Cabana - Nellies Beach (booking not avail RCL site)

kazda

Just looking at making a reservation for a Labadee Nellies Beach Cabana Over Water for August 2012 and it says 'inquire onboard' (there is not even an option to choose hillside)

Thought I was making this booking early, but seems that's not the case.

I read that RCL hold some cabanas for onboard bookings, so.... has anybody had any luck booking a cabana onboard when its not available to book online ???

Should I get my hopes up or not ?

Just looking at making a reservation for a Labadee Nellies Beach Cabana Over Water for August 2012 and it says 'inquire onboard' (there is not even an option to choose hillside)

I read that RCL hold some cabanas for onboard bookings, so.... has anybody had any luck booking a cabana onboard when its not available to book online ???

That's exactly what happened to us. I went to the Explorations desk after we boarded and were told that they were still available, but their system wasn't permitting people to place orders for excursions, so I couldn't get one then.

I then got directed over to the Concierge to get on the waiting list for one of the Barefoot Beach Club (suite guests) cabanas. I got very lucky to get one there as they are normally given in priority of Crown & Anchor status, and I'm merely Platinum.

I did inquire a bit later about the Nellie's Beach cabanas, and they were gone already, a few hours after we had boarded.

So, I'd suggest that if you're interested in getting one, go to the Explorations counter as soon as it's open after you've boarded and ask right away.

Does it say that on the excursion page or when you try to book it?

I just checked your sailing date and both hillside and over the water cabanas are showing.

You have to go to the Labadee excursion page to book it. It is $200 for a over the water cabana and $175 for the hillside cabana and holds up to 6 people. You are still 5 months away so you may not be able to book yet due to being to far out. I would try back every couple weeks or so.

There are not very many of them so they go fast, I got my Hillside (umm maybe 6 months out) then the entire excursion disappeared completely. The Over the water is still showing but says inquire onboard. They are building more so keep looking :eek: persistence can pay off :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

Does it say that on the excursion page or when you try to book it?

I just checked your sailing date and both hillside and over the water cabanas are showing.

Hi Florida Scorpion

I'm logging into my reservation and going to Countdown to Cruise page - Pre Cruise Planner.

Clicked on 'Shore and Land Excursions' page...then clicked ADD, then selected 'Labadee Haiti'

When I scroll pages to find "Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellies Beach - ZL88 there is no reserve button available to select, there is just an 'inquire onboard'.

There are other excursions available to reserve so being 'outside' the booking timeframe is not the cause.

As per my cruise countdown we're travelling on Oasis 18 August (labadee 20th August) Below is what I see when I try to book...

Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellies Beach - ZL88

s.gif

Port/City: Labadee, Haiti

s.gif

Activity Type: Beach and/or Water-Related Activities

s.gif

Approximate Duration: At Your Leisure

s.gif

Prices starting from:

*126.00 GBP (Adult)

*126.00 GBP (Child)

*0.00 GBP (Infant)

s.gif

Date(s) Offered: 20-Aug-2012

[/url] asr_inguireonboard_btn.gif

How is it you can see them available and I can't ?? Could it be because your a Diamond Plus member ??

I have not made my final payment yet, but thought it could be booked without that being made as others have booked 6 months ahead.

Any info would be appreciated.......maybe I'm doing something wrong when I log into my RCL booking ??

Hi Florida Scorpion

I'm logging into my reservation and going to Countdown to Cruise page - Pre Cruise Planner.

Clicked on 'Shore and Land Excursions' page...then clicked ADD, then selected 'Labadee Haiti'

When I scroll pages to find "Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellies Beach - ZL88 there is no reserve button available to select, there is just an 'inquire onboard'.

There are other excursions available to reserve so being 'outside' the booking timeframe is not the cause.

As per my cruise countdown we're travelling on Oasis 18 August (labadee 20th August) Below is what I see when I try to book...

Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellies Beach - ZL88

s.gif

Port/City: Labadee, Haiti

s.gif

Activity Type: Beach and/or Water-Related Activities

s.gif

Approximate Duration: At Your Leisure

s.gif

Prices starting from:

*126.00 GBP (Adult)

*126.00 GBP (Child)

*0.00 GBP (Infant)

s.gif

Date(s) Offered: 20-Aug-2012

asr_inguireonboard_btn.gif

How is it you can see them available and I can't ?? Could it be because your a Diamond Plus member ??

I have not made my final payment yet, but thought it could be booked without that being made as others have booked 6 months ahead.

Any info would be appreciated.......maybe I'm doing something wrong when I log into my RCL booking ??

Your doing everything right. There just isn't any available for booking online. Keep looking as they are building more. If none appear then go straight to the excursions desk upon boarding to see if you can get one. They hold some excursions back so those that wait until they board can get excursions too. No one except people on your own sailing can see what is available for your sailing.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I'd recommend going to the next page. I believe the Labadee shore and excursions section should have 36 options available. The 2nd page showed me the same information but it was labeled as Barefoot Beach, so that's why it said inquire on board. When I went to the 3rd page, it shows Nellie's Beach and it was available to book.

I'm only a Gold member, and I was able to book it.

I'd recommend going to the next page. I believe the Labadee shore and excursions section should have 36 options available. The 2nd page showed me the same information but it was labeled as Barefoot Beach, so that's why it said inquire on board. When I went to the 3rd page, it shows Nellie's Beach and it was available to book.

I'm only a Gold member, and I was able to book it.

HI Virtopia

I'll gave it another try, and still the same response.

18 August Oasis departure only shows on Ladadee shore and excursions page, 35 excursions only (4 pages in total) with Nellies Cabana over water being the excursion number 35 on the last page.

Not 36 excursions as you quoted. So it appears that different departure dates must have different excusions avail. There are definately NO Barefoot beach cabanas even showing avail or not.

When you say you can see them as available....Are you looking at availability for Oasis 18 August departure. I see your going on Allure in Sept, so probably the cabanas are available for your cruise but mine departing 18 August seems to be all taken.

I'll check again.

Dawna, thanks for your reply. I'll keep checking for availability, if still 'inquire onboard' I will definately make visting excursions desk the first on my 'to do' list when we get onboard.

HI Virtopia

I'll give it another try, but I thought I did check every page a few times.

From memory I don't remember seeing information labelled Barefoot Beach....only Nellies.

When you say you can see them as available....Are you looking at availability for Oasis 18 August departure. I see your going on Allure in Sept, so probably the cabanas are available for your cruise but mine departing 18 August seems to be all taken.

I'll check again.

Your sailing only has 21 options for Labadee, which is odd, as my sailing has 36.

It does show it as an option in the Shore and Excursion section, but it doesn't give me the option to purchase it as I don't have a reservation number for that particular sailing.

It's possible that both cabanas at Barefoot Beach and Nellies Beach are sold out, which is why it's indicating to inquire on board.

Good luck getting one! I'm anxiously looking forward to spending time in mines.

Your sailing only has 21 options for Labadee, which is odd, as my sailing has 36.

It does show it as an option in the Shore and Excursion section, but it doesn't give me the option to purchase it as I don't have a reservation number for that particular sailing.

Now this is getting weird. When I look at the Labadee excursions (while logged into my cruise reservation) - I can see 35 options available whereas you said you can see only 21 !!

Was in Labadee a couple weeks ago and there are a number of cabana's being built in various stages of building. Maybe that's why some of you are getting different number of options - maybe later cruises will have more available simply because the construction will be over.

There were some new paths because of the construction, also they extended the vendor section (not the Artisian Village).

Was in Labadee a couple weeks ago and there are a number of cabana's being built in various stages of building. Maybe that's why some of you are getting different number of options - maybe later cruises will have more available simply because the construction will be over.

There were some new paths because of the construction, also they extended the vendor section (not the Artisian Village).

Leslie, were the new cabanas being constructed at Nellie's Beach or Barefoot beach?

Leslie, were the new cabanas being constructed at Nellie's Beach or Barefoot beach?

I was in W4 on Barefoot Beach March 29 and it looked like at least 3 more being built there.

The Enchantment was in Labadee that same day, which made for pretty crowded conditions everywhere (except for Barefoot...but we were in competition with Enchantment pax for cabanas, and from what I understand there were many suite guests who were unhappy that they didn't even get a cabana).

Now this is getting weird. When I look at the Labadee excursions (while logged into my cruise reservation) - I can see 35 options available whereas you said you can see only 21 !!
I have 35 for my Allure sailing as well.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 3 months later...
Hi...any idea how far out the cabanas are made available? We are on the Oasis Oct.27.Thanks

We are sailing on Allure on October 7th 2012. I check every day for excursions and Haiti appeared today. I have just booked a cabana over the water at Nellies beach. Only one person books the cabana but 6 people can use it.

Hope you manage to get one booked soon :D

I would agree keep checking. We are on the Oasis leaving tomorrow 7/21 and I was unable to get as Nellies said inquire onboard and being only a D+ I am on the waitlist for Barefoot Beach. I checked every single day since making the reservation but we only booked a month out. Well finally my persistance paid off. Last Saturday, one week before sailing, I was up early and there is was a over the water on Nellie's was available. I booked it right away. So you just never know :D

Again, as said earlier, book it only in one person's name. I tried several times to put all our names on and it kept telling there none were available. As soon as I used just one name, I got the cabana. We are on the August 30th sailing and I was able to book it the end of June.

Archived