Which one do you like more? Time at sea or time in port

Sea or port?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Sea or port?

• Time at sea
    • Time in port

I like sea days, but like the ports too, if we're not on a cruise where that's all we do. I love visiting new places, but like to have down time, so a mixture is nice. I really like having 2-3 sea days in a row. Talk about relaxing! Plus it gives us time to get to know our fellow passengers. That's fun. We do pick cruises where we get to visit new places.

Garry

To me it depends on the itinerary (Caribbean, Europe, Alaska). But our last few cruises have been to the Caribbean and we always treasure the sea days more including the 3 in a row that we enjoyed on the Horizon because Grand Cayman was scratched at the last minute on our itinerary.

If you have cruised to the same places alot I would say sea days.Now that we have started to expand our cruising horizon I would have to say port days.From what I have heard I won't be doing too much sun bathing on our Scandinavian /Russian cruise this June.

You did not have my selection up there. I like both. I perfer having a sea day at begining an end but I also like one in the middle to break up the ports. My perfect cruise would be first port, sea, port, sea, port, port, sea, port, sea, home. One ofthose ports can be a private island or one that has a clean beach near by.

My next cruise is sea x5 port x5 sea x4. I wish we could over night in a port in Hawaii.

We stayed on the ship when we were in St. Martin in December. The Century did two days at sea, four days in ports, and two days at sea. St. Martin was our third port day--and we enjoyed staying on the ship while it was uncrowded.

The thing about port days is that frequently I feel like there's not enough time. The Century had a great schedule for the holiday cruise. We arrived in San Juan in the morning and left late that night, and we had full days in St. Thomas, St. Martin, and St. Kitts. I think they should schedule at least nine hours in each port.

It really depends on the itiniery. If for example we are in Alaska I do like port days, but if you are on a cruise where it is port intensive I agree with Druke in that it can be tiring so staying on the ship and just relaxing is great too.

Marilyn

If you have cruised to the same places alot I would say sea days.Now that we have started to expand our cruising horizon I would have to say port days.From what I have heard I won't be doing too much sun bathing on our Scandinavian /Russian cruise this June.

We have been there in June and the weather was great,albeit a little cooler at night.

We have been there in June and the weather was great,albeit a little cooler at night.

I sure do hope so, I am used to 90 degree weather in June so 50-60 is quit cool for me.No matter what the weather DH and I will be off the ship exploring and taking in as much as possible.

My first inclination was to say "Days at Sea", but only if the itinerary is one that I have traveled before. New places, new ports are wonderful...but if I was to pick a priority for my life...relaxation, quiet spaces, leisurely chatter with friends...you get the picture.

My ideal cruise would be a Transatlantic crossing Eastbound, a European cruise with half port/half sea days, follow by a Transatlantic crossing westbound!:D

And since we're talking about the total realm of fantasy here, how about following that with a Panama Canal cruise that dumps me off in San Francisco!

Hate that jet lag after a cruise!

I didn't vote because I really enjoy both. I try to stay away from the "Port a day" cruises, because I do enjoy the sea days for relaxing, but I do like exploring the ports the ship stops at. Once or twice I've stayed on the ship, but it's not something I usually do.

Terri

Archived