A few Constellation questions

julie100

I have a question on formal nights, specifically which nights are the formal nights on the 14 day So. Caribbean cruise? We wanted to book a table at Ocean Liners on one of the formal nights, I've looked all over the place and can't find this info.

I have a question on tips, there are four of us in a room, me and my husband and two kids. How does the tipping work - do the kids pay a full tip amount for the 2 weeks?

Thanks!!

The very first Celebrity Today will provide a list of the smart casual and formal nights.

Regarding tips for the kids, quite frankly, just because they may be younger than an adult doesn't mean that they are any less work for the cabin stewards or waiters! Expect the kids to pay the same time amount.

Is this your first cruise? If so I hope you enjoy the cruise as it is an very enjoyable manner to vacation.

I have a question on formal nights, specifically which nights are the formal nights on the 14 day So. Caribbean cruise? We wanted to book a table at Ocean Liners on one of the formal nights, I've looked all over the place and can't find this info.

I have a question on tips, there are four of us in a room, me and my husband and two kids. How does the tipping work - do the kids pay a full tip amount for the 2 weeks?

Thanks!!

Julie:

Most likely two of your formal nights will be day 2 and day 13, the third one could be any night. A good thing to do is check the roll calls of a similiar cruise prior to yours and see when they are but usually the day 2 and 13 are pretty much standard.

As far as tips go, you will be charged on your on-board account for 4 people, they make no distinction with kids. They used to but not anymore.

Julie:

Most likely two of your formal nights will be day 2 and day 13, the third one could be any night. A good thing to do is check the roll calls of a similiar cruise prior to yours and see when they are but usually the day 2 and 13 are pretty much standard.

As far as tips go, you will be charged on your on-board account for 4 people, they make no distinction with kids. They used to but not anymore.

Thanks for the info. That's what I couldn't remember...years ago on the Zenith they charged a bit less for the children. Thanks again

The very first Celebrity Today will provide a list of the smart casual and formal nights.

Regarding tips for the kids, quite frankly, just because they may be younger than an adult doesn't mean that they are any less work for the cabin stewards or waiters! Expect the kids to pay the same time amount.

Is this your first cruise? If so I hope you enjoy the cruise as it is an very enjoyable manner to vacation.

I've been on 6 cruises. Not true. Having two children in a cabin with the parents doesn't equal an additional cabin with two adults. We are still only using one cabin and one bathroom. I'm happy to pay the full tip amount for the four of us, I just needed to know so I can plan.

......years ago on the Zenith they charged a bit less for the children...

Not sure why some places would charge less for children. When our children were little, we went out often, and they were very well behaved. They learned early that any discretions meant we would grab them so fast and whisk them to the car to finish dinner... but I digress. Anyway, we often tipped extra, because no matter how well they behaved, they still took way more work than an adult, and the cost of their meal was low.

On the January 14th sailing the formal nights were the 2nd, 7th, 13th nights.

Thanks!!

When you board the ship just go down to Ocean Liners and they will tell you what nights are formal and you can make your reservations right then and there. They could be full on one night but if you are open to any formal night you should be good.

Laura

Archived