The Pride Hong Kong 14th March

himandi

Did the laundry get fixed yet? We are going on our first Seabourn cruise on the Pride later this year. Is laundry soap provided or is it from vending machines? Is there an iron and ironing board available?

Did the laundry get fixed yet? We are going on our first Seabourn cruise on the Pride later this year. Is laundry soap provided or is it from vending machines? Is there an iron and ironing board available?

Relax,this is your vacation, you are not there to work.There is a perfectly good laundry service onboard.

Yes soap is provided but in my opionion it is rather harsh so I always bring a little single pack of mild detergent in my suitcase just in case I need to run a load.There is an ironing board and iron that you click on in 5 minute increments. They do not provide spray starch. I just found a little travel sized spray pump of starch that I will bring on our next cruise. I like to be wrinkle free and it is so easy to just pop in there every few days to touch up a few garments.I have sent items out to be dry cleaned and them have done a decent job.

Well I was on her last August( along with Stamfordian and his wife) and did not notice anything amiss. I'd be surprised if she could have gone down so dramtically in less than a year but I'll reserve judgement until after our May cruise.

I have to smile, somewhat ironicly at some of the posts. Why on heavens earth do you want to go washing your clothes and ironing. Are you going to clean the windows too....? after you have finished washing up the dishes...!

You are on a luxury cruise on an older, intimate ship. Enjoy it...!!! and stop nagging around. Life on a cruiseship is heaven.

Yes. Life on a cruise ship is heaven. However, we are going to be on the Pride for 58 days plus 22 days on the Maasdam just before it. We can't imagine sending out our dirty laundry every time. We have many consecutive sea days with not a lot of things to do.

Well I for one like to look nice.And further more I do like to have anyone else handling my delicate undergarments. Spending 10- 15 minutes every few days touching up a couple articles of clothing is hardly qualifies as being chained to the laundry room as you seem to intimate.

We cruised on the Pride Jan.18-Feb. 24. I was nervous after reading Caroldoll's posts, but everything in our suite (216) worked perfectly through the entire cruise. The service was as it has been on every seabourn cruise I have taken since 1998. The bed was configured as we requested, the minibar was stocked with our requests, and there was NO rationing of chocolate or toiletries. (We wound up with our usual chocolate pile as we seldom eat any. The food was delicious and the service was fine in the Main Dining room. (We didn't eat much in the Verandah Cafe.) The ship was much as I remembered her from cruises in 2009 and 2010. I saw only two things to criticize. The awning over the jacuzzis was a bit dingy, and there was a little rust on the ceiling light fixtures near the small balcony in our suite. (From guests leaving the door open? I don't know.) We saw no ceiling drips anywhere on the ship. One morning when many people were leaving at once one lady complained that her shower was lukewarm.

I have defended the wine in the past, but I must agree that some of the reds left a lot to be desired. I mentioned this to the hotel manager when we dined at his table. He said he had heard that a lot! On the other hand, the wine staff seemed to know from the beginning that I prefer red!

I celebrated a birthday during the cruise. It was one of the best ever because of all the attention I received--a cake, balloons in the suite, even a serenade during trivia. The maitre d' and sommelier Lena worked with DH to plan a great meal.

This particular itinerary, Singapore to Hong Kong, is usually rough according to the crew. The first few days out of Singapore were fine, but it was choppy for most of the rest of the cruise. If this is a problem for anyone, they should book a suite in the middle of the ship. One poor lady had been sick several times as her suite was near the bow. I don't know if the stabilizers were working. They control rolling, but most of what I felt was pitching, which they don't help.

So, would we go again? We have already booked another. We would even go on the Pride again. She may be old, but we love her. But Caroldoll, we will stay far away from the Owner's Suite.

Glad to see someone else giving Lena kudos -- she is wonderful. She takes a personal interest in the passengers and will work hard to find a wine that suits your taste -- even sometimes pulling an odd bottle or two from the odds bins lot.Hope you she is when we board in May.

Well we are back home and missing The Pride already.

We had our niggles, mostly petty problems, the laundry with a tempremental washer and only one drier working was definitely not ideal and we don't want to send our laundry out - the problem with blocked toilets continued on a regular basis but the guys came and inspected and then went next door and the system then worked again - I agree that you have got to be very careful not to put anything odd - like face wipes or the like down them.

Would we go back - probably - we have actually booked a cruise on The Spirit for next year - my other half found the eating arrangements on the small ships restrictive - but that could have been caused by the huge party of Scandinavians who simply block booked the Sky Bar most evenings - I was more than happy to eat in the MDR as the food was superb, the service good though a number of new staff and these people take time to adjust to the standards of service on Seabourn - we found it hard to keep our wine glasses topped up some nights but overall it was very minor.

We met a number of great fun travelling companions and thoroughly enjoyed their company and yet had lots of time for just the two of us.

Overall a wonderful cruise - and to top it we were usually trailing last or one from the bottom in trivia until the last day and "we rocked" and came in 2nd - we were a small table of 5 unlike the majority who seemed to have well over the recommended 10 players - it was a brilliant result.!!!!

Archived