Purchasing watches on a Cruise Ship

meapya

20 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I purchased a watch, on another cruise line, and it didn't even make it home before it quit working.  Never again!  That's my experience, yours may be different!

Was it an Invicta? Haha! Just curious .....

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 11:19 AM, yogimax said:

My $10 watch is still running.

My husband picks those up to wear out in the yard or when he is doing grunge work.  He had one that lasted for years - no idea how or why it kept running so long.

On 7/12/2022 at 6:58 PM, lenquixote66 said:

No,I do not understand the need to spend money on jewelry .

I was in the jewelry business when I was much younger while I was in high school and university. I bought some nice jewelry and watches (that a student could afford) but I paid very close to wholesale. I don't know what the retail markups are today for jewelry and watches but back in the day they were very healthy markups so paying close to wholesale saved me lots of money. After I left the business and had to start paying retail, I quickly lost the need to spend any more money on jewelry. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vibe said:

Friends don’t let their friends buy Invicta

Either that it's an automatic and they don't know what that means vs a battery Quartz..... My watch guy says that's the number one issue from people that walk in and claim their watch stopped working. I've seen it firsthand in store. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Was it an Invicta? Haha! Just curious .....

I don't remember.  But, it wasn't one of those $10.00 last day of cruise specials, I do remember that.

I buy a lot of stuff from the shops on the Promenade, but jewelry will not be items that I will ever buy on a cruise ship.  

This is a good chance to verify or confirm a rumor I heard a few months ago.  That is that the Cruise Lines, one or all, own, operates or otherwise has an interest in those international jewelry shops you see at just about every Port of Call you see in the Caribbean and some other locations as well.  Anybody know about that?