Royal Princess Deck Plans--here they are!

whatcruiseisnext

Argh! Too many colors! Information overload :(

Looks like some midship balconies are bigger than others. I suppose a few of those will join the ranks of "coveted" cabins, like the aft covered minis are now, on other ships.

Hmmm, no midship full suites.

After a brief scrutiny, I came away with a few observations...

There will be a outside Promenade deck, they've dumped Club Fusion for a Vista Lounge (yea! :)), no nightclub (or is that Princess Live?), disappointed that there are only three pools and none covered, they've split the Lotus Spa from the gym which will have a running track...

She's interesting to say the least! :)

When they originally announced the new ship, they said it would be about 90 percent balcony cabins and all outside rooms would have balconies. There shouldn't be any surprise about no window cabins and not many inside cabins.

When they originally announced the new ship, they said it would be about 90 percent balcony cabins and all outside rooms would have balconies. There shouldn't be any surprise about no window cabins and not many inside cabins.

Knew about no window cabins but must have missed that "90 percent" figure.

I was unable to tell:

Will there be enough room on the Promenade Deck for a full deck chair as opposed to those small chairs and wood benches as on some of the Princess ships?

Will there be a free Sauna and Steam on the gym deck as well as on the Lotus Spa?

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of pool space, but I'm pleased that at least we get 3/4 of a promenade deck.

One thing is difficult to gauge is the scale? My inimitable thoughts are the public areas (dining rooms, theatre) big enough to cope with the passenger numbers? Do we know what the ratios are and how that compares with the generations of grand class ships that we can relate to? There are a *lot* of cabins there!

Even so I'm still excited!!!

Argh! Too many colors! Information overload :(

Looks like some midship balconies are bigger than others. I suppose a few of those will join the ranks of "coveted" cabins, like the aft covered minis are now, on other ships.

I'm not so sure - would you want a cabin that has the Seawalk looking in? I wouldn't want a cabin there on Marina, Riviera, or Aloha anyways.

A closer look reveals that it appears that the outside Promenade deck under the lifeboats is blocked off... so that means that only the small sections forward and mid and the larger aft section are actual open decks...

I'm still at a loss about what the forward "portholes" are for. Those areas are just "white boxes" on the deck plans.

The aft facing Deluxe Balconies have smaller balconies on Aloha, Caribe, and Emerald. I wonder if those ones will be lower priced.

No more aft corner balcony cabins :(

Thanks for the deck plans. Definitely evolutionary and not revolutionary. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

A few things I know I will miss:

- full wrap around promenade deck

- aft pool overlooking the ship's wake

- observation lounge/bar/nightclub

- fitness center next to the spa (saunas/steam)

The rest looks fairly standard. The expanded Sanctuary area looks very nice.

I was very keen on seeing this deck plan, as it's likely this same design will be used for future Carnival Corp. brands. P&O already have a sister on order and I wonder who will be next?

Ernie

I'm still at a loss about what the forward "portholes" are for. Those areas are just "white boxes" on the deck plans.

The aft facing Deluxe Balconies have smaller balconies on Aloha, Caribe, and Emerald. I wonder if those ones will be lower priced.

No more aft corner balcony cabins :(

I think some of those portholes are in those red suites (balconies on the side and a pothole facing forward) ...and other will be senior crew cabins like on most other princess ships.

Looks like all of those aft Deluxes are the same colour, so therefore the same price. Pricing is by colour.

Archived