Your Time Dining

MrsZee

Yes you can request the same waitstaff.

We were on Miracle in October and loved our waitstaff the first night, we simply asked for her as we checked in each night.

Her name was Bianca and she was awesome!!!

We loved YTD and got great service!!!

Carole

We had a table for 8- was told no room in traditional so we had to make due with anytime.

Guy told us it is better to show up when the MDR opens so we can get that table for 8.

Amazing wait staff at the large table right by the door.

We were able to get the same table all week except for two nights. One night a party of 8 arrived before us and they got the table.

another night we arrived at 6pm and all the tables for 8 were gone. We got two booths for 4 each.

If you do not mind the wait for the same table then you can do it.

Yes you can request the same waitstaff.

We were on Miracle in October and loved our waitstaff the first night, we simply asked for her as we checked in each night.

Her name was Bianca and she was awesome!!!

We loved YTD and got great service!!!

Carole

Hey Carole!! How are you & Larry doing??

On my last cruise, I was able to get the same wait staff every evening with your time dining. I was however dining alone, and always arrived at the dining room between 6pm and 6.30pm give or take a couple of minutes. I think if you are a group of more than 4, this could be a little more difficult, but if you are 2-4, then it should work out. Just my opinion though. Have a great cruise.:)

There were 4 of us on the Fascination last October and we loved our waitstaff and asked for them each night. One word of caution, if you specifically want the same waitstaff you may have to wait. A couple of nights we had to wait about 30 minutes or so, but it was well worth it to have our favorite waiter and helpers. They were superb!

Definitely, Yes.

Did YTD last cruise for 2 . . . TERRIFIC . . . only had to wait ONCE for 20-30 minutes. Just went to the Atrium Bar and waited for the "beeper" to go off. Slick. :D

We did YTD on Dream last year and there were 4 of us. We loved our staff and wanted them every night. We had long waits. We asked the Maitre D' what time he suggested to not have a half to hour wait and he gave us times. It didn't matter what time we went, we had the same problem. The second week of a B2B we changed to regular dining.

This Feb just my DH and I sailed on Dream again. We had YTD and asked for the wait staff we had last year and the Maitre D' had no clue as to the head waitress. I do know that staff changes, but to not even know who she was boggled my mind. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but to us, he was worthless.

On this cruise we didn't find our staff to be anything special, so we went at different times and not every night. We had service that had no rolls, a butter dish, but no butter in it, and just generally poor service. No waiter checking on food, no explanations of long delays for food. The hostess though was absolutely wonderful.

We are going on Dream again in Jan and this time we will just request regular dining as I think the Maitre D' doesn't have a clue as to how to run things and the service is way, way below anything we have ever had.

Yes, and if you don't like your first team, you can try someone else. Our first night, we had a terrible waiter, but second night got a fantastic team that we stuck with the rest of the cruise.

We had the same wait staff with YTD last year on the Legend and they were good. However, we are going back to regular dining as we like the feel of it better - the waiters seemed so rushed in the YTD. We did like the convenience, though! And, we never had to wait!

We have signed up for ATD and I was wondering, can you make a standing reservation or all 8 nights of the cruise? Same time every night.

Also what time is late seating start?

We have a party of 9 for Thanksgiving on Freedom so I am sure there will be quite a free large parties.

Thanks!

We have signed up for ATD and I was wondering, can you make a standing reservation or all 8 nights of the cruise? Same time every night.

We have a party of 9 for Thanksgiving on Freedom so I am sure there will be quite a free large parties.

Thanks!

Be prepared to split up your group for dining or to wait for dining. ATD was designed for smaller groups.

You can't make a standing reservation is it first come first serve.

Late seating starts at 815 pm

Thanks!

no, you can not make a standing reservations- for a party of 9 I would take traditional. late seating is at 8:15.

The dining room has very few tables of 8. and you would need a 10 top table

Like I said - we were a party of 8 and was told that if we want to sit together we have to arrive by 5:45 and one day we were late (not even 10 minutes)and had to be broken up into two booths.

If people in your party are children-- I would reconsider late dining as they will not be able to particiapate in the group activities at night (they get over by 10 and start at 7. and they also will have much down time between

Archived