Sanctuary & Disembarking Info

ottawa24

Just got off the Ruby and wanted to pass this info on, so others would not be disappointed.

If you are interested in the Sanctuary, make sure you are among the very first to board.Do not go to your room. Do not eat, go directly to the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary was filled the first 1/2 hr after embarking began. If you wanted 1/2 day or whole day passes you had to be there by 7:15a.m. the day you wanted it.

Regarding Disembarking, if you want to do the "walk-off" sign up asap. They only allow 500. We tried to be 501 and it was a no-go.

Happy Cruising.

I'm new to all this, so forgive the stupid question, but what's a "walk off" for disembarkation?

You are the first group to leave the ship. However, you have to be able to carry off all your luggage at the same time. It is not practical for people with multiple bags, although I have seen many people struggling to do so and slowing down everyone else behind them.

Thanks for passing on the info.

We always carry off our own bags and don't sign up for "walk off". We go right to the airport and I'm not ready at night to hand over all my stuff or sit on the floor at the airport and repack the items I needed in the morning. We carry a backback and one suitcase that we are able to carry very easily down the stairs and have never used the elevator. No one has ever questioned us about our suitcase and we don't want to be the first off the ship.

... If you wanted 1/2 day or whole day passes you had to be there by 7:15a.m. the day you wanted it.

Were they allowing booking for the entire cruise? Or maybe several days in advance? If we have to be there before 7:15 a.m., probably won't happen.:(

Rush to be the first one on,

Rush to be the first one off.

Sounds like fun.

Probably forgot what they learned in the service where it is last in first off. :D

Archived