anyone know if they have Budlight Platinum available on board?

LEXIpoo

I recently tried the new Bud Platnium and not being a Bud or Bud Light lover, I was pleasantly surprised. It tastes nothing like the original Bud products. It would be great if the ship carried this.

Thanks to the OP for asking this question. Perhaps Carnival will add it to their inventory. It seems there are many that would love to see it on board.

I tried it and it is terrible stuff. No hop flavor, nasty rice after taste. The "light" word inserted in the name is misleading as it has as many many calories as most beers.

You want a good beer with alcohol, try Doghead Fish Billy Baton IPA. Oak aged, 10% alcohol, you'll wonder why you even drank Bud Light Plat.

I think you mean Dogfish Head Burton Baton Imperial IPA. Truly a delicious brew, but at $15 per 4-pack I don't think it's going to be a popular choice among the Bud Light (or even Bud Light *Platinum*) crowd! ;)

And no, there is no Bud Light Platinum offered on carnival ships at this time.

It's interesting how beer drinkers are dedicated to a specific brand, and rarely make a permanent switch to something else. I've been a Pabst drinker for years. (I think I'm in the minority here.) But since the cruise ships don't sell PBR, I can get by for a week with Miller. Never been a big fan of Bud. It's what I imagine Clydesdale pee would taste like. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

It's interesting how beer drinkers are dedicated to a specific brand, and rarely make a permanent switch to something else. I've been a Pabst drinker for years. (I think I'm in the minority here.) But since the cruise ships don't sell PBR, I can get by for a week with Miller. Never been a big fan of Bud. It's what I imagine Clydesdale pee would taste like. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

LOL!

I always say that I'm pretty sure if I was to ever taste pee, it will taste just like beer...that's why I was surprised at the Bud Light Platinum.

I have also tried and like the Bud L Plat. :) Glad they have the red frog on Freedom though, definitely going for that :D

I'm going to try the Red Frog next month on the Glory. Does anyone know if we can get it at any bar or just specific ones? I usually drink Miller Lite, Genuine Draft...or if desperate, something cold and bubbly from a bottle/can that says "beer" on the label.

Well, Thristy Red Frog Ale IS an AB product (bascially the old Bud Red Ale/ Mich Amber Bock) so you won't be that far afield. But LIGHT it ain't!:D

I'm not a Big Beer fan but will have to say that of late InBevAB and SABMillerCoors are sure striving to get at least a portion of their big production vats to produce the cleaner flavors that the smaller craft brewers consistently come out with instead of just pumping in the chems like they did when they tried to copy the Corona craze with the ersatz lime flavoring. So in that sense, TRF, Amber Bock, BLP are all steps in the right direction.

I've been a Pabst drinker for years. (I think I'm in the minority here.)

PBR is, IMHO among the best of the really big mass-produced beers. Yuengling is another. Bud/Miller/Coors are okay, but they lack flavor.

I'll drink both :D what does this Red Frog compare to?

Go to your local packie or supermarket, maybe the local Stop N Go/KwikMart and buy a bottle or sixer of Michelob Amber Bock or Bud's American Ale. Close enough.

Go to your local packie or supermarket, maybe the local Stop N Go/KwikMart and buy a bottle or sixer of Michelob Amber Bock or Bud's American Ale. Close enough.

Had both. Yuengling is one of my favorites but I don't think there's a chance they'll have it :( owell.... after a few of anything they all taste pretty good!!! :p

Archived