Riviera restaurant reservations - We are

Caroldoll

going to be in an Owners Suite for 20 days (two segments). I notice it says "priority restaurant reservations". I do NOT like to eat in a MDR for a lot of reasons, one being the sodium. How many reservations will I be allowed? It is a back to back. I have been on Oceania before, but we were only allowed two per restaurant on the Regatta. This didn't work well for me. I hope I can get more since there are more restaurants. I have read another thread, but there are many answers. I hope someone knows for sure.

going to be in an Owners Suite for 20 days (two segments). I notice it says "priority restaurant reservations". I do NOT like to eat in a MDR for a lot of reasons, one being the sodium. How many reservations will I be allowed? It is a back to back. I have been on Oceania before, but we were only allowed two per restaurant on the Regatta. This didn't work well for me. I hope I can get more since there are more restaurants. I have read another thread, but there are many answers. I hope someone knows for sure.

You'll have nothing to worry about for a number of reasons:

#1) The baseline number of reservations in an Owners Suite for a ten day cruise is two reservations per specialty restaurant.....that covers eight nights.

#2) In an Owners Suite, you may start making online specialty restaurant reservations at 90 days in advance (provided that you have made final payment), so you should have your choice of times and reservations.

#3) The Specialty Restaurants hold back a certain number of tables each evening in order to accommodate Suite passengers. You'll have first pick of those.

#4) You can have the food from any of the Specialty Restaurant served in your Suite, on any or every evening.

Option 4B) You could always book Privée ;)

Hope that this helped-

Not even being in a concierge cabin, we were able to eat in one or the other specialty restaurant on Regatta 7 out of 14 nights. Being in an OS, you should have no trouble getting an extra spot the two nights of each ten that you are not able to book in advance. That is, if you don't want to simply eat in your suite as has been mentioned.

On our 12 day cruise on Marina last October -- when we were in a Vista -- our Butler told us we could eat in one of the specialty restaurants every night, and he booked us accordingly.

We didn't use all those reservations but they were available to us. (Maybe he was stretching the rules, I don't know, but no one told us any differently either.)

In an OS on Riviera you may want to indulge in in-suite dining -- you can order from any of the specialty restaurants and your butler brings it to YOU.

Mura

I do NOT like to eat in a MDR for a lot of reasons, one being the sodium.

:confused::confused: That is too funny :D

You can notify Oceania ahead of time or speak to the Maitre'D when you board they will send you menus each night where you can choose your meal selection for the next day

They will make it low or no sodium to suit your needs

When you arrive at the dining venue just tell the hostess or waiter you have a "special meal" & your cabin #

Your meal will be served along with the rest at the table

The only places you may have to watch is the Terrace, Waves & afternoon tea but do ask there when being served for no salt

Enjoy

Lyn

also that we do not like the 2 plus hour gig. We have found the food in the specialty restaurants doesn't have quite the salt and it is fresher. I will tell the waiter. Since we usually only get chicken or fish, it is easy--no sauces. Eating in the suite--I am not sure. We have been glued together for so many years--we like to get out and play! LOL. The pictures of the lamb chops on another post looked mighty good. If we can have two reservations at each specialty restaurant, we should be O.K. You have all been so helpful.

. We have found the food in the specialty restaurants doesn't have quite the salt and it is fresher.

I am not sure what you mean by fresher I am sure they cook everything the same day as it is served

There is salt in pretty much everything ;)

I did notice a difference when I let Oceania know in advance & my meals were made with a lot less sodium ...my ankles did not swell up like before

Well our choices are even a harder - no wheat, sugar, starch (potatoes) or rice!! Sounds hard? Not at all. I've been looking at the menus and there is plenty to chose from. Saying no to all those gorgeous desserts will be hard but I know how ill I will feel if I eat them so I suppose it makes it easier.

We fully intend to eat in our room for a few nights! Imagine that, butler service, a nice wine... beautiful (low carb) food. I'm so excited I don't know how I'll get through the next four months!!

Hi....I have been on 2 cruises since I had to start a low sodium diet and no matter what restaurant you are in, specialty or notthey will make low sodium dishes for you. Be sure to tell your butler and waiter about needing low sodium and they will give you the next nights menu the night before so you can order what you want which they will make low sodium for you. It worked out great for me. The only problem was the first night of the cruise, but the chef was able to make something low sodium for me as long as I chose something simple like a steak, fish or chicken.

Archived