Beach Towels

Hobartsparents

It's been a few years since we've sailed in the Caribbean and I'm trying to remember if I have taken beach towels or not. I know the ship provides towels for you to take ashore but I can't remember if they are big enough to use if you don't have a beach chair? I don't remember having to wash sandy towels but know I could if necessary on the Maasdam.

Susan and Neil

We did some beach stops on HAL in Nov and good sized blue towels were always available as we got off the ship and returned to a large laundry bin upon reboarding.

It's been a few years since we've sailed in the Caribbean and I'm trying to remember if I have taken beach towels or not. I know the ship provides towels for you to take ashore but I can't remember if they are big enough to use if you don't have a beach chair? I don't remember having to wash sandy towels but know I could if necessary on the Maasdam.

Susan and Neil

Some inconsistency with the cabin numbers. they asked for ours but didn't ask fellow cc'ers right behind me:rolleyes: You can take more than one towel if you like, so I see no need to bring your own:)

They asked room numbers on Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 19-26. One day getting back on board there was no-one taking down numbers for returned towels, we gave our numbers to a crew member just past security and he scribbled it on his hand someone :eek: It must have worked, we weren't charged anything. :)

I believe the towels are the same size as the pool towels on board, beach towels are light blue and the pool towels are dark blue.

on Maasdam in Feb, they asked for cabin numbers, which naturally slowed down getting off the ship .. then when we returned, no one asked for cabin numbers the first couple times .. but later in the cruise (14 days), they did ... not sure what to make if it, but it is not customer-friendly .. especially when one inspects the towels we got .. they ALWAYS were stained and ugly ... somewhat worn .. which is not a problem as long as they dont treat them as gold at our (timewise) expense.

harry

Archived