Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

I'm so sad it's over. :( I've truly enjoyed this revew from start to finish. Thank you, thank you, Chrystal for taking the time to do it! Oh and BTW, I love Jetblue as well. Only way I fly to Florida.

Please cruise again soon. Eagerly awaiting another fabulous review by Host Faith! :D

Excellent review.

Thanks to both of you! Jetblue is perfect for flying to Florida. And with that checked bag flying for free, I can fit more clothes in my larger suitcase (and some in Wesley's :p) next time! I can't wait to cruise and write again. I think the writing part is almost as fun as the cruise itself! :D

Your review was fabulous from the trip to the airport going to the cruise and back on Jetblue. Also, let me put a plug in for Jetblue. Only airline that does nor charge you for your first bag. When I went on my cruise last year I packed my bag with so much stuff and that sucker weighed maybe 45 pounds. No charge on Jetblue. bring that bag on Continental or Delta I would be forking out maybe $25-$50.

Did you ever find out about being charged at Mr. Sanchos for that umbrella? I sat under a table called a palumba (spelling?). It was a big umbrella. Was that the same thing you were charged for? I thought that

Mr. Sanchos was pretty good. The only thing I did not like was that I asked for the Fishermans Platter and they said it was not included, nor was the Lobster. I cannot understand why they even have it on the menu. Right?? There was plenty to choose from . Leave it to a girl from NYC (me) to find the 1 thing to complain about (lol!) I am definitely going back when I travel in November. If anyone is going on the November 24th 5 night sailing on the Liberty drop me a line at mchugley@aol.com. See you all on the Liberty!

Edited by stephanie1

Your review was fabulous from the trip to the airport going to the cruise and back on Jetblue. Also, let me put a plug in for Jetblue. Only airline that does nor charge you for your first bag. When I went on my cruise last year I packed my bag with so much stuff and that sucker weighed maybe 45 pounds. No charge on Jetblue. bring that bag on Continental or Delta I would be forking out maybe $25-$50.

Did you ever find out about being charged at Mr. Sanchos for that umbrella? I sat under a table called a palumba (spelling?). It was a big umbrella. Was that the same thing you were charged for? I thought that

Mr. Sanchos was pretty good. The only thing I did not like was that I asked for the Fishermans Platter and they said it was not included, nor was the Lobster. I cannot understand why they even have it on the menu. Right?? There was plenty to choose from . Leave it to a girl from NYC (me) to find the 1 thing to complain about (lol!) I am definitely going back when I travel in November. If anyone is going on the November 24th 5 night sailing on the Liberty drop me a line at mchugley@aol.com. See you all on the Liberty!

Thank you so much! I actually emailed Mr. Sanchos this morning about the umbrella situation. I know the palapas with tables and chairs are included since that's where they serve everyone lunch. Rae needed an umbrella at her lounge chair on the beach, since she can't be in the sun all day (she burns pretty easily). She was charged for that one.

About the lobster- I know! I was thinking the same thing. I didn't get it, there was so much food to choose from already I didn't think it was necessary.

As soon as they email me back, I'll post their response. There's been a lot of confusion about the umbrellas there on CC, and I'm hoping their response will clear it up for everyone.

Thank you so much for sharing such a nice fun vacation.

I have really enjoyed your review. Thank you for taking the time so we could all share in your wonderful experience.

My pleasure! Happy cruising to you :)

Hi there! You know what? Looking at that menu photo.....I feel like we were jipped on the umbrella! :eek::( I'm emailing the manager now just to clarify, and I'll post his response. Thank you for picking up on that one.

We actually had no issues with food or ice. The facilities were very clean. To rent a kayak, we just had to give them an ID (I had my driver's license), and sign the kayak out. Got my ID back once I returned the kayak. Very easy, painless process. The water's edge was shallow, there was no sudden drop at all. A really nice beach.

Hi My boyfriend went to Mr Santos in Spring 2010 and it was very windy. We did not have a good time. Water had rocks in it, felt not safe. TONS of people and terrible drinks. Sorry just my honest opinion.. While in Cozumel usually do the fury sail snorkel ~ RCCL excrusion ~ it is top notch, sailing on a trimaran, snorkeling, drinking (included) and then take to private beach where there are kyacks, floats and volleyball...oh and included drinks. I am sure that you have a good time my day was just not good and I have done the Fury sail 10 times and LOVE LOVE it~Thanks for your great review but I had to add my experience here.

Hi My boyfriend went to Mr Santos in Spring 2010 and it was very windy. We did not have a good time. Water had rocks in it, felt not safe. TONS of people and terrible drinks. Sorry just my honest opinion.. While in Cozumel usually do the fury sail snorkel ~ RCCL excrusion ~ it is top notch, sailing on a trimaran, snorkeling, drinking (included) and then take to private beach where there are kyacks, floats and volleyball...oh and included drinks. I am sure that you have a good time my day was just not good and I have done the Fury sail 10 times and LOVE LOVE it~Thanks for your great review but I had to add my experience here.

Sorry you had a bad day there, I'm glad you found an excursion that works for you in Cozumel :) It wasn't very crowded at all the day we were there, no rocks in the water. Perfect day.

Good Morning All! I just received a very kind email from one of the managers at Mr. Sanchos regarding the umbrella rental:

As for the $10 usd charge for the umbrella is because we do provided table with umbrellas, tables with huts, cabana bed's with shade and deck beside our pool with lounges and white umbrellas..

Extra umbrellas for shade cost $10 usd plus a deposit, that why you got charge $10 usd..

Given the fact that there is shade in many other places, it wasn't unreasonable to us to have to rent an umbrella for the beach loungers. It was a surprise but not unreasonable to me or to Rae. I just wanted to give you all a heads up in case you would like one when you visit. We had a fantastic day there and plan to return this fall. :)

is the spa locker/shower open to all guests for free? or did you pay an additional fee?

I opened the door and walked into such a tranquil space.

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

I enjoyed the steam room for about 5 minutes before a group of young women came in chattering away. I mean, they were loud, screaming with laughter once in a while and talking loudly the rest of the time. It kind of annoyed me, and I sighed pretty loud a couple times to let them know that someone else was in there, but to no avail. They were loud…and left a few seconds before I did. They went into the sauna, and I did have the steam room to myself, which was lovely. I tried to curb my irritation and relish my moments in the steam room.

Speaking of the steam room: the entire room is made of warm tiles, with a long bench for plenty of room for people. I was able to lay down in there by myself the whole time. The steam builds up to become pretty hot, and you can’t see all that much. It felt so nice to be in there, and then take a shower. I used an ultra-rich moisturizer I brought with me on the cruise for just this purpose. My skin was glowing by the time I left the spa. And all for free! :D

is the spa locker/shower open to all guests for free? or did you pay an additional fee?

Hi mit429! The spa locker room with the steam room and sauna is open to all guests. It's free and I'm not sure a lot of people know about it, enjoy! :)

thanks

i absolutely loved this review - and just read all the others ... i'm definitely looking out for your Allure review when you decide upon that sailing.

thanks again!!!

Hi mit429! The spa locker room with the steam room and sauna is open to all guests. It's free and I'm not sure a lot of people know about it, enjoy! :)

What an incredible review! I have been reading a few pages each day, and just love a review with great photos. I agree with many others, that it would be so fun to cruise with the 3 of you. Now I need to do a girls' cruise with my sisters, Mom and daughters. Hopefully that will happen some day.

DH and I are considering LOS for our Anniversary in November, so I was so happy to find this review. We were on Freedom of the Seas last winter and DH loved that ship. We cruise almost every year including our engagement, honeymoon and several family trips, and haven't been away just the 2 of us since before our youngest was born (he just turned 5 and has been on 4 cruises :)) We have a Disney cruise booked for his 6th birthday next winter, but it would be so nice to have a little get-away for just the 2 of us.

Thanks again!!!

What a great review! I have read all of your trip reports and agree with others that you should pursue a travel job! The three of you are so cute and looked like you had a blast! I have to admit after reading your other reviews that I did miss Wes, just a little bit. Can't wait for your next trip. We will be at Mr. Sanchos in a little over a month on the Oasis. Thanks for all of the great info!

I just finished your review (took me 3 days to read) and loved it! You should be a travel writer or travel blogger, you'd be excellent at it (I'm a professional writer/editor for a software company, so I know good writing when I see it). Plus, you gave me lots of great ideas for my next cruise!

Thanks for writing all of this up :). I'm sure it was fun reliving your trip when you wrote it, too!

Chrystal, what camera do you have? I just recently bought a brand new camera and after playing with the features for a while, it seems like it has most of the features, if not all, of the ones you used in taking these pictures!

Edited by Pichu21

What an incredible review! I have been reading a few pages each day, and just love a review with great photos. I agree with many others, that it would be so fun to cruise with the 3 of you. Now I need to do a girls' cruise with my sisters, Mom and daughters. Hopefully that will happen some day.

DH and I are considering LOS for our Anniversary in November, so I was so happy to find this review. We were on Freedom of the Seas last winter and DH loved that ship. We cruise almost every year including our engagement, honeymoon and several family trips, and haven't been away just the 2 of us since before our youngest was born (he just turned 5 and has been on 4 cruises :)) We have a Disney cruise booked for his 6th birthday next winter, but it would be so nice to have a little get-away for just the 2 of us.

Thanks again!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review and found it helpful! You absolutely deserve a nice vacation, just the two of you, for your Anniversary. The Liberty sounds perfect for what you're looking for!

What a great review! I have read all of your trip reports and agree with others that you should pursue a travel job! The three of you are so cute and looked like you had a blast! I have to admit after reading your other reviews that I did miss Wes, just a little bit. Can't wait for your next trip. We will be at Mr. Sanchos in a little over a month on the Oasis. Thanks for all of the great info!

Thank you so much! A couple years ago someone mentioned that I should start a blog and I did....who knows what will happen this year, maybe a travel job is in my near future?! It's very encouraging to hear these things from all of you, thank you again.

I missed Wes too! I read your post to him last night and he grinned. I said, "Look sweetie you're famous!" LOL I do love sailing with him and this was the first time I sailed on a new RCI class of ship without him. Not sure if I'll do that again, I really missed seeing his reactions to things at the same time I saw them for the first time. On to the Allure this year! Cant' wait to see that ship with him.

Enjoy your cruise on the Oasis, and have fun at Mr. Sanchos! :D

I just finished your review (took me 3 days to read) and loved it! You should be a travel writer or travel blogger, you'd be excellent at it (I'm a professional writer/editor for a software company, so I know good writing when I see it). Plus, you gave me lots of great ideas for my next cruise!

Thanks for writing all of this up :). I'm sure it was fun reliving your trip when you wrote it, too!

Hi Amy! Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! :) I did have a blast writing the review.

I love your blog and reviews. I have one (link is in my signature), but I'm thinking of moving everything to wordpress. It seems so much cleaner than blogspot.