not know nor did others I asked while on board. We hope he gets what he wants!!!!

DonnaK, on the Rhapsody, the CD is named Patrick Richard, born a French Canadian in the Province of New Brunswick. He has been with Royal Caribbean for the past 6 years. Not sure how long as a CD.;)

Rick

here is the email of the cruise directors boss in miami he the one that switch them around cmcdonald@rccl.com and he will asnwer you aslo he could help you with the list

Thanks! That's a great resource which I surely will use!

Donna,

I asked Marc Walker on Monarch last week if he knew what assignment Drew was getting since he is no longer scheduled on Monarch. He did not know nor did others I asked while on board. We hope he gets what he wants!!!!

Thanks so much for letting us know!

DonnaK, on the Rhapsody, the CD is named Patrick Richard, born a French Canadian in the Province of New Brunswick. He has been with Royal Caribbean for the past 6 years. Not sure how long as a CD.;) Rick

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard

Looks like we will be able to answer that on Saturday!

Donna,

Actually, Drew is going over to Freedom on July 29 to cover Graham's break, so he is probably just on a break of his own now.

Anna Bass will be on the Allure for a couple of weeks from next week and then heads back to the Rhapsody (not sure of exact dates)

Interesting...where did you hear this?

Ken Rush himself said that he was going to Allure on June 10 and would be there at least until Sept 2.

I wonder what's the most current info?

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time (needs verification that the change occured)

I just got off majesty Friday and it was Mitch Merucci

Archived