Paid Upgrade worth it???

CondoDiva

I have an offer to upgrade from a J to a V for $200 per person ($400) on the Eurodam.... Is it worth it...... My son will have to sleep on the sofa bed instead of a pull down bed.... but there is a Verandah!! Decisions Decisions

What would you do????:confused:

I have an offer to upgrade from a J to a V for $200 per person ($400) on the Eurodam.... Is it worth it...... My son will have to sleep on the sofa bed instead of a pull down bed.... but there is a Verandah!! Decisions Decisions

What would you do????:confused:

I would take it..........

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Why did you purchase the J to begin with? Price? Size? Location? If it was price, what do you need (if anything) to give up to spend the extra $400? If it was size, will the balcony offset the smaller cabin? If it was location, why was that important and what do you know about the upsell location?

Your second question was what would I do. In a heartbeat, I'd take the balcony. We actually spend a lot of time on our verandah. It's like an extra room and gives us each a little more privacy. To me, there's nothing finer than a cup of coffee, in my robe, watching the sea go by.

But it truly is not a one size fits all decision. Good luck, and have a great cruise

To me it would depend on how long the cruise is and whether you mean it would be to a deck 8 V or a generic Vx that could be a VE or lower. For a 1-week cruise in a VF, I would spend the $400 elsewhere.

do not do it... a J has almost 300 sq ft, twice the usable size of a veranda cabin. A huge living area, wonderful location ( main deck) large bathroom, more closet and drawer space.

Holland did this to me as a freebe once, to entice me I guess for the future, we spent one week in a J ( 1056) and the next in a veranda.. The veranda is a way smaller cabin, and felt cramped, plus its location was not good... far from everything... we begged to go back to our J...

The J is an inside suite it has a large L shaped sofa that can seat 4 and the TV is on a swivel.. the veranda is not. The veranda "sofa" is tiny... like not much bigger than a chair...

do not do it... a J has almost 300 sq ft, twice the usable size of a veranda cabin.

Although this is true as far as it goes, it is not true in all cases.

The J-cat cabins on Main Deck are large. But the J-cat cabins elsewhere are very, very small.

Where is your J-cat cabin located? If not on Main Deck, you will get a lot more cabin, and that porch, too! :D, by taking the upsell.

I have an offer to upgrade from a J to a V for $200 per person ($400) on the Eurodam.... Is it worth it......
If you're talking about an upgrade to a "verandah guarantee" then you could get stuck with a VT cabin with a TINY balcony. Definitely not worth paying $400 more to get that! :eek:

If you're talking about an upgrade to a "verandah guarantee" then you could get stuck with a VT cabin with a TINY balcony. Definitely not worth paying $400 more to get that! :eek:

That's true. If it is a V cabin I'd snap it up.

It's definitely worth it - but it's probably gone now if you didn't respond to the offer promptly...

You've got that right. I was on the phone with HAL before the whole .pdf was loaded onto my screen today:D Took the upgrade from a "B" to an "S" on the Veendam. (After wife approval, of course;))

Woo Hooo!!!!!!!!:D

We decided on the upgrade!!! We are now officially in V8095, upgraded from J on main deck!!! $398 well spent!!!

Thank y'all for your input....We are so happy with the upgrade:D

Well I guess I made the change just in time!!!

I called this morning right when they opened to make the change and this afternoon I was just looking to see if our old room was gone and I received the message....Sorry this cruise is full!!!!

So happy we have our balcony:)

Archived