Flat Tire on the way to the Port

rolloman

what I would have do is change the dang tire as fast as I could which usually takes about 10min from start to finish and I'm in a wheelchair.

Then rush to the port and PRAY we make it if not then we book flights to the next possible port to meet up with the ship. If thats not possible then we go back home and watch titanic and poseidon adventure maybe perfect storm as well. :p

since this is an imaginary thread, i would have imagined a tow truck behind me pulling over to tow him, his wife, his family (if he had an imaginary family) and his car to the port in plenty of time to make the ship. now they can enjoy their imaginary cruise.:)

Nothing imaginary about it...car with a flat, young man and woman, possibly one other passenger, mile from the port 3 cruise ships in plain site, Carnival Victory, Disney Dream, RCCL FReedom, I do not know which of the 3 ships they needed to get to. Next time I will take a picture. Then some bozo will come on here and call me a jerk for taking a picture or tell me it was a staged event.

Lets break down what we have so far...

One person questions where I live.

One person questions if the post is real.

A couple people find it hard to believe at least 2 people can be considered a family.

Several people can't get past a post where I was sarcstic to another poster concerning luggage tags. (my bad, forgot to insert eye roll icon).

Several people want to change the tire AGAIN.

Several people question why a post on RCCL board when it had been stated one of the ships was RCCL.

A couple people say this is the most bizzare thread they have seen...(extremely hard to believe, someone back me up please lol)

Now toss in a few of the who really cares posts and we have ourselves a typical year 2012 CC post.

Anyway thanks to the good folks who actually answered the thread. Seems like ride the rim is the choice.

Rolloman, I've found people on CC to be very polite and warm-hearted. If this many people had a negative and confused reaction to your post, might you at least consider that it had something to do with your post and not those who responded?

I would have changed the tire. No use getting into an accident due to loss of traction by driving on a rim. Plus why damage a good rim? Worst case, I'd have to meet the ship at the next port.

I usually try to get to the port a day early, if at all possible for that very reason.

Eric

You actually make sense.

I digress..who cares?

Rolloman, I've found people on CC to be very polite and warm-hearted. If this many people had a negative and confused reaction to your post, might you at least consider that it had something to do with your post and not those who responded?

This is one of the most enjoyable threads I've read in quite some time...:)

...now, what would I do <tapping nails on keyboard, with the jeopardy theme playing in my head>

I know....I would dig my booze, that I was planning to smuggle onto the ship, out of my suitcase, take a big long swig....then yell at my husband for buying tires that would go flat, how dare this tire go flat;). I mean really, couldn't you spend a bit more on good ones rather than buying the cheapest ones you could find??? :D

Archived