Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

... You know how every once in a while you will get one of those "I want to crawl back under the cover & not deal with life" days happen? :( Today was that day for me. I found my mood lightening, smiled and laughed my way through your review. Thanks for sharing your cruise. I looked like such a double scoop of F U N!!!!:o;)

Chrystal - We used Peat Taylor when we went to Falmouth. We toured a bit, went to Drs. Cave Beach and then to Scotchies for lunch. We actually had his son as our tourguide and he was great. http://www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com/

They have preset tours or will customize for you or your group. Their instructions for finding them in Falmouth (big port facility) was perfect and they provided a really great experience. We invited him to have lunch with us and it was the best part of the tour, sitting eating wonderful food and sharing stories.

Thanks again for your great review, I've enjoyed so much!

I second Pete Taylor!!!! (FYI- son is so cute!) And spot on about the jerk! YUM!!!

I'm definately late to the party, but thoroughly enjoying your review and your pictures are awesome! The three of you gals are such a hoot, I'd love to be on a cruise with you someday. I remember reading your review of your Southern on the Serenade - loved it so much that was the next cruise my late DH and I booked! Thanks!!!!

Hi dreamer976! Thank you so much for posting, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this review and my Serenade review. I'm glad you and your late DH booked the Serenade, I hope you had a wonderful time! Hoping our paths cross on a cruise someday, and until then, happy sailing :)

... You know how every once in a while you will get one of those "I want to crawl back under the cover & not deal with life" days happen? :( Today was that day for me. I found my mood lightening, smiled and laughed my way through your review. Thanks for sharing your cruise. I looked like such a double scoop of F U N!!!!:o;)

Wow Britney, thank you so much! I was actually feeling a little down yesterday. Then I got a beautiful voice message from one of my best friends, and I see your post and dreamer's post- all of you brightened my day. God sent just what I needed at the right moment! Thank you and I hope you have a great day today! :)

Edited by Host Faith

I second Pete Taylor!!!! (FYI- son is so cute!) And spot on about the jerk! YUM!!!

Looking forward to that jerk chicken! I think I'm going to make it a mission to find some good seasoning too. Of course it won't be exactly the same when I cook it, but it will be as close as I can get to the real thing :)

That belt is great!! Ah, I'm going to have to check out that store when I get to Fort Lauderdale LOL

Yes, check it out! And if you buy something, I wanna see at the M&M :D

Thank you, Karen! I think we'll try the walk from the beach to the Pork Pit. I hear it's on the far end of the hip strip and it sounds like people walk it pretty often. We'll see! I just want white sand, blue water, and my jerk chicken. We've been to Ocho Rios for an AI vacation so we'll head to Montego Bay this time. Nothing comes close to the jerk chicken in Jamaica! :)

Crystal, WOW another amazing review. I'm booked on the Carnival Conquest Sept 16th, but I swear if I'd read this review a month ago, DH and I would be on Allure with you all. I've not sailed RC to-date but you've convinced me....my birthday cruise in Jan will be either Allure or Liberty.

DH and I have eaten in MoBay at both Scotchies and Pork Pit. You can't go wrong with either, but we both found PP to be MUCH MUCH better. I remember reading somewhere that the MoBay Scotchies is not as good as the other locations.

Hey if you're docked there long enough why not try both? As I remember, Scotchies is a bit aways from the hip strip, but easily accessible by taxi....PP is just up the street from DC beach and across the street.

I'm definitely looking forward to more reviews from you.

Crystal, WOW another amazing review. I'm booked on the Carnival Conquest Sept 16th, but I swear if I'd read this review a month ago, DH and I would be on Allure with you all. I've not sailed RC to-date but you've convinced me....my birthday cruise in Jan will be either Allure or Liberty.

DH and I have eaten in MoBay at both Scotchies and Pork Pit. You can't go wrong with either, but we both found PP to be MUCH MUCH better. I remember reading somewhere that the MoBay Scotchies is not as good as the other locations.

Hey if you're docked there long enough why not try both? As I remember, Scotchies is a bit aways from the hip strip, but easily accessible by taxi....PP is just up the street from DC beach and across the street.

I'm definitely looking forward to more reviews from you.

Aww thank you so much! Sorry we'll miss you on this trip, but I'm glad you're going to give Royal a try. We're hooked :)

Do you happen to remember how far the Pork Pit was from Doctor's Cave beach? Did you walk there? I see people mentioning that the walk is easy and safe. Just wanted to get your feedback if you've gone that way.

Aww thank you so much! Sorry we'll miss you on this trip, but I'm glad you're going to give Royal a try. We're hooked :)

Do you happen to remember how far the Pork Pit was from Doctor's Cave beach? Did you walk there? I see people mentioning that the walk is easy and safe. Just wanted to get your feedback if you've gone that way.

Thanks:);), If I remember correctly, the Pork Pit is just a couple blocks from Doctor's Cave beach. When you exit Doctor's Cave beach, make a right and the Pork Pit is down the road on the left across the street - it's actually at the top of a hill and you have to walk up stairs to get there.

Yes! those that say the walk is easy and SAFE are correct. I've seen what I would consider a few fairly exaggerated worries about MoBay on CC...But we have always found MoBay to be very welcoming, safe, and FUN. Gleaming the little bit of your personality from your review, I have no doubt you will see the absolute best in the area as well. We have never felt any more or less unsafe there than we do anywhere else...and that area is VERY tourist heavy and highly populated as well

I was disappointed when I opened this thread. I thought for SURE Chrystal was on another cruise. Darn, I'll have to wait until September. The mark of a wonderful review is how long the comments last after the cruise ends. This is one of those reviews. Have a great summer and I really do look forward to your Allure review in September. Oh, by the way, the belt is fabulous!

Thanks:);), If I remember correctly, the Pork Pit is just a couple blocks from Doctor's Cave beach. When you exit Doctor's Cave beach, make a right and the Pork Pit is down the road on the left across the street - it's actually at the top of a hill and you have to walk up stairs to get there.

Yes! those that say the walk is easy and SAFE are correct. I've seen what I would consider a few fairly exaggerated worries about MoBay on CC...But we have always found MoBay to be very welcoming, safe, and FUN. Gleaming the little bit of your personality from your review, I have no doubt you will see the absolute best in the area as well. We have never felt any more or less unsafe there than we do anywhere else...and that area is VERY tourist heavy and highly populated as well

Thanks Toni! I think DH and I are going to take a taxi to DCB and visit the Pork Pit. Your post put our minds at ease. I guess people were making it sound like the walk was through an obscure type of area. We've been to Ocho Rios and had a nice time. The vendors at Dunn's River Falls were aggressive, but we took it in stride. I mean, really, they have one shot to get our attention. We find the people in Jamaica to be friendly, so we're looking forward to our time there. Thank you again! :)

I was disappointed when I opened this thread. I thought for SURE Chrystal was on another cruise. Darn, I'll have to wait until September. The mark of a wonderful review is how long the comments last after the cruise ends. This is one of those reviews. Have a great summer and I really do look forward to your Allure review in September. Oh, by the way, the belt is fabulous!

Haha! Hi Bonnie! Thank you, I hope you have a great summer too! :)

Hi Chrystal,

I am pretty sure you have already posted this but after spending the afternoon reading your riveting review I really must go get something accomplished!!!!! What kind of camera do you use??? Loved your review I think I almost had as much fun reading it as you did experiancing it. Thanks!

Sue

Enjoyed your review and many thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures! I am really looking forward to sailing on Liberty in November!

Gwen

Hi Gwen! Thank you so much, enjoy your cruise :)

Hi Chrystal' date='

I am pretty sure you have already posted this but after spending the afternoon reading your riveting review I really must go get something accomplished!!!!! What kind of camera do you use??? Loved your review I think I almost had as much fun reading it as you did experiancing it. Thanks!

Sue[/quote']

Hi Sue! Glad to hear you enjoyed reading the review! I used a Canon Powershot ELPH 100. Very happy with the camera. Happy cruising! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that this review has been among the best reviews I've EVER read here on CC. I truly felt as if I was there with you ladies (and kinda wished that I had been!). I enjoyed it so much that I went back and read all of your other reviews (and thoroughly enjoyed them as well).

Thanks so much for inviting us into your cruise experience, and sharing your observations and adventures with us. You ladies have been the inspiration for myself and my girlfriends to re-commit to taking at least one trip together each year. :)

I just wanted to say that this review has been among the best reviews I've EVER read here on CC. I truly felt as if I was there with you ladies (and kinda wished that I had been!). I enjoyed it so much that I went back and read all of your other reviews (and thoroughly enjoyed them as well).

Thanks so much for inviting us into your cruise experience, and sharing your observations and adventures with us. You ladies have been the inspiration for myself and my girlfriends to re-commit to taking at least one trip together each year. :)

Thank you so much! I think it's so important for friends to take a couple days or so each year to have some bonding time away, to have some fun and recharge a bit. Even a weekend trip is great. Wishing you and your friends many happy travels together. Who knows, maybe one day we'll all see one another onboard! :)

Edited by Host Faith

Thank you so much! I think it's so important for friends to take a couple days or so each year to have some bonding time away, to have some fun and recharge a bit. Even a weekend trip is great. Wishing you and your friends many happy travels together. Who knows, maybe one day we'll all see one another onboard! :)

You're absolutely right! It's definitely important to have that "girl" time...especially when you're scattered across 3 or 4 states. In fact, one of them is going with me to Jamaica in June to celebrate my birthday. We haven't been there together in YEARS and we're super excited!

Would you say that thus far, you prefer the Liberty over the Serenade? I'm thinking of putting together a family cruise sometime next year and as most of my family has only sailed with Carnival and on older ships, I don't want to overwhelm them by suggesting an Oasis-class. I'm thinking of having us try the Freedom-class.

You're absolutely right! It's definitely important to have that "girl" time...especially when you're scattered across 3 or 4 states. In fact, one of them is going with me to Jamaica in June to celebrate my birthday. We haven't been there together in YEARS and we're super excited!

Would you say that thus far, you prefer the Liberty over the Serenade? I'm thinking of putting together a family cruise sometime next year and as most of my family has only sailed with Carnival and on older ships, I don't want to overwhelm them by suggesting an Oasis-class. I'm thinking of having us try the Freedom-class.

Nice! And Happy Birthday in advance! Crystal's headed to Jamaica at the end of June. It would be so funny if you saw her and recognized her! :D

Hmmm...I think the Liberty would be a good choice if your family has a lot of children/teenagers. If they like a lot of activities, and bells and whistles, the Liberty is perfect for the first time on a Royal ship.

I love the Serenade, but for different reasons. Mostly for a relaxing type of vacation where seeing new ports is most important. There's beautiful artwork on the ship, all the glass windows make you feel more connected to the sea, and the service is fantastic. If your family likes to explore new islands, etc, you can't beat sailing the Serenade/Brilliance because of the Southern Caribbean. And sailing out of San Juan is wonderful.

I think they'll be impressed with either ship, it just depends on what type of vacation everyone's looking for.

Nice! And Happy Birthday in advance! Crystal's headed to Jamaica at the end of June. It would be so funny if you saw her and recognized her! :D

Hmmm...I think the Liberty would be a good choice if your family has a lot of children/teenagers. If they like a lot of activities, and bells and whistles, the Liberty is perfect for the first time on a Royal ship.

I love the Serenade, but for different reasons. Mostly for a relaxing type of vacation where seeing new ports is most important. There's beautiful artwork on the ship, all the glass windows make you feel more connected to the sea, and the service is fantastic. If your family likes to explore new islands, etc, you can't beat sailing the Serenade/Brilliance because of the Southern Caribbean. And sailing out of San Juan is wonderful.

I think they'll be impressed with either ship, it just depends on what type of vacation everyone's looking for.

Thank you! It's the big 4-0 :eek:, so I'm slightly traumatized because I have no idea where the time went, but I'm also very very grateful and very very blessed to be able to see 40. :)

I can just imagine her expression if I ran up to her and said "Hiiiiiii Crystal!". She'd probably wonder what kind of stalker I was. LOL!! What part of Jamaica is she visiting? We're staying at Secrets St James in Montego Bay.

Thank you for your input--I think I'm going to put together something for the Liberty or possibly the Freedom. I, too, loved the Serenade but I think it may be a little to "subdued" for some in our crowd. We've got some die-hard kids-at-heart, and bells and whistles make them happy.

Thank you! It's the big 4-0 :eek:, so I'm slightly traumatized because I have no idea where the time went, but I'm also very very grateful and very very blessed to be able to see 40. :)

I can just imagine her expression if I ran up to her and said "Hiiiiiii Crystal!". She'd probably wonder what kind of stalker I was. LOL!! What part of Jamaica is she visiting? We're staying at Secrets St James in Montego Bay.

Thank you for your input--I think I'm going to put together something for the Liberty or possibly the Freedom. I, too, loved the Serenade but I think it may be a little to "subdued" for some in our crowd. We've got some die-hard kids-at-heart, and bells and whistles make them happy.

Haha! Yes the time does go by fast. Crystal is staying at the Riu in Ocho Rios so I doubt you'll see her. Oh well, that would have been hilarious!!!

Yes, I think the Freedom Class would be great for your family. They would be blown away by the ship, but not too overwhelmed at the same time. Sounds like a fun trip!

Haha! Yes the time does go by fast. Crystal is staying at the Riu in Ocho Rios so I doubt you'll see her. Oh well, that would have been hilarious!!!

Yes, I think the Freedom Class would be great for your family. They would be blown away by the ship, but not too overwhelmed at the same time. Sounds like a fun trip!

Dang, I was looking forward to the prospect of surprising her with my insider knowledge of you guys' Liberty cruise. :D

I shared your review with my friend that's going to Jamaica with me and we both are dying to know--where did you get that cute swimsuit (red, shirred--I think) that you wore that day in Cozumel?? We're both in the market for cute one-piece suits.

I've also shared the review with some of my family members, and they're excited at the prospect. Royal Caribbean is really reaping the benefits of you ladies enjoying the heck out of this sailing! ;)

Dang, I was looking forward to the prospect of surprising her with my insider knowledge of you guys' Liberty cruise. :D

I shared your review with my friend that's going to Jamaica with me and we both are dying to know--where did you get that cute swimsuit (red, shirred--I think) that you wore that day in Cozumel?? We're both in the market for cute one-piece suits.

I've also shared the review with some of my family members, and they're excited at the prospect. Royal Caribbean is really reaping the benefits of you ladies enjoying the heck out of this sailing! ;)

I got the bathing suit from JCPenney, here's a link to the suit. I love it! Can't wait to wear it again. I took the straps off since I didn't want a tan line. It stayed in place perfectly the whole time.

Glad the review is creating some enthusiasm! The Freedom class is awesome, you all are sure to have a great time. :D

Edited by Host Faith

I got the bathing suit from JCPenney, here's a link to the suit. I love it! Can't wait to wear it again. I took the straps off since I didn't want a tan line. It stayed in place perfectly the whole time.

Glad the review is creating some enthusiasm! The Freedom class is awesome, you all are sure to have a great time. :D

Yay! Thanks for the link. I shared it with my friend this morning before work got crazy. I just checked with her and she has ALREADY ordered it. LOL.

I know that you're probably planning to do one anyway, but please please do a review of your cruise in September. It will be a fantastic escape for those of us stuck at home.