"Convertible" cocktail dress

NoobCruise

I just bought this dress. I saw something like this on David Turtura's Wedding show. It works great for different body types. Great options! and it looks really comfortable! Comfie's good :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-Convertible-V-Neck-One-Shoulder-Open-Back-Ruched-Evening-Dress-/270860085757?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&var=&hash=item3f1084e9fd#ht_4252wt_1038

I'm not sure, I'll have to try the different styles on and see what looks best. I bought it in the blue. I'll probably go with this one:

Ok, I need some help figuring out a bra for this dress since the back is so open. I don't know if I can post these links here but I really am after advice. Do any of you have experience with these style and would you recommend one over the others? or any other suggestions that will support without being visible.

invisible self adhesive

http://www.gigaweb.com/products/view/39224/floral-invisible-bra-3-pack-black.html

invisible self adhesive bra

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00TMEtNiRPgycs/Silicone-Bra-Invisible-Bras-Self-Adhesive-Bras.jpg

or this with straps

http://www.dinodirect.com/wholesale-bra-lady-invisible-silicone.html

I have a set like the second link. You can wear it hooked in the middle or leave separated. Since I've only worn mine a few times thus far, can't say how long the adhesive will last. Having said that, I love mine.

The various styles of the dress are really pretty, and it's nice to have choices, but I have a feeling I'd have severe problems actually getting it to look like that--I'm not too fond of how the back looks on any of them either. I think it might take help to get it draped right. Interesting concept, though.

Good luck on finding a bra that works! I have no advice as I can't even find a strapless bra that works for me.

I can't suggest any and I admire that you only need some glue... I've got some jiggles in the back midsection that I am not in love with!

I think that half the fun that you will have is coming up with the style you want to wear and reproducing it. But you can't go wrong... unless it unravels, and that won't happen.

You go OP!;)

I have a convertible dress. I bought this year from avon of all places. I am having a hard time making it work and fit right while trying the styles. It is not as easy as they make it look

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?level1_id=300&level2_id=584&pdept_id=372&dept_id=648&pf_id=43777

I saw that dress too. It's really cute. Did you find that the dress runs to the large size ?? Just wondering, because I just ordered a cute pair of shoes from them and had to return them for a whole size smaller. Wonder if their clothing runs big as well.

:)

I saw that dress too. It's really cute. Did you find that the dress runs to the large size ?? Just wondering, because I just ordered a cute pair of shoes from them and had to return them for a whole size smaller. Wonder if their clothing runs big as well.

:)

I wear 16w-18w and got a xl and it fit well. But it is not easy to use. It is like origami

I wear 16w-18w and got a xl and it fit well. But it is not easy to use. It is like origami

Thanks. They still have your dress in one of the recent Avon catalogs that I have. It really is a cute dress but I'm not too sure if I'd want to learn to do "origami" :D I may consider it though.

Appreciate the info.

Cari

http://www.walmart.com/ip/goddess-convertible-dress/19411363

I got this one and I love it. Have played with it a few times. I'm not super big chested and since the fabric is thicker, plus i plan on wearing a sweater w/ it cause i'm always cold, I don't know that i'll worry so much w/ a bra.

and I did find some informational videos on YouTube for how to do the different "designs" with it

My dress just arrived and I love love love it! The blue is just stunning! Tried it on and love it! The material is soft, comfie and stretchy. The origami instructions are easy to follow and the material easy to move around. The ruched skirt really slims you down and you can adjust length from mini to below knee.

I'm not a perfect body - I'm on Nutrisystem and have lost 20 lbs with about 15 more to go. 5'6" and currently size 10 but ideal is size 8. I have more of a square shape, not a thin waist, but this dress is very flattering. I think it would be flattering even on a heavier figure. The ruching is great to hide those little rolls and imperfections and it just slims your look down....and it's stretchy comfy! Also the material is stretchy enough you can cover up your back if you want.

I definitely have to deal with the bra issue though. The Alaskan cold will show so I'm gonna have to cover them up lol

Archived