Front, Middle or Back?

ladyj3641

Well, I've only ever had rooms in the middle of the ship but now (since we added a person to our booking) we've been moved from the middle to the front.

Is the movement more noticeable at the front or am I worrying about nothing??

It depends on how high up you are and what ship you are on. If you're on Deck 11 on a Fantasy class in the front, I can tell you from experience that yes, you will feel more motion... the larger the ship and the lower deck you are on, the less of an effect you will feel.

I like the front of the ship, lower decks..

Reasons:

Pros:

Less foot traffic only people who go there are going to be going to their rooms. ( mid ship every one walks by)

Closer to doors getting off ship or for tendering Just down the stairs...

Up a flight of steps or 2 and your right by the theather..

Cons:

Far away from food ( but the walk will help you lose it);)

Just a side note: I've been both aft and front and the only time I felt like I was gonna die being sick was in my rear window aft cabin.. :o

Just have fun and dont thinking about getting sick.. Mind over matter....:rolleyes:

-Debbi

Well, I've only ever had rooms in the middle of the ship but now (since we added a person to our booking) we've been moved from the middle to the front.

Short answer - yes it is much more noticeable in the front and in the back. Think of a see - saw , what moves more, the ends where you sit, or the middle where the board pivots up and down.

All the way front will have more motion. I've been near forward elevators (deck 8 on the Glory), but not all the way forward and the motion was not bad at all there. However, I did do laundry in the 'all the way' forward laundry room on deck 7 of the Fascination and REALLY felt the movement there...even had trouble walking down the hallway there. The ship was moving pretty fast, though, and I tend to feel the motion when the ship is hauling butt.

The movement is more noticeable in both the front and back, as others have stated. I'm not sure why it is better to be lower, but this tends to be true (in my experience). Not a physics major.....

My DH was in the Navy- he says the answer is yes...the movement is more noticeable foward or aft of the ship and on higher decks. Now, will it be unbearable to the point of making you feel sick? I guess only you will know that- but there are plenty of meds you can take (some Rx and some OTC) to help allieviate some of that feeling...

Don't worry too much about it- any cabin is better than being at work, right? LOL!! Enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived