Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Yay! Thanks for the link. I shared it with my friend this morning before work got crazy. I just checked with her and she has ALREADY ordered it. LOL.

I know that you're probably planning to do one anyway, but please please do a review of your cruise in September. It will be a fantastic escape for those of us stuck at home.

LOL! That's so funny! She's going to love the suit. :D I was thinking of getting that suit in another color as well. There's a suit at Nordstrom that I'm eyeing too. It's a LOT more pricey than what I'm used to getting, but I might treat myself. We'll see. It's too cute. Here's a link.

I will absolutely write a review for the Allure. I can't wait. Already taking notes on things I don't want to miss. Just booked our hillside cabana this morning so looking forward to that. Sigh, September can't get here fast enough!

LOL! That's so funny! She's going to love the suit. :D I was thinking of getting that suit in another color as well. There's a suit at Nordstrom that I'm eyeing too. It's a LOT more pricey than what I'm used to getting, but I might treat myself. We'll see. It's too cute. Here's a link.

I will absolutely write a review for the Allure. I can't wait. Already taking notes on things I don't want to miss. Just booked our hillside cabana this morning so looking forward to that. Sigh, September can't get here fast enough!

Wowwww, that suit IS cute! It's more than I'd normally spend on a swimsuit too, but ooooh weee, it's cute.

If I were booked for a fabulous cruise on the Allure, I'd be doing a serious countdown, so I can imagine your anticipation. I was supposed to be doing a Thanksgiving cruise on the Liberty this year with friends and family, but things didn't work out. I've booked a quickie on the Monarch to tide me over until next year, when hopefully I'll get to sail on something larger.

Wowwww, that suit IS cute! It's more than I'd normally spend on a swimsuit too, but ooooh weee, it's cute.

If I were booked for a fabulous cruise on the Allure, I'd be doing a serious countdown, so I can imagine your anticipation. I was supposed to be doing a Thanksgiving cruise on the Liberty this year with friends and family, but things didn't work out. I've booked a quickie on the Monarch to tide me over until next year, when hopefully I'll get to sail on something larger.

Yeah we'll see about that bathing suit lol. I'm still trying to decide whether to skip a formal night. We skipped the first night on our last Serenade cruise, and it was a nice, leisurely evening. Trying to minimize packing, so buying yet another bathing suit wouldn't make much sense, especially at that price. But I like it! LOL

Awww, yeah that's happened to us a couple times. Actually, back in 2010 we were trying to get our family to book the Allure and that plan fizzled pretty quickly. It's all good. I'm pretty happy as long as I'm on a ship. The Monarch sounds like a nice cruise. :)

Coconuts= Best Restaurant Ever!!! My husband and I always make a special trip there when we are in Fort Lauderdale. Their Paella is the best!

Coconuts is awesome! You just gave me something else to try there when we go back :D

Hi Chrystal!

Loved your review, wished we had known about Mr. Sancho's when we were in Cozumel last year, it looks lovely.

We are sailing the Eastern route next and are wondering if you know of any similar places around St. Thomas or St. Marteen?? Or how did you find Mr. Sancho's??

Thanks,

Aoife :)

Thank you a great review. We are sailing on Liberty in September out of Barcelona and you have made us even more excited about our upcoming trip.

We haven't sailed on Allure (or Oasis) yet. I put a reminder on my calendar to check out Cruise Critic in September to read about your experience. I am sure we will be anxious to give her a try after reading your review. Have a fabulous vacation.

Hi Chrystal!

Loved your review, wished we had known about Mr. Sancho's when we were in Cozumel last year, it looks lovely.

We are sailing the Eastern route next and are wondering if you know of any similar places around St. Thomas or St. Marteen?? Or how did you find Mr. Sancho's??

Thanks,

Aoife :)

Hi Aiofe! Actually I'm not sure if there are any AI places like Mr. Sancho's on the Eastern route. Two things I can recommend in St. Thomas: Trunk Bay and a day sail with Highpockets. Trunk Bay is the most incredible beach I've ever seen. We went there on our last Serenade cruise (review in my signature). Highpockets is on my list whenever we sail with friends in the future.

Is it September already???? :D;)

Checked out both swimsuits. Awesome!

Lol! Hi Bonnie! I wish it was September. Can't wait to go! I'm keeping an eye on that second bathing suit. We'll see :)

Thank you a great review. We are sailing on Liberty in September out of Barcelona and you have made us even more excited about our upcoming trip.

We haven't sailed on Allure (or Oasis) yet. I put a reminder on my calendar to check out Cruise Critic in September to read about your experience. I am sure we will be anxious to give her a try after reading your review. Have a fabulous vacation.

Hi Kimberly! I'm glad the review helped get you even more excited about your cruise! I can't wait to come back and tell everyone all about the Allure. The Barcelona itinerary looks awesome. Wishing you a great vacation too! :D

Edited by Host Faith
spelling

What camera did you use for your photos??? They look great

Thank you

Hi missemo!

Hi Sue! Glad to hear you enjoyed reading the review! I used a Canon Powershot ELPH 100. Very happy with the camera. Happy cruising! :)

• 3 weeks later...

but I spent the morning reading the review! I am not sure how I even found your review now that I am done reading it! Must have seen it on a comment you made on someone else's post or something!

Anyway, I have LOVED reading about it! You guys look like so much FUN! I cannot wait to read about your Allure adventures. (Especially since we are sailing on her in Oct 2013!) Thanks for all the tips and tricks! I am looking forward to spending a day similar to yours in Cozumel on our trip!!!

Really enjoyed reading your great review and looking at your wonderful pictures. You ladies were having a great time on that cruise. We cannot wait for our cruise on Liberty of the Seas. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Shari & John

but I spent the morning reading the review! I am not sure how I even found your review now that I am done reading it! Must have seen it on a comment you made on someone else's post or something!

Anyway, I have LOVED reading about it! You guys look like so much FUN! I cannot wait to read about your Allure adventures. (Especially since we are sailing on her in Oct 2013!) Thanks for all the tips and tricks! I am looking forward to spending a day similar to yours in Cozumel on our trip!!!

Hi Tiffany! Thank you so much. I can't stop thinking about our Allure cruise this fall, we're really looking forward to it. I'm glad this review helped you plan your day in Cozumel. We're spending half our day with Alberto again in September, and the other half at Mr. Sancho's. It's just a nice way to get the some of best of what Cozumel has to offer in your own timing. :)

Really enjoyed reading your great review and looking at your wonderful pictures. You ladies were having a great time on that cruise. We cannot wait for our cruise on Liberty of the Seas. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Shari & John

Thank you Shari and John! We had an awesome time on the Liberty. You're sure to enjoy your cruise! :)

Host Faith, another amazing review, thank you so much for taking the time to post, it looked like the 3 of you had an absolutely fantastic trip.

Thank you Donovan! We had an awesome time.

I think Crystal's caught the travel bug. She sailed the Serenade with us in 2010, the Liberty this year, and next month she's headed to Jamaica. Next year she's going to Australia, and sailing the Allure. I love it! :D

This was an absolutely FABULOUS review!!!

I subscribed to it a while back and started reading it over this past weekend. Perfect timing too! I went to Ft. Lauderdale for my birthday yesterday and went to the Blue Martini because of your review. I was hoping for some dancing, but because of the Miami-OKC game, it was an off night. There was a band that was supposed to finish playing at 11, and then there would be a dj. The band didn't start playing until the game went off, about 11:30 maybe? Anyways it's a cool place to hang out and I'm sure I'll be visiting there again. :)

Question about the Solarium- what exactly is it? I saw pictures with some lounge chairs, making it look kind of spa like, and you also mentioned a hot tub there. It is an adults only area, kind of like Serenity on Carnival? Also, I didn't know there's a boxing ring in the gym. That's pretty cool! Is there a fee to use it? Are the Solarium and boxing ring fleet wide? Sorry for all the questions. I have yet to take my first Royal cruise. :o

This was an absolutely FABULOUS review!!!

I subscribed to it a while back and started reading it over this past weekend. Perfect timing too! I went to Ft. Lauderdale for my birthday yesterday and went to the Blue Martini because of your review. I was hoping for some dancing, but because of the Miami-OKC game, it was an off night. There was a band that was supposed to finish playing at 11, and then there would be a dj. The band didn't start playing until the game went off, about 11:30 maybe? Anyways it's a cool place to hang out and I'm sure I'll be visiting there again. :)

Question about the Solarium- what exactly is it? I saw pictures with some lounge chairs, making it look kind of spa like, and you also mentioned a hot tub there. It is an adults only area, kind of like Serenity on Carnival? Also, I didn't know there's a boxing ring in the gym. That's pretty cool! Is there a fee to use it? Are the Solarium and boxing ring fleet wide? Sorry for all the questions. I have yet to take my first Royal cruise. :o

Thank you so much and Happy Birthday! Bummer about the Blue Martini the night you were there. I'm glad you're going to give it a try sometime in the future. We really had a great time.

The Solarium is similar to the Serenity area on most Royal ships. I sailed the Glory last year, and I have to say that I love Royal's solariums much more than the Serenity area. It's adults-only, and includes a nice sized pool, usually a couple jacuzzi's, a bar, and sometimes a pizza counter. Most of the time, it's open-air and it's usually toward the rear of the ship. It's totally enclosed with glass walls (except for the roof) so no wind, etc. There are normally lots of plants around, and when you sail a Radiance-class ship (like the Serenade- see photos in my signature), there is a retractable roof and they pipe in the sounds of birds chirping. Plenty of loungers around for sunning and or enjoying a good book. Really nice and relaxing.

As for the boxing ring, I think that's unique to the Freedom-class ships. Not sure about the fee to use it on your own. I do know they offer private lessons for a fee.

I love Royal. I think a Freedom class ship like the Liberty or the Freedom of the Seas would be a great start for you since you've cruised Carnival several times. Rae's first cruise was the Glory with me, and she noted that as soon as she stepped foot on the ship she could see the difference between Carnival and Royal. She liked both cruises, they're just distinctly different experiences. Please come back and let us know what you think of Royal if you choose to give it a try in the future. You write great reviews! :)

Thank you so much and Happy Birthday! Bummer about the Blue Martini the night you were there. I'm glad you're going to give it a try sometime in the future. We really had a great time.

The Solarium is similar to the Serenity area on most Royal ships. I sailed the Glory last year, and I have to say that I love Royal's solariums much more than the Serenity area. It's adults-only, and includes a nice sized pool, usually a couple jacuzzi's, a bar, and sometimes a pizza counter. Most of the time, it's open-air and it's usually toward the rear of the ship. It's totally enclosed with glass walls (except for the roof) so no wind, etc. There are normally lots of plants around, and when you sail a Radiance-class ship (like the Serenade- see photos in my signature), there is a retractable roof and they pipe in the sounds of birds chirping. Plenty of loungers around for sunning and or enjoying a good book. Really nice and relaxing.

As for the boxing ring, I think that's unique to the Freedom-class ships. Not sure about the fee to use it on your own. I do know they offer private lessons for a fee.

I love Royal. I think a Freedom class ship like the Liberty or the Freedom of the Seas would be a great start for you since you've cruised Carnival several times. Rae's first cruise was the Glory with me, and she noted that as soon as she stepped foot on the ship she could see the difference between Carnival and Royal. She liked both cruises, they're just distinctly different experiences. Please come back and let us know what you think of Royal if you choose to give it a try in the future. You write great reviews! :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes! The big three-two girl. :eek:

I'm booked on the Navigator. It's a port intensive Mediterranean itinerary, so I'm afraid I won't be able to experience all the ship has to offer. I'm going to try to see and do as much as I can though. It will be nice to try something different and compare Royal with Carnival. I'm glad you enjoyed my other reviews. I'll definitely bring back a review from this one! :)

Even though I read your great report as you were doing it, we are leaving for Europe in a few days from Australia and which culminates in our LOS cruise. So this weekend my work is to read this thread again from scratch. Going to be cold and rainy here so can't think of a better thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the birthday wishes! The big three-two girl. :eek:

I'm booked on the Navigator. It's a port intensive Mediterranean itinerary, so I'm afraid I won't be able to experience all the ship has to offer. I'm going to try to see and do as much as I can though. It will be nice to try something different and compare Royal with Carnival. I'm glad you enjoyed my other reviews. I'll definitely bring back a review from this one! :)

LOL awww, well you look great! 30 was a shock for me this year!

Ooooh, that's actually the class of ship we started with for Royal. We sailed the Adventure of the Seas back in 2009. The Royal Promenade is really cool, and we enjoyed the Solarium, Portofino, and Johnny Rockets. One of my favorite photos is Wes looking up at the Royal Promenade for the first time, ROFL:

ry%3D400

We had a pretty port-intensive cruise too in the Southern Caribbean, but the Med sounds amazing! Are you leaving from Rome? I would love to do that itinerary someday, maybe spend a couple days in Rome before the cruise.