Trays in Windjammer Buffet on Enchantment?

Another problem is the drinks used to tip over on trays. Carnival still uses trays -- at least as of last May on the Conquest. The drink glasses were not nearly as tall, and a little wider -- probably to avoid tipping over. I'm OK with no trays.

I did not like when they did away with trays several years ago. As a result, I now take two set of silverware so I have a place to butter my bread, without laying it on the table, which may or may not be very clean. I did happen to cruise on a Carnival ship, which seems to be still providing trays, and they made it a very point that trays are provided for sanitary reasons.

No more trays on Carnival.....

I will chime in here. I do miss the trays, very much. Not having trays are especially an inconvenience for solo travelers.

I drink a lot of water, and I simply cannot carry a plate of food and two glasses of water. (Silverware in the pocket was a quickly-learned trick!) Having someone roaming your area asking if you want refills is hit or miss. Leaving your table mid-meal to get more water or ::gasp:: a fresh dessert and a carton of milk from the salad bar is an unacceptable risk. Even when I have told the nearby waiter that I am returning, the other roaming workers or supervisors are quick to clear the table. It is very frustrating to have your half-finished meal cleared, or to have to find a new table just to have your dessert.

I wish they would come up with a system for single travelers to indicate that they are not done... like a card or something similar to the "do not disturb" cards for the door lock slots.

Hmm... maybe I should print a few very brightly colored 5x7 cards that say, "I am RETURNING, DO NOT clear the table!" :)

Theron

I will chime in here. I do miss the trays, very much. Not having trays are especially an inconvenience for solo travelers.

I drink a lot of water, and I simply cannot carry a plate of food and two glasses of water. (Silverware in the pocket was a quickly-learned trick!) Having someone roaming your area asking if you want refills is hit or miss. Leaving your table mid-meal to get more water or ::gasp:: a fresh dessert and a carton of milk from the salad bar is an unacceptable risk. Even when I have told the nearby waiter that I am returning, the other roaming workers or supervisors are quick to clear the table. It is very frustrating to have your half-finished meal cleared, or to have to find a new table just to have your dessert.

I wish they would come up with a system for single travelers to indicate that they are not done... like a card or something similar to the "do not disturb" cards for the door lock slots.

Hmm... maybe I should print a few very brightly colored 5x7 cards that say, "I am RETURNING, DO NOT clear the table!" :)

Theron

Easy solve, just leave your book,sunglasses etc near your plate when you go to get another drink or dessert!;)

Easy solve, just leave your book,sunglasses etc near your plate when you go to get another drink or dessert!;)

Perhaps... but I don't generally carry anything around with me that I am willing to risk walking away while I leave it unattended. :(

I suppose I could think of something to carry just for that purpose, but it would have to be very light, I don't like carrying stuff around for no real reason.

Theron

:confused:Hi,

We're sailing on the Enchantment on May 3rd. Can anyone tell me if they still provide trays to put your plates on in the Windjammer Buffet?

The last cruise we did on HAL, 6 months ago, had no trays, and I was wondering whether this is a new trend. I found it difficult to hold napkin/silverware and more than one plate. It seemed inconvenient to keep going up for beverage, other items, etc. when a tray would have helped manage everything!

Thanks for any info.

Nikki

Yes, there's trays on Enchantment in the Windjammer Buffet. And yes I noticed that too that HAL had no trays.

But if u have a disability, like with a wheelchair, you can see what is up there on the line. The last time I atin Winjamers, everything else was close, because we were in port.A youg man tried to hepe me but if you can't see what they have, you don't know what you want. I just had a salad because it was easiest

Oh my....having to walk an extra 50 feet to go back and get your drinks and silverware....how can anyone live under such circumstances? It's absolutely insane that anyone should have to do such a horrible, horrible thing! What are they thinking?

Oh my....having to walk an extra 50 feet to go back and get your drinks and silverware....how can anyone live under such circumstances? It's absolutely insane that anyone should have to do such a horrible, horrible thing! What are they thinking?

Feel better? Why would you make such a comment? :(

Kind of like the complete MORONS in parking lots that will hold up traffic for 10 minutes waiting for the one parking spot that is 12 feet closer than the next empty one! Same people that will drive around the lot for 15 minutes hoping to snag that one spot closest to the door. I can sort of understand on a bad weather day, but when it's sunny and beautiful? What able-bodied person would not enjoy the few extra seconds in the fresh air! I think that we, as a society in general, have become so lazy. We get irritated when an appliance doesn't have a remote control and we can't pause or rewind live TV! There is just such a lack of motivation or effort anymore....quite sad, really:(

Feel better? Why would you make such a comment? :(

Not trying to start an argument here, but why are so many people so %@&*ing lazy anymore? BTW, my parking lot comment DOES NOT APPLY to those with disabilities, etc. - I was simply referring to the lazy SOB's out there!

You've obviously never had your table cleared before you were done eating. And yeah, I'll be picky here, sometimes the food in the Windjammer is not piping hot to start with, when you take an extra 3 to 5 minutes to fight the crowds to finish assembling what you would like to eat, warm becomes more like room temperature... IF it's still there when you get back.

Theron

You've obviously never had your table cleared before you were done eating. And yeah, I'll be picky here, sometimes the food in the Windjammer is not piping hot to start with, when you take an extra 3 to 5 minutes to fight the crowds to finish assembling what you would like to eat, warm becomes more like room temperature... IF it's still there when you get back.

Theron

Try Carnival - their buffet food is almost always cold....lukewarm if you're really lucky!

Not trying to start an argument here, but why are so many people so %@&*ing lazy anymore? BTW, my parking lot comment DOES NOT APPLY to those with disabilities, etc. - I was simply referring to the lazy SOB's out there!

Agree, quite a few lazy people out there and i'm not even going to mention how you spot them on board :p

Archived