Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

What great review!!! Thank you soo much for making the past couple days so entertaining for me as I have been stuck to the computer reading your revie ! Hahha. I havent been on this ship and now i want to... I wish i had a group of friends as awssome as yours ro ride along the experience... Shoot, I wish id go cruisin with yall !!! Haha Once again thank you, wonderful pictures... And I am already looking forward to your next review of Allure :D

_ Beatriz.

Hi Beatriz! Sorry I missed cruising with you by one year! Maybe our paths will cross sometime in the future. Your photos of the Allure are incredible! I sent your thread to DH and we got even more excited about our cruise! So thank YOU for your fantastic review :)

Congratulations - you are now my all-time favorite review. WOW, you guys have a lot of fun-per-dollar on a cruise!

Liberty is my favorite ship so far, but I'm determined to try out all of them just to make sure. :)

Loving this review and pictures. You girls remind me so much of my sisters and I when we get together!

Thank you jakesmom! There's something about when we ladies get together. It's always a great time. :)

Congratulations - you are now my all-time favorite review. WOW, you guys have a lot of fun-per-dollar on a cruise!

Liberty is my favorite ship so far, but I'm determined to try out all of them just to make sure. :)

Thank you so much, Dave!

I like your way of thinking- we're trying to sail every class of ship, but I like the idea of trying every single ship! :D Looks like you're well on your way. I think it's time we start looking at B2B's.

I'm on my 3rd class of ship on my upcoming Freedom cruise, but I'm jumping ship and have booked a Celebrity Summit Cruise after that! :eek:

Hey Mike! Yeah Celebrity is tempting to us too! I'm thinking that we may give them a try when we get to Europe. Your itinerary looks great, I really love the Southern Caribbean. It's the best! I'm sure you'll let us all know what you think of Celebrity, looking forward to your review :)

Hi Beatriz! Sorry I missed cruising with you by one year! Maybe our paths will cross sometime in the future. Your photos of the Allure are incredible! I sent your thread to DH and we got even more excited about our cruise! So thank YOU for your fantastic review :)

Awwww.... So sweet thank you... You will be IN LOVE in this ship... Im teling you..I just cant wait to hear your thoughts... I am posting now pictures of Jamaica etc. I do hope we cross paths... you never know, Im so thankful for all of the wonderful people I get to meet here, and all the great amount of information. Its like family !! :):)

Chrystal:

I check in to see what's doing & came across your review. Although I've been doing lots of land based vacations (Antigua, Bermuda, New Orleans, Quebec, D.C., Poconos...) and spend most of my time on TripAdvisor, you're review has tipped the scales.

What drew me in was the connection I had with the three of you taking the trip in celebration of your birthdays, something I do on a smaller scale with two of my friends (we just keep it in the states). One is a TV exec & married w/kids, the other is a newlywed & pro dancer (Radio City & one of the original Knick Cheerleaders) & then there's me bringing up the rear... the class clown & college adjunct instructor :D.

I felt your pain when you complained about the tolls (lord knows the G.W. is $12.00 without EZ Pass coming back into Manhattan) and your love for your state (yeah... I get out to Jersey Gardens now & again).

But what made me sit down & write a reply was, after reading thru the entire thread. the comic relief was the best (I giggled out loud with tears streaming down my face looking at the pics & descrip of the Bingo episode...Tooooo funny :p)

Thanks for the info/lesson on the agave (100%) & sharing the info on booking a cab in Cozumel (Mr. Sanchos was my spot!!! Massage up in the cut was the best....) I felt your pain in the sauna & wanted to give a loud shhhhh for ya..you've got a knack for this....blogging....keep it going.

With that said, my girls and I did do one far off destination (just after the TV exec got married) to Jamaica and it was during college spring break. We had a GOOOOOOOOD time. Stayed at the infamous Dr.'s Cave Hotel & hung out the Doctors Cave Beach & ate Jerk at the famous Pork Pit. Had a cab driver named Biggaaa who saved our lives, and went to experience the beautiful beaches & scenery of Negril...only to end up jumping off the cliff at Ricks Cafe...aaahh memories.

My baby sis loves to cruise and wants to experience the Allure or Oasis badly. Her craving is even worse after learning her maid of honor just booked the Oasis w/her hubby for July...So I'm gonna have a little family pow wow & see if I can do it big for Allure before the year ends. Thanks for the inspiration. You are truly blessed to have family & friends who support your passion.

Karen

Edited by nigelsmom1

Chrystal:

I check in to see what's doing & came across your review. Although I've been doing lots of land based vacations (Antigua, Bermuda, New Orleans, Quebec, D.C., Poconos...) and spend most of my time on TripAdvisor, you're review has tipped the scales.

What drew me in was the connection I had with the three of you taking the trip in celebration of your birthdays, something I do on a smaller scale with two of my friends (we just keep it in the states). One is a TV exec & married w/kids, the other is a newlywed & pro dancer (Radio City & one of the original Knick Cheerleaders) & then there's me bringing up the rear... the class clown & college adjunct instructor :D.

I felt your pain when you complained about the tolls (lord knows the G.W. is $12.00 without EZ Pass coming back into Manhattan) and your love for your state (yeah... I get out to Jersey Gardens now & again).

But what made me sit down & write a reply was, after reading thru the entire thread. the comic relief was the best (I giggled out loud with tears streaming down my face looking at the pics & descrip of the Bingo episode...Tooooo funny :p)

Thanks for the info/lesson on the agave (100%) & sharing the info on booking a cab in Cozumel (Mr. Sanchos was my spot!!! Massage up in the cut was the best....) I felt your pain in the sauna & wanted to give a loud shhhhh for ya..you've got a knack for this....blogging....keep it going.

With that said, my girls and I did do one far off destination (just after the TV exec got married) to Jamaica and it was during college spring break. We had a GOOOOOOOOD time. Stayed at the infamous Dr.'s Cave Hotel & hung out the Doctors Cave Beach & ate Jerk at the famous Pork Pit. Had a cab driver named Biggaaa who saved our lives, and went to experience the beautiful beaches & scenery of Negril...only to end up jumping off the cliff at Ricks Cafe...aaahh memories.

My baby sis loves to cruise and wants to experience the Allure or Oasis badly. Her craving is even worse after learning her maid of honor just booked the Oasis w/her hubby for July...So I'm gonna have a little family pow wow & see if I can do it big for Allure before the year ends. Thanks for the inspiration. You are truly blessed to have family & friends who support your passion.

Karen

Hi Karen! Wow, thank you so much for your comments! Words like those keep me writing :), I really appreciate you taking the time to post. And oh my gosh, we just drove into NY for dinner with Rae and her husband last weekend....I couldn't believe it was $12 to get into the city! Ugh! LOL....

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the review, and could feel my pain in the spa. I mean, the surroundings sort of tell you that you might want to be quiet! :rolleyes::) Oh well, I still had a great time. Crystal can always be counted upon to provide comic relief! I just love that woman! LOL

There's nothing like traveling with your closest friends. The list of places you've been is awesome! I think we're going to try some land-based vacations in the future. We try to do something each year, even if it's on a smaller scale. Rae and I (with my Mom) sailed the Carnival Glory last year, and the three of us took a trip to the Hamptons with my good friend Janelle (she came with us on the Serenade in 2010). I think next year, we might go to Miami...I would love to go to Scottsdale, AZ.

Your Jamaica trip sounded like so much FUN! You know, Wes and I were thinking of changing our plans in Jamaica and going to Doctor's Cave Beach and Scotchie's in Montego Bay. What did you think of that beach?

I'm so blessed to have a great husband and friends who support me in my interests and goals. Thankful for them every day. I hope you can make it on the Allure this year! If you are able to make it happen, please come back and let me know. Who knows, we might end up on the same sailing! :)

Chrystal, I LOVE Dr. Cave beach! Its one of my faves in all of the Caribbean. I haven't been in a few years but am looking forward to returning oh my upcoming Oasis cruise.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Niiiice! So good to know, thank you! I am a little worried about the beach being busy since it sounds like it gets crowded when ships are in port. Any feedback about that?

I haven't forgotten about the belt. Took a pic this morning, will post this evening. :)

I've been there only once as a port stop and that was back in 2004. I don't remember it being uncomfortably crowded, but then that was 8 years ago. I hope that's not the case because I love DCB. I'll have to check out the port of call boards and see what they say.

I've been there only once as a port stop and that was back in 2004. I don't remember it being uncomfortably crowded, but then that was 8 years ago. I hope that's not the case because I love DCB. I'll have to check out the port of call boards and see what they say.

Yeah I'll check out the boards over there too. I think we're going to head there either way. Did you happen to go to the Pork Pit nearby? I'm thinking of having our driver take us to the beach and to Scotchie's, but the Pork Pit is within walking distance of DCB. If that's the case (and it's just as good as Scotchie's), then we can just take a shuttle to DCB and save a LOT of money. What do you think?

What an amazing review!! We were on Liberty (twice ;)) last year and miss her so much!! Looking at your pictures took me right back there, so I thank you for that.

Having small children, it was fun to read about a different kind of cruise, one my husband and I can look forward to in a few years time when the boys are older :)

Thank you once again, it's been so much fun.

Jo x

Chrystal:

I imagine things have changed a tad in MoBay now. This was spring break in the late 90's before 9/11.

It was a blast, flying air Jamaica when they had paper coupons for free drinks (lol). Doctors Cave Beach was free & spring break was in full effect!!! Beach parties w/music & wet t shirt contests. We'd wake up everyday & trot over to the beach...by the third day we'd hear cries of "Heeeeer cuuuum the Nuuuyaaaawkers Dem"! It was so cool, crazy & organic. My photo album is full of crazy JA "day in the life" shots. The beach party even continued on some nights. Some of those same people we met on that beach in MoBay I encountered again on my second trip...in of all places Ocho Rios :p.

Now If your into Jerk I'm sure sctch. should fit your bill, cause Jamaica by far has the best Jerk hands down (I'm vegan now, but I remember the hot sauce...pace yourselves please.... stuff is dangerous...& the festival bread that went along with it). Back then the place to be was the Pork Pit & I'm not even sure if the current location is the original, as I heard tales that an unfortunate fire had claimed it when I went down for my second visit, later on with my son (base camp was Ocho that time).

Thanks again for the your wonderful review & if my family books the Allure I'll be sure to let you know.

-Karen

Edited by nigelsmom1

Chrystal:

I imagine things have changed a tad in MoBay now. This was spring break in the late 90's before 9/11.

It was a blast, flying air Jamaica when they had paper coupons for free drinks (lol). Doctors Cave Beach was free & spring break was in full effect!!! Beach parties w/music & wet t shirt contests. We'd wake up everyday & trot over to the beach...by the third day we'd hear cries of "Heeeeer cuuuum the Nuuuyaaaawkers Dem"! It was so cool, crazy & organic. My photo album is full of crazy JA "day in the life" shots. The beach party even continued on some nights. Some of those same people we met on that beach in MoBay I encountered again on my second trip...in of all places Ocho Rios :p.

Now If your into Jerk I'm sure sctch. should fit your bill, cause Jamaica by far has the best Jerk hands down (I'm vegan now, but I remember the hot sauce...pace yourselves please.... stuff is dangerous...& the festival bread that went along with it). Back then the place to be was the Pork Pit & I'm not even sure if the current location is the original, as I heard tales that an unfortunate fire had claimed it when I went down for my second visit, later on with my son (base camp was Ocho that time).

Thanks again for the your wonderful review & if my family books the Allure I'll be sure to let you know.

-Karen

OMG! The festivals were the best. My family still talks about them 5 yrs later! I have tried to make them at home but just not the same as eating them on beautiful Reggae Beach

Chrystal:

-Karen

Thank you, Karen! I think we'll try the walk from the beach to the Pork Pit. I hear it's on the far end of the hip strip and it sounds like people walk it pretty often. We'll see! I just want white sand, blue water, and my jerk chicken. We've been to Ocho Rios for an AI vacation so we'll head to Montego Bay this time. Nothing comes close to the jerk chicken in Jamaica! :)

OMG! The festivals were the best. My family still talks about them 5 yrs later! I have tried to make them at home but just not the same as eating them on beautiful Reggae Beach

YES! They're delicious! :D

I'm definately late to the party, but thoroughly enjoying your review and your pictures are awesome! The three of you gals are such a hoot, I'd love to be on a cruise with you someday. I remember reading your review of your Southern on the Serenade - loved it so much that was the next cruise my late DH and I booked! Thanks!!!!