Another change for Thompson....

Please tell me this isn't this big announcement:

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/03/29/40035/des-oconnor-to-appear-on-thomson-cruise.html

If so what a disappointment!!! Des O'Connor performing on a Celebration cruise! Well thats not modern! :)

Please Thomson that this isn't the up-and-coming announcement!

Well wouldn't that be typical.;)

I told you I hated "announcements" about "announcements" they just get you excited for nothing.

Off to book the Celebration for september;).

It would depend on itinerary for me. Usually when Thomson get a new ship it just goes round the Med. However often good winter cruises, and I like some winter sun.

Yeah, would expect a new and larger ship to do the Western Mediterranean from Palma. A two week cruise from Palma that included the Adriatic would be nice though, but doubt they'd ever do that again - seem to favour the weekly itineraries where they can make more money.

Oh no, not Des O'Connor on the 17th September sailing. We are booked on the Celebration that week. Just our bad luck. I suppose it could be worse:eek:

Us too! lets hope its just for a week so we have a week to recover:rolleyes: I think the A.I will come in very handy for that week:D

So, according to the blog at the start of this thread, we should find out tomorrow what the exciting announcement is regarding 'Modernisation Phase 2'!

MS Maasdam??? Pacific Sun??? Island Escape info??? :confused:

Anyone finds any info tomorrow, don't forget to post! ;)

So, according to the blog at the start of this thread, we should find out tomorrow what the exciting announcement is regarding 'Modernisation Phase 2'!

Have you tried posting on the HAL forum about Maasdam? Might be fun :D

Have you tried posting on the HAL forum about Maasdam? Might be fun :D

I thought about it, but us lot on the Thomson forum don't seem to have a good record at making friends on other forums! :D

May try in a bit, depending on how brave I am! :D

Just so everyone can check tomorrow, this was the blog of the journalist (Jane Archer) who said that she's summoned to a gathering with Thomson tomorrow:

http://blog.cruisingshow.co.uk/

Think I remember a report on Youtube by her when Thomson Dream had her first sailings.

Does seem to coincide with the Island Escape sailing tomorrow ;)

It's the first sailing of this year tomorrow isn't it! :)

What do you think about its future RR? Do you think this is the last year of sailing it, hence why they've done parts of the ship up to sell it on.

They do seem to have spent a lot of Passenger money on it :D

Just don't know? it's one of the best kept secrets going :eek:

I know what you mean, don't seem to be willing to give out any clues at all regarding its sailings after next year. Doesn't look like its doing anything again this winter, after that, who knows...

Hopefully might get some confirmation on it tomorrow. Will be quite a sad day if they do confirm this is its last ever season. Have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Island Escape and have chosen not to sail on it in the past because of mixed reviews, however, it does seem to be popular with those who love it, and its not going to really give people much choice when sailing from Palma. It'll be Thomson, Thomson or Thomson.

It will be a sad day .... I will be 24.gif to see it go... as me and Mrs Rebel Rouser this summer will have been on the old girl 13 times :eek:

Did you ever try Island Star when it was with Island Cruises. If so, how did it compare to Island Escape?

All I have sailed is the Island Escape and other Thomson ones have been forced upon us re Destiny this Christmas and later Autumn Holiday year before last on the Spirit.

Must admit all have there pluses and Minuses but still prefer the Island Escape..just feels more relaxed and comfortable.

All I have sailed is the Island Escape and other Thomson ones have been forced upon us re Destiny this Christmas and later Autumn Holiday year before last on the Spirit.

Must admit all have there pluses and Minuses but still prefer the Island Escape..just feels more relaxed and comfortable.

We'll see what is said tomorrow (if anything that is :)). I wonder if kruzseeka managed to do some snooping when she was onboard? ;)

The only information I ever find is what you lot put on here;).

Loads of response to your other posting. Wouldn't it be nice to get a ship people wanted:D.

I'll be back tomorrow to see what you find out!

The only information I ever find is what you lot put on here;).

Loads of response to your other posting. Wouldn't it be nice to get a ship people wanted:D.

I'll be back tomorrow to see what you find out!

Lots of people on the HAL forum it seems! None of them seem to want Maasdam to leave their fleet so it seems to be a good ship. Would make a difference compared to the response that Majesty got! Would be a great ship, but got the feeling that this isn't going to happen. :(

Will be up tomorrow morning early to see if I can find any info. Will post as soon as I see anything. :D

Getting excited!! Hope its some good news! :D

Me too WoolyBully!!! :D

Hope this news is worth it and isn't a big dissapointment, though this time there doesn't seem to be any clues or rumours online, unlike there was with Majesty over a month before it was announced.

Those on the HAL forum definitely believe that there is something strange going on with Maasdam as usually, all itineraries are released together and have been released now for some time, leading them to believe that Maasdam might be moving on. Lets all hope it's being chartered to us!! :D

Archived