Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review! It was awesome!!!!!! We are just back from a cruise on the Freedom and to say we loved it was an understatement. :) What we didn't like was the transportation to and from the airport and I'm sad to say I don't think I'd sail through Port Canaveral again so I'm glad to see that the Liberty seems to be as awesome as the Freedom and I'm looking into booking my next cruise on her just from this review! :) We loved the Freedom class!!!!!

I love that you are so positive and enjoy it so much. That is how we are! We just feel glad that we are on vacation and someone else is taking care of us!

I did find it interesting in your comments on the desserts in the main DR. We love to dress up and go there for dinner and 10 years ago the desserts are what made the whole meal. That was the only comment we had from our cruise was the fact that the desserts are much less then they used to be. I guess I can't complain, though, because my clothes I bought still fit at the end of the cruise! LOL!

Loved all the pictures you posted and wanted to "Thank you" for posting all the pictures you did. I know how much time that can take. I never saw that we had the Dress in your white dinner night so I'm looking forward to taking part in that on her as well!

Have a great time on your next cruise and I'll be waiting for that review as well!

Happy Sails!

Robin

Hi Robin! Thank you so much for your comments. It was our first time sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, and I liked how simple everything was in terms of transportation. You're sure to have a great time on the Liberty if you enjoyed the Freedom. I do wish the desserts were better, but you're right, I would have a lot of trouble fitting my clothes by the end of the cruise if that was the case! I have to come up with a plan for the Allure since we're eating at a lot of specialty restaurants!:eek::D

Happy cruising to you too!

Blessings,

Chrystal

Just wanted to come back again to say I booked Liberty today for our anniversary! So excited that DH agreed to a short cruise as our way of celebrating. This review is what really narrowed it down for me. Thanks so much! I'm sure I'll be reading it many times over the next 7 1/2 months :D

Just wanted to come back again to say I booked Liberty today for our anniversary! So excited that DH agreed to a short cruise as our way of celebrating. This review is what really narrowed it down for me. Thanks so much! I'm sure I'll be reading it many times over the next 7 1/2 months :D

Oh wow! Well Happy Anniversary- 7 months early! :D:D

You two made a great choice! Have an amazing time!

Hey Faith loved your review!! Your hubby's comments was so sweet! But we were on Los Olas last week and Loved Mango's sooo much! However I was so excited I didn't get great pics! so can you e- mail me yours for my scrapbook? Please! you actually got one of our table!! They hubby and I are thinking of the liberty for our anniversary this year so maybe we will see you and Wes!! Loved your dresses you look great all your hard work has paid off well!! :D

Edited by boxermom73

Hey Faith loved your review!! Your hubby's comments was so sweet! But we were on Los Olas last week and Loved Mango's sooo much! However I was so excited I didn't get great pics! so can you e- mail me yours for my scrapbook? Please! you actually got one of our table!! They hubby and I are thinking of the liberty for our anniversary this year so maybe we will see you and Wes!! Loved your dresses you look great all your hard work has paid off well!! :D

Thank you! I can't wait to get back to Mango's, the food was amazing! Can you email me so I can send you the photos from Mango's? I have an email link in my signature.

Great choice on the Liberty for your anniversary! Maybe our paths will cross in Fort Lauderdale, you never know! :D

Thank you! I can't wait to get back to Mango's, the food was amazing! Can you email me so I can send you the photos from Mango's? I have an email link in my signature.

Great choice on the Liberty for your anniversary! Maybe our paths will cross in Fort Lauderdale, you never know! :D

The email link didn't work for me but its pamfairley@yahoo.com Thanks again!

Hi Everyone! I'm well into planning our Allure cruise, can't wait! I've seen people asking how I figured out what to do in Cozumel with our driver, and this thread here on CC was very helpful:

hiring a driver for the day

We booked with them again for our Allure cruise, and this time we're going to spend some time on the other side of the island where it's less inhabited. Ending the day at Mr. Sancho's, and we'll get to spend more time there since our ship stays until 7 PM.

Has anyone been to the Scotchie's in Montego Bay? Any personal experiences there? We've already been to Ocho Rios so we decided to change it up and head to Montego Bay instead.

Great review...I've just spent the last couple of hours reading the entire thing! We sailed on Liberty in 2010 & loved it. We did a 7 day Eastern out of Miami. Looking at all your beautiful pictures brought back lots of great memories. Of course, there was no screen by the pool or cupcake shop then.

I am originally from Cranbury so I know exactly where Plainsboro is. Still have family in Cranbury & Hightstown. My grandfather's farm was sold so they could put exit 8A in. Of course that was way before my time, but my mother points it out when we go by.

On another subject, we used Marva Shaw back in 2007 when we sailed to Ocho Rios on Enchantment. We had a wonderful day with her. No one else booked her so my family of 4 had a private day. After doing Dunns & tubing down a river, she took us to a "local" jerk shack where we got to go orders & then she drove us to Reggae beach. We were almost the only ones there & we sat at a picnic table & ate our lunch while drinking Red Stripes. I would hope Marva is still doing tours & I would think she would drive to Falmouth for you. You will have a great day.

Thanks again for posting your review....helps pass the time until our 10 night Explorer cruise Aug 30 to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Great review...I've just spent the last couple of hours reading the entire thing! We sailed on Liberty in 2010 & loved it. We did a 7 day Eastern out of Miami. Looking at all your beautiful pictures brought back lots of great memories. Of course, there was no screen by the pool or cupcake shop then.

I am originally from Cranbury so I know exactly where Plainsboro is. Still have family in Cranbury & Hightstown. My grandfather's farm was sold so they could put exit 8A in. Of course that was way before my time, but my mother points it out when we go by.

On another subject, we used Marva Shaw back in 2007 when we sailed to Ocho Rios on Enchantment. We had a wonderful day with her. No one else booked her so my family of 4 had a private day. After doing Dunns & tubing down a river, she took us to a "local" jerk shack where we got to go orders & then she drove us to Reggae beach. We were almost the only ones there & we sat at a picnic table & ate our lunch while drinking Red Stripes. I would hope Marva is still doing tours & I would think she would drive to Falmouth for you. You will have a great day.

Thanks again for posting your review....helps pass the time until our 10 night Explorer cruise Aug 30 to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Hi workinmom! Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Such a small world! We're about 10 mins away from 8A.

We're currently booked with Marva, looking forward to our time with her. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise!! :)

Great review!!! I have 2 questions:

I noticed in the Cruise Compass that it said the show "Saturday Night Fever" might not be suitable for kids. Do you remember what exactly was not suitable?

Also loved your idea of writing an email to the dining department with your table request. Did you do that 1 week in advance? Or just a couple days before boarding? Thanks so much for that idea. We are a family of 3 and I would love a table just for us. Last time we requested a table for 4 and we ended up at a huge table with a large family.

Edited by Cheryl H

Great review!!! I have 2 questions:

I noticed in the Cruise Compass that it said the show "Saturday Night Fever" might not be suitable for kids. Do you remember what exactly was not suitable?

Also loved your idea of writing an email to the dining department with your table request. Did you do that 1 week in advance? Or just a couple days before boarding? Thanks so much for that idea. We are a family of 3 and I would love a table just for us. Last time we requested a table for 4 and we ended up at a huge table with a large family.

Hi Cheryl! Thank you!

The Saturday Night Fever show follows the actual 70's movie (with John Travolta) pretty closely. There were adult themes just like in the film (family tensions, racial divides, etc), however I don't recall much inappropriate language. We were surprised at how much content from the movie made it accurately into the show. If you feel that the movie isn't suitable for children, then I wouldn't have them see the show.

I think I emailed RCL dining about 3 weeks before the cruise. Happy cruising! :)

So, it´s all your fault.

Your review has me wound up tighter than a I don´t know how many day clock.

I have to ditto everything everyone said here about how fantastic your review is. Looks like the three of you made some really long lasting memories....a birthday you´ll never forget!

Thanks for taking so much time!

ksmd

Thanks for posting your review and all the great pictures.

My pleasure! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

So, it´s all your fault.

Your review has me wound up tighter than a I don´t know how many day clock.

I have to ditto everything everyone said here about how fantastic your review is. Looks like the three of you made some really long lasting memories....a birthday you´ll never forget!

Thanks for taking so much time!

ksmd

Haha! Thank you so much! That trip was absolutely unforgettable. I was looking through the photos again today and couldn't get over how much fun was packed into less than a week. Can't wait to do that again with the girls. We're looking into a trip to Miami, or a 3-nighter next time.

Hi Cheryl! Thank you!

The Saturday Night Fever show follows the actual 70's movie (with John Travolta) pretty closely. There were adult themes just like in the film (family tensions, racial divides, etc), however I don't recall much inappropriate language. We were surprised at how much content from the movie made it accurately into the show. If you feel that the movie isn't suitable for children, then I wouldn't have them see the show.

I think I emailed RCL dining about 3 weeks before the cruise. Happy cruising! :)

Thank you so much!! I'll have to rent that movie as I don't recall ever seeing it. Thanks so much for the info.

Thank you so much!! I'll have to rent that movie as I don't recall ever seeing it. Thanks so much for the info.

No problem at all! :)

A nice story about Las Olas Boutique: there was really gaudy, sparkly belt (right up my alley) on display in the store. At the time, I had exhausted my cruise budget since we were flying home in a couple hours. I kind of hinted to Rae and Crystal that the belt would be a WONDERFUL gift for my birthday in a joking way, lol. They just kind of brushed it off and laughed saying, "Chrystal, you're just TOO funny" :rolleyes::p

Fast forward to my birthday this month (April 13th). Rae treated me to the spa and lunch in Philly. She had been telling me for a couple days that she had to special order my birthday gift. I was surprised since I wasn't really expecting anything. She hands me the bag at lunch, and inside is one of the boutique's beautiful belts! :eek::D She called them once we got home and had them ship it to her so she could surprise me for my birthday. Such a great friend!

The belt is gold, with lots of rhinestones on the belt itself and on the huge buckle. All I need is a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top, and some cute heels to go with the belt and I'm all set. Maybe I'll wear it on my next cruise....

What great review!!! Thank you soo much for making the past couple days so entertaining for me as I have been stuck to the computer reading your revie ! Hahha. I havent been on this ship and now i want to... I wish i had a group of friends as awssome as yours ro ride along the experience... Shoot, I wish id go cruisin with yall !!! Haha Once again thank you, wonderful pictures... And I am already looking forward to your next review of Allure :D

_ Beatriz.