Drinking age in the Bahamas

tinadago

It's an interesting question, but I suspect that HMC is still under the control of the Bahamian government and subject to Bahamian laws.

I think that since you are still using the ship retail system that 21 is still the age on HMC. I may be wrong, but this makes sense to me.

I think that since you are still using the ship retail system that 21 is still the age on HMC. I may be wrong, but this makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me, too, but they probably could legally sell to 18 year olds on the island.

It's an interesting question, but I suspect that HMC is still under the control of the Bahamian government and subject to Bahamian laws.

You are certainly correct, but since it is a stop 'owned' by CCL, CCL's rules apply. So 21.:)

Makes sense to me, too, but they probably could legally sell to 18 year olds on the island.

By they I assume you mean the cruise line? The cruise line can legally sell booze to 18 year-olds on board the ship. The cruise line chooses not to voluntarily. It seems likely to me that the ship would exercise the same policy at HMC since purchases are made against the ship account with Sail and Sign cards.

Carnival owned cruise lines that service primary markets other than the USA like Aida and Ibero maintain an 18 purchase age on their ships.

By they I assume you mean the cruise line? The cruise line can legally sell booze to 18 year-olds on board the ship. The cruise line chooses not to voluntarily. It seems likely to me that the ship would exercise the same policy at HMC since purchases are made against the ship account with Sail and Sign cards.

Carnival owned cruise lines that service primary markets other than the USA like Aida and Ibero maintain an 18 purchase age on their ships.

Correct. It is a CCL rule, not governmental law, about drinking age. They set the rule at 21, and that rule transfers to HMC.

You are certainly correct, but since it is a stop 'owned' by CCL, CCL's rules apply. So 21.:)

Yep.

Yes, "they" means the cruise line and you are correct. NCL allows parents to give permission for their 18-20 year old children to purchase and consume beer and wine once in international waters. NCL's policy also states that the drinking age for European sailings is 18.

Correct. It is a CCL rule, not governmental law, about drinking age. They set the rule at 21, and that rule transfers to HMC.

Their ball, their rules;).

Archived