bars open before sailing

vanilaise

ABSOLUTELY! Some waiters are standing by the door as you board the ship itself with the drink of the day. The are ready to start making money off of us as soon as we step foot on the ship. We are on vacation:) Not all the bars but you can easily ask someone or check at the front desk for the ones that are currently open. We always head to the pub type bar to celebrate the fact that we made it onto the ship. LOL!! Then at sail away, we grab a drink, head to the top deck, and celebrate leaving port!!!!

Not all of the bars are open. The buffet will have some station where you can get beer. If it's a warm port the pool bar will be open. If it's a cold port, you will have to figure out what's open; just ask somebody.

Not all of the bars are open. The buffet will have some station where you can get beer. If it's a warm port the pool bar will be open. If it's a cold port, you will have to figure out what's open; just ask somebody.

It should also be noted in the dailies that you receive at check in.

Don't be surprised that the drinks will be slightly more expensive while in some embarkation ports-some places require them to collect sales tax.

Exactly

I remember my last cruise I ordered martinis and was shocked to see the Miami-Dade sales tax added to my bill. Another reason to love international waters :)

Wasnt exactly your question but a bit of advice in case you arent aware... Unless you like to collect the plastic large hurricane souvenier glasses- pass on what they are walking around with and order something in a regular glass. Otherwise you find you pay more for the drink in the keeper glass and you have to tote it / them around with your or forego them and have wasted the extra money. While a regular glass is not as festive... its easier to deal with.

Archived