Wrong charge on Sign and Sail card

goofycruiser

We were on the Paradise a couple of weeks ago. On the last morning we saw our S and S statement. There was an $80. charge for the gift shop that we didn't make. We spoke to someone at the front desk and they said that they would look into it. It is now on our credit card. We have called Carnival and they said that it took time to research this. We can file a dispute with our credit card company but we feel that Carnival should handle this. Anyone else have this problem?

I would immediately call your credit card company! Do not wait for someone who made an error these days to fix it. I think Carnival would, but I would notify the company, tell them you have notified Carnival. It's your money after all. :o

How long did Carnival say it would take to research this? If more than say 10 days would put it on dispute.

If I remmeber correctly they have to go to the company that runs the gift shop and it may take forever.

Had it happen once at one of the bars. Inverted numbers when typing it in. Problem was fixed by next morning.

I always check, mistakes do happen. And when major companies have to follow PROCEDURE it takes some time. It's called CORPORATE AMERICA! LOL

Sometimes I think the good old days were better!

If it has been over 10 days, I would dispute with your credit card also. Can't hurt to have two companies trying to fix the same issue. If Carnival fixes the problem, just notify your CC to cease.

If your CC fixes the issue first, notify Carnival instead.

We were on the Paradise a couple of weeks ago. On the last morning we saw our S and S statement. There was an $80. charge for the gift shop that we didn't make. We spoke to someone at the front desk and they said that they would look into it. It is now on our credit card. We have called Carnival and they said that it took time to research this. We can file a dispute with our credit card company but we feel that Carnival should handle this. Anyone else have this problem?

Filing a dispute doesnt prove a thing in your favor.

ALWAYS get this resolved before you get off the ship. Lesson learned I guess. Next time you will ask to see the signed receipt ... and get it taken care of.

Afterwards, its now he said .. she said.

If it has been over 10 days, I would dispute with your credit card also. Can't hurt to have two companies trying to fix the same issue. If Carnival fixes the problem, just notify your CC to cease.

If your CC fixes the issue first, notify Carnival instead.

Used to be if it was $50 or less we would just write it off .. maybe the amount is now upped that this can be written off.

We had to just say, "the credit will remain on your account" and the card member would incorrectly assume the merchant had been docked .. not that their own credit took a hit. Yes, if you file a dispute, it affects your credit with the cc company. I worked in disputes and can tell you everyone has a value to us even if no one will admit it publically.

We were not allowed to say where the credit came from .. no matter how it got resolved.

Filing a dispute doesnt prove a thing in your favor.

ALWAYS get this resolved before you get off the ship. Lesson learned I guess. Next time you will ask to see the signed receipt ... and get it taken care of.

Afterwards, its now he said .. she said.

Good advise best to get it resolved while on the ship. Quite often they bill me for drinks we did not get and will always call guest services to straighten it out before we leave..

The wrong charge happened late the last night on the ship. We found out about it at 6:30 am and we were told it would be looked into. Because we are Platinum and did self assist we were off the ship by 7:30 am. There wasn't time to do anymore. The problem is that the gift shop is a leased dept. it takes longer to look into it. They can't just erase the charge. It is not like a drink that was wrongly charged. We are working with Carnival and also with American Express to resolve the issue.

Your lucky, I had a $2600 charge on mine, Celebrity said , OK we will take it off, than charged it on my credit card, It took two months to resolve.

Now, I only do CASH accounts . that way, you will be not be let off the ship until your account is balanced 0, and then they allow you to leave the ship. :)

Archived