Question about booking over the phone ...

Okay, so I purchased a NextCruise certificate during my Explorer cruise and I'm looking to book a cruise for April/May 2013.

Now, do I need to know the specific sail date? Or can I just say I want to find the best single supplement rate for any Caribbean cruise during April/May.

I've been looking and looking, but I don't feel like playing travel agent right now LOL I'd rather just call them up and tell them what I'm looking for and have them recommend a sailing. I'm not picky about ports at all ... I really just want to use the NextCruise certificate as I want to try a Celebrity cruise next.

Will they do this?

I would call C&A and ask them to help you through it. I've found that the regular reps tend to not know too much sometimes and may not be able to help too much. I would maybe narrow your field a little before calling (dates or ports or ships etc) since I'm not sure if they can sort out by single suppliment alone.

You might ask to speak to a "Certified Vacation Planner" not sure if these are the same CSR's, as one called me once after I had let a 24 hr hold expire and even gave me her direct line if I changed my mind...Good luck.

Great, thank you!

I know I want to leave from Puerto Rico, so hopefully they will be able to assist me. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

There may not be a lot of choice. I doubt there will be a ship in Puerto Rico in May (there isn't as of now), so early to mid April will be your only choice.

edit: Yup, your choices will be Brilliance on April 6, or the Adventure on April 7 or April 14.

Nothing has been announced for after that yet - itineraries won't be released for a few more weeks.

There may not be a lot of choice. I doubt there will be a ship in Puerto Rico in May (there isn't as of now), so early to mid April will be your only choice.

edit: Yup, your choices will be Brilliance on April 6, or the Adventure on April 7 or April 14.

Nothing has been announced for after that yet - itineraries won't be released for a few more weeks.

Thank you! Maybe I should wait call then; I was looking for late April.

I'll keep an eye out as the new itineraries start to come out.

Thank you! Maybe I should wait call then; I was looking for late April.

I'll keep an eye out as the new itineraries start to come out.

RCI won't have a ship sailing from San Juan during the summer 2012, so unless they've changed their minds about this, you might be out of luck. Sailing from Florida might be your only option for the Caribbean over the summer.

RCI won't have a ship sailing from San Juan during the summer 2012, so unless they've changed their minds about this, you might be out of luck. Sailing from Florida might be your only option for the Caribbean over the summer.

Even in April? I wouldn't be cruising in the summer; if I couldn't find something in April or May, then I'd wait until the fall and book something leaving from Baltimore or New Jersey.

if your next cruise is a NEXT CRUISE, you can't use it for celebrity...you would have had to have booked a celebrity passages (is that what it is called? i booked 2 RCs and one for X)

Yeah, I know. What I meant is I wanted to use my Next Cruise first since I want to book a Celebrity cruise; I already paid for the deposit, so I'd rather use that first before paying a deposit with Celebrity.

Sorry for the confusion!

Yeah, I know. What I meant is I wanted to use my Next Cruise first since I want to book a Celebrity cruise; I already paid for the deposit, so I'd rather use that first before paying a deposit with Celebrity.

Sorry for the confusion!

got ya...so you want to go on an RCI cruise and book an X..makes sense now....:D

allergy season=medicine head....

Even in April? I wouldn't be cruising in the summer; if I couldn't find something in April or May, then I'd wait until the fall and book something leaving from Baltimore or New Jersey.

Most ships that sail the Caribbean over the Winter months head for Europe in mid-April.

Archived