Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Looking down from the St. Tropez Deck, into the Solarium:

IMG_0501.jpg

In the Solarium:

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

The beautiful view from the Deck 12 pool area:

IMG_0506.jpg

Since your taking Hubby on Allure, I'll mention that the Cantilevered hot tubs on Allure have molded seats ideal for couples, not like the wide open seating on the Freedom class ships. Plus they have flat screens showing ESPN.

Hi

Oh wow, I enjoyed to read your trip report and lovely photos of you three ladies... I love your clothes too...

However, I had been Freedom of the Seas for my special birthday last year and I didn't realised how big the cruise was after I had been on Disney Cruise many times...

I remember that spa was very hot as I hardly go in the spa cos too hot I think sun throught the window as it was Eastern Caribbean.

My friend mentioned me that she was so exciting that she is going on Liberty of the Seas next month at Barcelona. I thought what kind of that ship, when I looked it up and didn't realised that it is same size as Freedom!! I didn't know as I thought it was only two Freedom and Indepedence of the seas (sister)?

anyway, thank for your lovely story...

Scottishwee35

Hi

Oh wow, I enjoyed to read your trip report and lovely photos of you three ladies... I love your clothes too...

However, I had been Freedom of the Seas for my special birthday last year and I didn't realised how big the cruise was after I had been on Disney Cruise many times...

I remember that spa was very hot as I hardly go in the spa cos too hot I think sun throught the window as it was Eastern Caribbean.

My friend mentioned me that she was so exciting that she is going on Liberty of the Seas next month at Barcelona. I thought what kind of that ship, when I looked it up and didn't realised that it is same size as Freedom!! I didn't know as I thought it was only two Freedom and Indepedence of the seas (sister)?

anyway, thank for your lovely story...

Scottishwee35

Thank you for the compliments! I really enjoy writing the trip reports. What did you think of the Freedom? Your friend is in for a great cruise :)

Thank you for the compliments! I really enjoy writing the trip reports. What did you think of the Freedom? Your friend is in for a great cruise :)

On first day, I disliked it as it was huge ship, the reason I was sailing with Magic Disney for 4 times and love it...Then I realised Freedom was massive then my husband with kids took me to look around and it turned out that it was a beautiful ship. I like promenade and champagne bar and we booked the balcony which was back of the ship 1700, which we had a huge balcony with two sunbed and table with two chairs. that was nice but it was long walk as I have my bad knee. I had to pack in first morning and don't want forgot things, had to walked back.

On last day, we enjoyed it and my husband love to go back and I asked kids which ship Disney or Freedom.. they said both

Foods was better than Disney, but hand down my favourite ship is Magic Disney.

Now I look back and thinking that Freedom cruise was excellent but huge ship. I think Liberty same as would like try to different ship.

We booked Splendour of the Seas with deaf group and kids was disappointed that it turn out no promenade.

We give a try and I know it is fine size Splendour similar to Magic. as We are going to Venice to sailing out to Crete and Turkey. My husband is looking forward to RC.

Shame that I didn't do trip report for Freedom of the Seas as I have lots of good photos. We went to Eastern Caribbean which was nice.

My brother went to Western Caribbean with Oasis of the Seas and I said oh my god it was a massive ship and he never been on cruise since left school cruise. Turn out He love it and want go back!!

Scottishwee35

Edited by scottishwee35

Oh my Gosh!!!!!!!! It has taken me 3 days to read this review!!!!! This was incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with one of the other posters, there hasn't been much house work done here either. We leave on the Freedom in a few weeks and this review has just made me so excited. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

OMG this is the thread that keeps on giving! Amazing longevity.

Looking forward to your Allure review. Wishing you smooth sails and happy memory making times. All of your past reviews including this one have been exceptional. I'm a fan!

Edited by BonTexasNY

Okay I know I am super late. I just finished reading your review and it was fabulous!!!! You ladies know how to travel. I love all the pictures and the way you use them to tell the story of your vacation. It makes me want to stop procrastinating and read write the review for my last cruise. Your pictures also make me want to head to Fort Lauderdale for Thanksgiving. The Allure is an amazing ship, I know you are going to love it.

On first day, I disliked it as it was huge ship, the reason I was sailing with Magic Disney for 4 times and love it...Then I realised Freedom was massive then my husband with kids took me to look around and it turned out that it was a beautiful ship. I like promenade and champagne bar and we booked the balcony which was back of the ship 1700, which we had a huge balcony with two sunbed and table with two chairs. that was nice but it was long walk as I have my bad knee. I had to pack in first morning and don't want forgot things, had to walked back.

On last day, we enjoyed it and my husband love to go back and I asked kids which ship Disney or Freedom.. they said both

Foods was better than Disney, but hand down my favourite ship is Magic Disney.

Now I look back and thinking that Freedom cruise was excellent but huge ship. I think Liberty same as would like try to different ship.

We booked Splendour of the Seas with deaf group and kids was disappointed that it turn out no promenade.

We give a try and I know it is fine size Splendour similar to Magic. as We are going to Venice to sailing out to Crete and Turkey. My husband is looking forward to RC.

Shame that I didn't do trip report for Freedom of the Seas as I have lots of good photos. We went to Eastern Caribbean which was nice.

My brother went to Western Caribbean with Oasis of the Seas and I said oh my god it was a massive ship and he never been on cruise since left school cruise. Turn out He love it and want go back!!

Scottishwee35

I'm glad you enjoyed the Freedom. I would love for my husband to see a Freedom-class ship, either the Freedom or the Liberty. Though I think he's going to be hooked once we sail the Allure!:)

Oh my Gosh!!!!!!!! It has taken me 3 days to read this review!!!!! This was incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with one of the other posters, there hasn't been much house work done here either. We leave on the Freedom in a few weeks and this review has just made me so excited. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Haha! I'm happy the review got you even more pumped for your cruise on the Freedom! You're fortunate to be able to sail that ship for 7 days. Our day cruise was great, but I would have loved to stay onboard a full week. Have a great cruise!

I am sailing on this ship in Dec 2012 and I really appreciate you taking the time to post the compasses, photo's and trip info. I have been reading this post for hours!!! Thank you!!!

My pleasure! Have an amazing cruise! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions as you plan your vacation. :)

OMG this is the thread that keeps on giving! Amazing longevity.

Looking forward to your Allure review. Wishing you smooth sails and happy memory making times. All of your past reviews including this one have been exceptional. I'm a fan!

Hi Bonnie! Thank you so much! I can't wait to come back and share our cruise with you. This time next week, we'll be at sailaway. So excited! :D

Okay I know I am super late. I just finished reading your review and it was fabulous!!!! You ladies know how to travel. I love all the pictures and the way you use them to tell the story of your vacation. It makes me want to stop procrastinating and read write the review for my last cruise. Your pictures also make me want to head to Fort Lauderdale for Thanksgiving. The Allure is an amazing ship, I know you are going to love it.

Thank you so much! And please do post your cruise review, I'm sure you have some info that would be helpful to people sailing on that same ship. AND we can live vicariously through you while we all wait for our next cruise, lol. Happy cruising to you!

Chrystal,

Another mission for you :o Actually, I wouldn't think of burdening you, but I know this is something you will be doing anyway. I have no doubt you already have Blue Planet in your schedule. When I was preparing to go on Allure I saw a preview of the show and they bring out this rock formation and his has 3 trampolines built into it. One normal one horizontal and two at 45 degree angles. the video had two people doing amazing stunts on the trampoline. On my cruise they pushed it out but never used it. I'm hoping that scene is still part of the show. Blue Planet is great, but I won't go back if they don't have the trampoline in it.

Another quick question from me. We are thinking of doing mr sanche also in November when we do the liberty. We were to Cozumel a couple years ago but can't remember all the travel details. I was thinking there was buses you could take to the different hotels. Is that correct? Or is taxi the best way? Just trying to save a few bucks if possible

Thanks, and congrats on the new little one, is it your first?

Chrystal,

Another mission for you :o Actually, I wouldn't think of burdening you, but I know this is something you will be doing anyway. I have no doubt you already have Blue Planet in your schedule. When I was preparing to go on Allure I saw a preview of the show and they bring out this rock formation and his has 3 trampolines built into it. One normal one horizontal and two at 45 degree angles. the video had two people doing amazing stunts on the trampoline. On my cruise they pushed it out but never used it. I'm hoping that scene is still part of the show. Blue Planet is great, but I won't go back if they don't have the trampoline in it.

Hey Bill,

I'll try to remember, lol!

Another quick question from me. We are thinking of doing mr sanche also in November when we do the liberty. We were to Cozumel a couple years ago but can't remember all the travel details. I was thinking there was buses you could take to the different hotels. Is that correct? Or is taxi the best way? Just trying to save a few bucks if possible

Thanks, and congrats on the new little one, is it your first?

I think a taxi would be your best bet. For the 3 of us, it was $15 one way. I would be sure to ask the price before getting into the taxi though.

Thank you for the congratulations! Yes, this is our first. Can't wait to meet the little one :D

Hello All! Just wanted to reach out and say thank you for all the well-wishes for our cruise this Sunday. We're heading to South Beach tomorrow, and will be boarding the Allure on Sunday. I'll be sure to come back and share a trip report. :)

Happy cruising to all of you!

~Chrystal

Chrystal, one more question if you haven't left yet??

Didn't I read either on this thread or another one, that you rented from budget post cruise??

Did you have to wait long on the shuttle or long st the budget counter once you got there.

Thanks

Sure, no problem! On our way to the airport, lol!

We took a taxi to the airport and rented from there. There was no one at the counter. When we returned, staff members were waiting in the parking deck and we settled the acct right there. They parked the car themselves and we walked to the shuttle area. Shuttle arrived within 10 minutes. Very efficient car rentals at FLL :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. We have a group of about 15 or so that do a 4 day in November every year and this year it is on LOS to Cozumel so your review has been perfect for us. We will be the first LOS cruise with the new menus, so that should be interesting.

Thanks again and happy cruising!

Thank you so much. We have a group of about 15 or so that do a 4 day in November every year and this year it is on LOS to Cozumel so your review has been perfect for us. We will be the first LOS cruise with the new menus, so that should be interesting.

Thanks again and happy cruising!

Wow, a group of 15?! Sounds like you're going to have a great time! I'm looking forward to trying the new menus next week and will report back. happy cruising to you too!:)

~Chrystal

Hello

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your review. You all had FUN!!!! I am looking forward to your Allure review. We went on her in June and had a wonderful time. That was my very first cruise. I thought I would be spoiled and not want to go on any other ship. But I convinced myself to give the Enchantment a try next May. I figure it will be a totally different experience, but fun none the less. Have a happy and safe trip. We will all be anxiously awaiting your return. By the way, Congrats on the future addition to your family. We have a five year old son. It is so amazing knowing that this little "person" was made just for you!!!

Efe'

Hello

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your review. You all had FUN!!!! I am looking forward to your Allure review. We went on her in June and had a wonderful time. That was my very first cruise. I thought I would be spoiled and not want to go on any other ship. But I convinced myself to give the Enchantment a try next May. I figure it will be a totally different experience, but fun none the less. Have a happy and safe trip. We will all be anxiously awaiting your return. By the way, Congrats on the future addition to your family. We have a five year old son. It is so amazing knowing that this little "person" was made just for you!!!

Efe'

Hi Efe'! I'm glad you enjoyed the review- I enjoyed yours too :). I'm glad you had a great first cruise, cruising itself can be addicting, lol. Each ship is different but I can honestly say I haven't had a bad cruise on a RCL ship. Each ship has something unique and special, and if you're with people you love, it's even better. Please come back after your cruise to tell us what you thought about the Enchantment. And thank you so much on the congrats, we can't WAIT to meet our little guy and cruise with him in the future. Looking forward to our cruise this week and the review afterward. I love sharing our trips with all of you!

Happy cruising to you and your family :cool:!

From one Jersey girl to three others, I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed your review and all the pictures. There is no doubt the three of you are true friends and really know how to enjoy one another. That is such a blessing. It's been a few years since I have been on RCCL cruise (have been cruising Celebrity and Holland America) but as of last week's booking my sister (who will be coming down from Jersey), my daughter and I will be on the Liberty November 29th. We have all read your reviews, and after seeing your pictures and descriptions, we are so ready to go. I have been to Cozumel several times, but have a new perspective on what to do there. Sis and I have been on the Freedom and Radiance, but this will be my daughter's first cruise on RCCL. Thanks again for your all your writings. I will be looking forward to more from you. Happy Cruising!

Edited by phinn