Can I do this?

I currently have my first cruise with RC booked for December. However, I am considering adding a short Bahamas cruise in September. If I become a C&A member during the September cruise, would I be able to apply for any OBC or other perk for the already purchased December cruise? I'm guessing the answer is "no" but would love to be pleasantly surprised!

If I am not mistaken the only was to get the OBC would be to rebook, If the price has not changed your good. Two ways to do this which we have done a few times, book the cruise onboard then cancel the old one once your home OR get a Next Cruise Booking on the ship, call once you get home to book and ask them to transfer the money & cabin from the booking your canceling. The key to any onboard booking whether Next Cruise Booking or Onboard is to always keep the same reservation number or ya loose the OBC. If you want to stay in the cabin you have booked the second option is the easiest to ensure you will get the cabin. The only extra perk you would get on the Dec cruise besides the OBC is a Gold C&A coupon book once you take the Dec cruise. Happy Planning!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thank you for the response. However, I think I am out of luck, as the September cruise would be about a week after the final payment for the December cruise, therefore I would lose the deposit if I were to cancel and rebook. Not a big deal, as I was just curious to see if I could make it work. I'll just keep checking for a price drop and look forward to the B1G1 milkshake coupon in December!

If you want to take a chance, another way would be to cancel the December cruise and rebook on board in September.

Howerver, some things to consider first are whether the obc would offset any increase in cruise fare (although it could go down after final payment date) and whether you care about having specific accommodations. If these are not a concern, you can also watch to see how many cabins are available the closer you get to final payment to estimate cabin availability. (Many TA's turn in their unsold cabins at final payment.)

Our past experience has been that cruises in the first week of December are less desirable for most people, and the prices usually go down after final payment.

Just depends on how much the gamble is worth vs the obc.

I currently have my first cruise with RC booked for December. However, I am considering adding a short Bahamas cruise in September. If I become a C&A member during the September cruise, would I be able to apply for any OBC or other perk for the already purchased December cruise? I'm guessing the answer is "no" but would love to be pleasantly surprised!

The only OBC that is routinely given to C&A members is the onboard booking bonus, but obviously the 2nd cruise has to be booked while onboard the 1st cruise to qualify. There is no other automatic OBC given simply for being a C&A member.

Other benefits for your December cruise: As a gold member, you may be eligible for savings certificates on selected sailings. If your December sailing happens to be one of them, I believe you could call after the September cruise and have the savings applied to your December booking. You will also get a coupon book and invitation to the C&A Welcome Back party on your December cruise. And if you're booked in a junior suite or higher you'll get double points for the December cruise.

One thing to consider is price increases. You could keep your December booking and if by the time final payment comes around, if the price hasn't increased, cancel prior to final payment and rebook while onboard. You could lose your current cabin, but you'd be getting some OBC.

Archived