Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

by the way I sent you an email yesterday.

I was wondering if you plan on reviewing the Allure?

I'm so sorry, I just saw your email a few minutes ago. YES, I absolutely plan on doing a photo review when we get back. I'll have lots to write- a couple days in South Beach before the cruise, and then the 7-nighter. Looking forward to the cruise and the review :)

I'm so sorry, I just saw your email a few minutes ago. YES, I absolutely plan on doing a photo review when we get back. I'll have lots to write- a couple days in South Beach before the cruise, and then the 7-nighter. Looking forward to the cruise and the review :)

cool can't wait!

Absolutely loved this review. The Liberty of the Sea is a great ship. Looks like you all had a great time.

Thank you! The Liberty is fantastic! Looking forward to sailing her again sometime in the future.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the review! :)

Enjoy your cruise and Happy Anniversary! Our first cruise was our honeymoon to Bermuda. Looking forward to visiting Bermuda sometime in the future, it's a beautiful place.

We had a really great dinner at the Barracuda Grill, in Hamilton. After we went there we found out that Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglass love it there. Not surprised, the food was amazing.

In St. George, we had a nice dinner at the White Horse. Pretty good food and a nice view.

Well, I feel like I just got back from vacation myself and had a wonderful time! What an AMAZING review. It is so nice of you to take the time to post something so in-depth. I feel like I know you girls! And I saw the little tidbit at the end of this thread about a little one on the way...Congrats! I moved to Miami from Northern New Jersey (Union) about 10 years ago. From one "sistah" to another, it's so wonderful to see beautiful women having a beautiful time! I'm not due to cruise until March 2013 (spring break) so I look forward to your next review!

Well, I feel like I just got back from vacation myself and had a wonderful time! What an AMAZING review. It is so nice of you to take the time to post something so in-depth. I feel like I know you girls! And I saw the little tidbit at the end of this thread about a little one on the way...Congrats! I moved to Miami from Northern New Jersey (Union) about 10 years ago. From one "sistah" to another, it's so wonderful to see beautiful women having a beautiful time! I'm not due to cruise until March 2013 (spring break) so I look forward to your next review!

Haha! Thank you so much. Well that's what I was going for! Mission accomplished :). I love reading longer reviews, makes me feel like I'm taking a little vacay myself. Can't help but do the same when I get back from a cruise. I wish more of us traveled like this, know what I mean? ;) It's getting better though as time passes.

How's life in Miami? DH and I talk about moving to Florida, or somewhere in the South, sometime in the future.

We don't have that much longer of a wait for our cruise! My camera's ready, and I'm saving all the cruise compasses. Looking forward to writing about our trip once we get home.

Haha! Thank you so much. Well that's what I was going for! Mission accomplished :). I love reading longer reviews, makes me feel like I'm taking a little vacay myself. Can't help but do the same when I get back from a cruise. I wish more of us traveled like this, know what I mean? ;) It's getting better though as time passes.

How's life in Miami? DH and I talk about moving to Florida, or somewhere in the South, sometime in the future.

We don't have that much longer of a wait for our cruise! My camera's ready, and I'm saving all the cruise compasses. Looking forward to writing about our trip once we get home.

I love life in South Florida. I have yet to be sad about missing a 20 degrees winter day! Jersey and NYC are heavily represented down here as you might know. I am so inspired to truly plan a girl's trip. We talk about it ALL the time but it hasn't happened. I'm going to send them to this review so they can see it can be done! Hope you're feeling well today :)

I love life in South Florida. I have yet to be sad about missing a 20 degrees winter day! Jersey and NYC are heavily represented down here as you might know. I am so inspired to truly plan a girl's trip. We talk about it ALL the time but it hasn't happened. I'm going to send them to this review so they can see it can be done! Hope you're feeling well today :)

Haha! I don't think I would miss that either, though DH loves snow. I keep telling him, we can go to Aspen or something for a quick trip to the snow and that brisk air he loves, then head back to sunny Florida for the rest of the year. We'll see. :D

A girls' trip is a must! We're probably going to skip a vacation next year since my friend and I both have babies on the way. Maybe we'll head to the Hamptons for a day or something.

Feeling great today, thank you- two weeks till we leave for our cruise!

Hey Chrystal, great review, love it! I am a firefighter in Norfolk so of course I had to read your review for the glory which was also great! We just got back from the Allure on the 5 night Allure post Isaac cruise and had a blast and I am working on a similar review to yours maybe you can check it out, I may steal a couple of your ideas ;) Not really just going to be a little more detailed in my future reviews :) Congrats on the baby, we just found out we are expecting number three a week before the cruise, not expected at all with an 8 month old at home :eek: Life is crazy you just have to live it...

Hey Chrystal, great review, love it! I am a firefighter in Norfolk so of course I had to read your review for the glory which was also great! We just got back from the Allure on the 5 night Allure post Isaac cruise and had a blast and I am working on a similar review to yours maybe you can check it out, I may steal a couple of your ideas ;) Not really just going to be a little more detailed in my future reviews :) Congrats on the baby, we just found out we are expecting number three a week before the cruise, not expected at all with an 8 month old at home :eek: Life is crazy you just have to live it...

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews. Looking forward to reading yours. It's great to hear you enjoyed the Allure, I'm sorry your cruise was shortened. Congrats to you too on baby number 3! :)

Great review, will be in Cozumel next March.. I post this message cause I don't want your review to disappear from the message board (I look at your photos over and over)Do you have a website so that I can go and look at your review whenever I want?

Thanks!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews. Looking forward to reading yours. It's great to hear you enjoyed the Allure, I'm sorry your cruise was shortened. Congrats to you too on baby number 3! :)

Have you picked a sailaway spot yet? I'll probably be watching. I remember your husband promised to help you take food photos like the girls did on your last trip. Have a great time, I'll look forward to the review, I only have one request, notice if they are still doing the flash mob thing. My wife loved that and I hope its still around for her enjoyment.

Great review, will be in Cozumel next March.. I post this message cause I don't want your review to disappear from the message board (I look at your photos over and over)Do you have a website so that I can go and look at your review whenever I want?

Thanks!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. You can subscribe to this thread and save it in your list of threads in CC. At the top of the thread, go to "Thread Tools," then select, "Subscribe to this Thread."

In my signature, there's a link to my Travel Blog. The review is there as well.

Happy cruising! :)

Have you picked a sailaway spot yet? I'll probably be watching. I remember your husband promised to help you take food photos like the girls did on your last trip. Have a great time, I'll look forward to the review, I only have one request, notice if they are still doing the flash mob thing. My wife loved that and I hope its still around for her enjoyment.

Hey Bill! We'll probably be on the bridge, deck 14, if it's not too windy. Otherwise we'll be on the public aft balcony, deck 11. DH always helps with the vacation photos, he helped in all the reviews before the Liberty too :). I'll keep an eye out for the flash mob.

Great review. I'm only on page two. Booking the Liberty for November and can't wait to finish reading. Just need to find the time. I am addicted to cruise critic and you can tell by the lack of housework that gets done.

On question: Is the Saturday night fever show done more than once? Is it always the same night? We want to book Portifino for one night and would rather do about 7 or 7:30, but we don't want to miss this show.

Need to do a search and see if there are any compasses for the five night on the Liberty. Do they normally keep the same schedule from the spring??

Sorry, I guess that was more than one question

Great review. I'm only on page two. Booking the Liberty for November and can't wait to finish reading. Just need to find the time. I am addicted to cruise critic and you can tell by the lack of housework that gets done.

On question: Is the Saturday night fever show done more than once? Is it always the same night? We want to book Portifino for one night and would rather do about 7 or 7:30, but we don't want to miss this show.

Need to do a search and see if there are any compasses for the five night on the Liberty. Do they normally keep the same schedule from the spring??

Sorry, I guess that was more than one question

Thank you! I'm addicted to CC too :)

I believe Saturday Night Fever was shown twice on one night, for an early and a late seating. We had dinner first, then went to the late seating. I don't think the show schedules change all that much from season to season.

Enjoy your cruise!

We will be on the Liberty soon for the first time.

A few things I missed and would appreciate your help.

-Do they really remove the towels if you're gone 1/2 hour? Hate to have that happen if I go back to my room for something?

-What night is formal night?

-Most fun bar?

Thanks!

We will be on the Liberty soon for the first time.

A few things I missed and would appreciate your help.

-Do they really remove the towels if you're gone 1/2 hour? Hate to have that happen if I go back to my room for something?

-What night is formal night?

-Most fun bar?

Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review! :)

I don't recall any towels being removed from chairs, then again I wasn't looking for that, and we didn't feel any pressure about leaving our items on the chairs. Rae and I would leave our chairs to enjoy the pool, etc, and I'm not sure how long we were gone. We weren't in the pool for hours on end. We would hang out in the pool, dry off and read our books for a while, then get back into the pool. We made sure our chairs were within eyesight and we would glance at them once in a while, and all was well.

If you need to run to your room to grab something, it shouldn't take you that long to leave and come back. The ship is large, but it's easy to navigate and get from place to place quickly. If you're going to lunch or heading to an activity (in which case you'll probably be away for longer than a half hour), you should take your things with you so someone else can have the seats just for courtesy's sake. We would leave for lunch and come back, and could always find some other seats for our things upon our return. No biggie at all.

Formal night was on the second night. The Compasses I posted list the suggested dress for each night.

We hung out in the Catacombs each night and besides the pool bar, that's the only bar we visited. Of course, the Catacombs were a blast. Depends on your fellow passengers though.

Hope that helps! :)

~Chrystal

Edited by Host Faith