What would you do?

hannahsmomtoo

Sunday - I was going to book the Steakhouse for our first night... ( my bday ) BUT.. I do not want my 13 year old to miss the Circle C "meet and greet"...

Monday - Elegant night.. so that's out

Tuesday Cabo.. no excursion

Wednesday Cabo - excursion noon to 1:30 and then we will reboard

Thurs - PV

Friday Elegant night .. so that's out

Saturday - Day at sea

When would YOU book the steakhouse?

:confused:

I generally like a sea day - so much time to relax and get ready. But at Cabo - you aren't doing an excursion so will be nice and relaxed. Make sure to order the Chocolate sampler if you are a chocoholic - it is awesome. I love the lamb but the surf and turf is also good. Make sure NOT to eat or snack for about 2 to 3 hours before you go as there is sooooo much food. I am jealous - my mouth is watering right now. Or is could be the sweet and sour pork I have in the slow cooker right now - NOT

Ooohh.. how would I see this? And is it always the same? We don't sail for 6 months...

I believe the site is zydecocruiser.net, then click carnival menus and there you will find the 7 day menus as well as many others, courtesy of Sgt Schultz. Yes, they are always the same:)

Wife and I have only been to the steakhouse 3 times, each time on...gasp gasp!!....elegant nights.....reservations were easier, got exactly the tables we wanted at exactly the time we wanted....less crowded....is nice dining quietly/almost privately in the steakhouse during sunset..at least that's how it's been for us.....kinda feel those "elegant nights" are "overdone"...but thats just us.....

I'd second the reservation on Tuesday (3rd Night) if you can book it and at 6months til sailing you should be able get your requested time. Second choice is 4th night (where you sail away early from Cabo, so plenty of time to get ready) Menu on normal 4th nights is a bit better than night 3 for me ( smoked duck and carmelized oranges starter and bitter n blanc for dessert) but we're doing 4th night on up coming cruise because we could only get a late reservation on the 3rd night. So maybe get a second choice if eating time is important. Remember it's at least 2 hours, up to 3 for the steak house.

The BF and I liked doing the Steakhouse right smack in the middle of our cruise! I have to admit, we do not plan ANYTHING for our cruise. All we had plan was to relax, take our time doing things, go to the beach, and be a bit gluttonous. I'm proud to say we did! The Steakhouse was definitely a high point in our trip. There is nothing quite like feeling like you are at an over the top fancy resturant that you swear will cost you a few large bills. :D

The BF and I liked doing the Steakhouse right smack in the middle of our cruise! I have to admit, we do not plan ANYTHING for our cruise. All we had plan was to relax, take our time doing things, go to the beach, and be a bit gluttonous. I'm proud to say we did! The Steakhouse was definitely a high point in our trip. There is nothing quite like feeling like you are at an over the top fancy resturant that you swear will cost you a few large bills. :D

Hooray I am so excited ! It will be my daughter's ( 13 ) first time somewhere "fancy" lol

Sunday - I was going to book the Steakhouse for our first night... ( my bday ) BUT.. I do not want my 13 year old to miss the Circle C "meet and greet"...

Monday - Elegant night.. so that's out

Tuesday Cabo.. no excursion

Wednesday Cabo - excursion noon to 1:30 and then we will reboard

Thurs - PV

Friday Elegant night .. so that's out

Saturday - Day at sea

When would YOU book the steakhouse?

:confused:

Tuesday...that's when I booked because the menu that day is the least appealing to me. Can't miss the creme brulee on Sun, or the bitter n blanc on Wed, or the amaretto cake on Fri, or the grand marnier souffle on Sat. And can't miss elegant nights in the MDR (Mon and Fri which are also wcmc nights for me).

I'd go with Tuesday. You can still go out and explore, then come back onboard, relax, then get ready for dinner.

I made our Steakhouse reservation for Tuesday as well. Figured we'd hang out at Medano Beach in Cabo relaxing, jet skiing etc. Then back 'home' to shower, then dine at 7:00pm. :)

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/Menus_D_1-7.htm

Here is the link to the menus

~Tammi

EDIT: Here is the link to Carnival site with menus that are up to date

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DinnerDesserts_master.html

zydecocruiser also has the updated menu with pictures here: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new_11_11/index.htm

Also, here's the link where you can find all the latest menus (including steakhouse menu): http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

Hooray I am so excited ! It will be my daughter's ( 13 ) first time somewhere "fancy" lol

can your daughter hang with the big dawgs with that meal??

Its a long drawn out affair. (not many kids will be on your sailing so that may be a good thing for that dinner)

Book day 3 and 4 and you can cancel once you see the menus for that night...this way you know you have the spot you want and by cancelling you will free it up for walk ins, don't just not show up though...

Archived