Sailing the Same Ship More Than Once

picklebongo

For awhile, I wanted to try a different ship every cruise, and I still like to do that. But, returning to a ship I've sailed before has definitely felt like coming home, especially if I had an AMAZING experience on that ship, like I did my first time on the Dream. So I had to return to her, and the 2nd time was almost as good as the first, and it totally felt like returning home the minute I was back on board. I'm considering a 3rd time in the near future.

Our first and second cruise was on the Liberty. We sailed Liberty again because of the great itinerary, not because of the ship. I liked it because we already knew our way around. Both sailings were pre-2.0 updates.

For awhile, I wanted to try a different ship every cruise, and I still like to do that. But, returning to a ship I've sailed before has definitely felt like coming home, especially if I had an AMAZING experience on that ship

Totally agree! My order of booking a ship is itinerary, ship, price.(and I have sailed several several times: Liberty 3x, Miracle, Glory and Freedom 2x, etc)

My wife and I will be sailing on the Fantasy again at the end of this month. This will be our third trip on the Fantasy, we're also staying in the same cabin. I don't think it matters how many times that you sail on any ship, we always get excited we we get onboard. You will have a great time!

We were on the Liberty twice last year. Once before and once after the 2.0 upgrades. I think it's a little bit of what you said even with the 2.0 upgrades. It felt like coming home, but with a little of the excitement of exploration gone. Of course, the second cruise we did get to explore the 2.0 upgrades which did help a lot with that feeling, but I'm not gonna lie....it was there.

We will be on the Valor for the second time next month, but it's been a couple years since our last cruise on her. I'm a little more excited about this one.

I'm considering sailing on the Liberty again this September and I'm wondering how many of you have sailed the same ship multiple times. Is the excitement lessened because you already know what to expect or does it feel like coming home?

Are there folks who would never consider sailing the same ship? If so, why not?

I have done it once already by sailing the Mariner of the Seas (RCCL) twice and I'll do it again next year when I sail the Liberty for the second time. As long as you loved the ship the first time, no reason not to sail her again and you don't have to learn a new layout either. Kind of like meeting up with and old friend.

Is the excitement lessened because you already know what to expect or does it feel like coming home?

What excitement? :confused:

That's like asking if you have stayed at the same hotel more than once. To us, that is all it is, a floating hotel.

We have sailed the Victory 2x (same itinerary) and about to sail the Miracle (different itinerary) for a second time.

It is more a convenience thing for us. Adding flight prices is really a turn off so we have been sailing out of NYC where we can drive too. Each cruise is different. The ship is just 1 piece of the equation when we make a decision.

We found sailing the same ship affected us negatively if it were the same itinerary, same cruise director, and the same shows, EXCEPT when we use the ship to get to a specific destination.

We sailed the Jubilee three times, still our favorite ship as it was our first, on three different itineraries. Taking that ship to Hawaii was heaven.

On our repeat Imagination cruise, everything was such a carbon copy of our previous cruise, we expected to run into ourselves.

And even though we have taken the Explorer of the Seas three times so far to Bermuda, the ship is SO big that it took that many times to explore all of it.

There are a number of valid reasons to sail the same ship multiple times and yes, it is always like coming home... very comfortable and relaxing.

We have sailed the Legend many times... we love the ship, its true. But we have also loved the itinerary and the ports. It is exactly where we want to go. I guess with the new summer itinerary starting next year, we will only be able to sail her during the holidays.

Lastly, we have relatives in Tampa area so it is really easy for us to visit them and get to the port. We don't like Miami as a port or area so it is easier for us to sail out of Tampa!

All of that said, we are not opposed to trying new ships and new ports... but we will always love our times on Legend! :)

We just sailed the Dream and on our drive home we began planning a trip with our kids on the same ship/ same itinerary. We loved the ship and the itinerary. We may wind up going on the same week. We had decided on January but we may cave and do the same March week for the convenience of some friends. Unfortunately it will cost us $60pp more.

My first was on the Miracle. Second time around we we're bring a bunch of people with us...noone wanted to fly, so our options were minimal...all the other itineraries didn't really catch my eye...so I'm going the Miracle again with the same ports :-)

I already know it's a great cruise. I keep telling myself that people rent the same summer house in the cape every year, why not do the same cruise ? :)

I'm considering sailing on the Liberty again this September and I'm wondering how many of you have sailed the same ship multiple times. Is the excitement lessened because you already know what to expect or does it feel like coming home?

Are there folks who would never consider sailing the same ship? If so, why not?

I will be sailing the NCL Dawn for the 3rd time. It is my favorite ship....but each of those sailings was a totally different itinerary.

The first was a 14 day repo, the second was a 9 day southern Caribbean and the third will be to Bermuda....so I get to sail my favorite ship and go to different places. :)

I also sailed the CCL Miracle twice...also different itineraries.

I say if you love the ship sail it as many times as you can. It kinda does feel like coming home :) For me, the repeat of the ship was great because it was not a repeat of the itinerary.

I'm going on the Glory for the third time next month. It is like coming home and although I'm not thrilled will going to Nassau and Freeport again, the ship is the destination for me to relax and get away from life for a week. Since the port is close to home, and I can save the money from not having to fly, I'm able to pretty much plan going each year. Probably do the same itinerary again next year, but after that I may look at another one.

We are sailing the Fascination for the 6th time in August :) It just seems to always fit our dates. The drive is easy, the port is easy, and she feels like home! I want to try a larger ship but after 13 cruises on the Fantasy class my DH is hooked because he knows the layout and it is comfortable. We cruise for the ship not the ports, we like the relaxation and ease of cruising~do as much or as little as you want!

Archived