Princess Drinks Package - charges

Hi Everybody,

We are fairly new to cruising and looking at alternatives.

Looking on the Princess web site I can't find any information on drinks packages you can purchase before you cruise like on the Celebrity web site.

Can you seasoned Princess cruises point me in the right direction or explain the drink package options on Princess please.

Regards

Geoff C

Nr Cambridge

UK

Hi Everybody,

Looking on the Princess web site I can't find any information on drinks packages you can purchase before you cruise like on the Celebrity web site.

Can you seasoned Princess cruises point me in the right direction or explain the drink package options on Princess please.

Regards

Geoff C

Nr Cambridge

UK

As far as I know, Princess does not have the 'all inclusive' type of drink package that Celebrity offers. If you enjoy virgin drinks, including milk shakes, and Coke products, then you can go for the (silly name!) Ultimate Kid's Package which runs around $9 USD per day, I think. Some passengers have been known to take their own spirits, such as Bailey's Irish Cream on board, and mix it with their Vanilla Milk Shake! YUMMM!

Princess also offers a small discount on wine packages. You have to agree to buy a certain # of bottles (I don't believe that Princess offers a package for wine by the glass) at a discounted price.

Also, Princess is fairly lenient on bringing your own wine on board. For the most part, they don't seem to enforce the one bottle per passenger rule (there are several threads re: this topic). If you want to take your bottle of vino to the dining room, then you simply pay a small corkage fee.

Hope this helps!

Angie in San Diego:)

We took advantage of the new wine package on our recent cruise on the Golden. As someone has already said you need to sign up to 5/7/10/12 bottles and there are two different tiers - Silver and Gold. We took the 10 bottle Gold package which cost us $290 plus the 15% gratuity ($330.50) but for that could select wine up to the value of $45 so in reality could drink wine to the value of $517.50. The 10 bottle Silver package is $210 - select bottles to value of $29. There is another thread about this but cannot find it at the moment. We found that the package wasn't well publicised - I think there may have been someone you could ask in the MDR on embarkation - we just asked the waiter on the first night.

Wish I could help you. I will be sailing the star in June. I for one think that Princess's website is horrible. I wish they would update it. It has no information.

Hopefully someone can help you.

I can find anything I look for, so that means you're not searching correctly. What information can't you find?

Princess doesn't have drink packages for things like mixed drinks. However, I think their prices are very good. They are better than I pay in Southern California. If you are used to Celebrity's packages I have read a few threads that say Princess prices are still better than what you get with Celebrity's packages. I think this is taking in consideration of drink size, etc. I really think you will find the prices really aren't that bad.

Wish they had a better selection for their beer package.

Becks

Coors Lite (really)

Dos Equis

MGD & Miller Lite (gives me headaches)

Do they still have Bud/Bud Light (not that they are great)

I really wish they had somehting better to offer.

Hi Everybody,

Regards

Geoff C

Nr Cambridge

UK

Princess doesn't sell drink packages per se. They sell a package of some many bottle of wine , spirits or soft drinks (Pop) . You can buy a soft drink package on board (Approx 10$USD/day). Also the wine package will on sale as well/.

We are doing the Crown Princess and on the site under 'other casual dining options' it lists Unlimited Soda packages $4.50 per day

Unlimited Soda & more $7.00

& Cafe Selects Coffee card 15/$29

Hope that helps you out.

Someone asked about Bud Light. They had it on our recent Ruby cruise. They also sell buckets of beer. If you buy a cerain number of bottles, they give you one free, I think. We don't drink much beer, so I don't remember what the cost was. IMHO, their drinks prices aren't bad. They are a bit less than Celebrity, at least in my experience, and also less, I think, than what we paid on Carnival.

Ohiodoglover

Archived