Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Hi, I just would like to add that my name is Krystle. :eek: :p I don't think we have covered all the ways to spell it yet, lol.

Haha! Hey Krystle! Who knew there were so many ways to spell our name?! This is awesome lol :D

Even though I read your great report as you were doing it, we are leaving for Europe in a few days from Australia and which culminates in our LOS cruise. So this weekend my work is to read this thread again from scratch. Going to be cold and rainy here so can't think of a better thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Pushka! That sounds like a great vacation! You don't have that long of a wait at all, though I'm sure it feels like it. I'm glad the review is helping the time pass a little more quickly. Have a great time in Europe, and on the Liberty! Please come back and let us know what you think. :D

LOL awww, well you look great! 30 was a shock for me this year!

Ooooh, that's actually the class of ship we started with for Royal. We sailed the Adventure of the Seas back in 2009. The Royal Promenade is really cool, and we enjoyed the Solarium, Portofino, and Johnny Rockets. One of my favorite photos is Wes looking up at the Royal Promenade for the first time, ROFL:

ry%3D400

We had a pretty port-intensive cruise too in the Southern Caribbean, but the Med sounds amazing! Are you leaving from Rome? I would love to do that itinerary someday, maybe spend a couple days in Rome before the cruise.

Your review of the ship definitely has me excited! Yes, I'm leaving from Rome. I need to lose 10 pounds before I go so I won't feel bad gaining it back when I get there. I LOVE Italian food! :eek: :o ;)

Your review of the ship definitely has me excited! Yes, I'm leaving from Rome. I need to lose 10 pounds before I go so I won't feel bad gaining it back when I get there. I LOVE Italian food! :eek: :o ;)

Oh wow that sounds awesome! I would do the same thing to prepare to go to Rome. I love Italian food too! Have a gelato (or two or three) for me, lol! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Vicki, I noticed you have sailed quite a bit and we are fixing to go on Liberty of the Seas W. Mediterriean and was wondering how expensive is the coctails and beer?

Hi there! Not sure who Vicki is, but here's a great website with the drink menus. They should be about the same fleet-wide.

http://www.thepreismans.com/

Go to the Allure link, then go to food and beverage menus. You'll see the actual beverage menus there. :)

~Chrystal

I have read many reviews, but yours is BY FAR, the best I've ever read. It has taken me a couple of hours to get through the whole thing but time has flown by. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. You were very descriptive in your review, and I love a lot of pictures in reviews. The pictures show what a great time you and your friends had. Thanks! I can't wait to read through your other reviews, in the near future. :) Sandy

Edited by sandys57

I have read many reviews, but yours is BY FAR, the best I've ever read. It has taken me a couple of hours to get through the whole thing but time has flown by. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. You were very descriptive in your review, and I love a lot of pictures in reviews. The pictures show what a great time you and your friends had. Thanks! I can't wait to read through your other reviews, in the near future. :) Sandy

Thank you so much, Sandy! I can't wait to sail the Allure and share my next review. Happy cruising to you :)

Hi Chrystal,

I just spent a couple of hours reading your awesome review and enjoying all the great pictures!

I have to add a little bit to the small world theme - I was enjoying your Los Olas day when I suddenly saw a face I recognized - the owner of the EVOO Market! Not only is he a former NJ resident, he more recently resided in a very small town in central Vermont - our daughters were together at the local high school ten or so years ago! I knew that he'd relocated to Fort Lauderdale and opened this EVOO shop, but I never expected to see a photo of him on Cruise Critic! Small world, indeed!

Hi Chrystal,

I just spent a couple of hours reading your awesome review and enjoying all the great pictures!

I have to add a little bit to the small world theme - I was enjoying your Los Olas day when I suddenly saw a face I recognized - the owner of the EVOO Market! Not only is he a former NJ resident, he more recently resided in a very small town in central Vermont - our daughters were together at the local high school ten or so years ago! I knew that he'd relocated to Fort Lauderdale and opened this EVOO shop, but I never expected to see a photo of him on Cruise Critic! Small world, indeed!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the review! And what a small world it really is! It's amazing that you know Sultan on such a personal level only to find his photo here :eek:. Just incredible!

Because of the length of time in San Gervasio, we had to decide whether to head straight to Mr. Sancho's, or hire Alberto for another hour. I'm so glad we decided to remain with him one more hour. Our next stop was Hacienda Antigua, the tequila tour on the island. So. Much. Fun! I'm glad we didn't skip this one. I think it was less than a 10 minute ride away if I recall correctly.

IMG_0760.jpg

Love your dress! Care to share your shopping source?!

Love your dress! Care to share your shopping source?!

Not sure where Rae got that dress. She tends to shop at Forever 21 a lot. She's had that dress for a couple years though :)

Your holiday looks brilliant! We're going on a Mediterranean cruise in September (can't wait!) and were wondering if there's a kettle in the room for making tea or do you just have to order room service?

Your holiday looks brilliant! We're going on a Mediterranean cruise in September (can't wait!) and were wondering if there's a kettle in the room for making tea or do you just have to order room service?

Thank you! We had a great time. No kettles in the room, but you can request a pot of hot water from room service :)

Host Faith, this has got to be the best review I've ever read on CC. Thanks for sharing and for all the pics. I'm planning on surprising my Mom with a Liberty cruise right before Christmas this year so this info was very helpful. You and your girls def know what you're doing. I just have 2 questions for you.

1. Royal Caribbean describes the beds in the staterooms as either 1 queen or 2 twins. However, the bed looks a little bigger than a queen. Do you think describing it as a queen is accurate or would you say it's closer to a king. I've actually cruised on royal once with my own cabin but I can't remember what the bed size was like.

2. Have you ever been on the Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage? I have friends who've told me it a MUST. With your travel expertise I was just wondering if you've been.

Thanks for your help

Great pictures here....I was looking at Mr. Sanchos beach. Would you happen to know what the fees are for jet ski rentals??

Thank you! Here is the information I got via email from Mr. Sanchos before our cruise, regarding the optional activities. Hope this helps!

· Cost for Wave runner 1/2 hour is $65.00 and $130.00 for 1 hour.

· Parasailing cost is $65.00 per person for 13 minutes up on the air

· Horseback Riding on the beach and in the jungle $30.00 for the 1/2 hour tour, horses are assigned according to weight and experience.

· ATV Beach and Jungle tour is priced at $40.00 with great trails and sand dunes for fun riding. Must be at list 16 years old to drive.

· Lockers and fresh beach towels are $4.00 each.

Edited by Host Faith
spelling

I had somehow missed your earlier trip reports but have gone back and read them all. You are a beautiful person with a great outlook on life! I will look forward to reading your future reports. Happy sailing!

Thank you so much!:) Happy sailing to you too!

Host Faith, this has got to be the best review I've ever read on CC. Thanks for sharing and for all the pics. I'm planning on surprising my Mom with a Liberty cruise right before Christmas this year so this info was very helpful. You and your girls def know what you're doing. I just have 2 questions for you.

1. Royal Caribbean describes the beds in the staterooms as either 1 queen or 2 twins. However, the bed looks a little bigger than a queen. Do you think describing it as a queen is accurate or would you say it's closer to a king. I've actually cruised on royal once with my own cabin but I can't remember what the bed size was like.

2. Have you ever been on the Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage? I have friends who've told me it a MUST. With your travel expertise I was just wondering if you've been.

Thanks for your help

Thank you, what a nice surprise for your Mom! :)

I think the beds are closer to a real queen size.

Never been on the Tom Joyner trip, sorry I can't comment on it!

Also, here are the massage prices for Mr. Sancho's FYI. They have a palapa for massages on the beach:

Relaxing Massage

15 minutes = $20.00 usd

20 minutes = $25.00 usd

30 minutes = $35.00 usd

40 minutes = $45.00 usd

60 minutes = $65.00 usd

Deep Massage

15 minutes = $ 25.00 usd

20 minutes = $30.00 usd

30 minutes = $40.00 usd

40 minutes = $50.00 usd

60 minutes = $70.00 usd