epic; allure; oasis; when is carnival going to have a destination ship?

H82seaUgo

Maybe they understand their market more than we give them credit for. I'd imagine a lot of PAX are like me and would rather get a great rate on a CCL ship than pay hundreds of dollars more on the newer ships. I was surprised to find what I considered good rates for some Breeze sailings compared to what I've seen for Oasis/Allure.

I'm not too keen on those big ships either. I even sailed the Dream last year and thought that was a tad too big for me. With all that stuff to do on the cruise, I'd need a vacation from my vacation when I returned home. Give me a quiet, shady spot with a good book and I'm all set. All those different activities (rock climbing, zip lining, ice rinks, parks) would just make me feel like I've got to do more to get my money's worth. Just a humble opinion from a 40-something couch potato though. LOL

Maybe they understand their market more than we give them credit for. I'd imagine a lot of PAX are like me and would rather get a great rate on a CCL ship than pay hundreds of dollars more on the newer ships. I was surprised to find what I considered good rates for some Breeze sailings compared to what I've seen for Oasis/Allure.

I agree! Those mega destination ships to not appeal to me. Obviously they do to others and they are free to cruise on them.

My Epic cruises are cheaper than what I pay on CCL for similar cabin

Those 8-day prices for the Breeze are crazy.

To the OP I dont think they will. Not with current management:cool:

My Epic cruises are cheaper than what I pay on CCL for similar cabin

Those 8-day prices for the Breeze are crazy.

To the OP I dont think they will. Not with current management:cool:

Yes, there are bargains to be had when you pick and choose. I just feel Oasis/Allure are at the upper end compared to the lower prices on all these other cruises. I didn't say Breeze rates were low, I just said I was surprised they were lower than I expected for a new ship. I love all these new ships because the market drives the prices and I'm liking what I'm paying.

I agree! Those mega destination ships to not appeal to me.

Obviously they do to others and they are free to cruise on them.

I already find Carnival ships 100' date='000 tons and over

to be quite a destination in themselves, but then bells and whistles don't impress me much.

Neither do rock-climbing walls, artificial surf and ice rinks.

I know it doesn't compare to Oasis/Allure and Epic but I am pretty excited about the Breeze, and I think that's about as good as it's gonna get for Carnival. As someone else said, I was very pleased with the price I paid for a cove balcony (under $100 a day) AND I have already received a price drop.

I have avoided/ignored the Epic because I understand there is some sort of weirdness with the bathroom situation in the cabins..?

As for Oasis/Allure I'm just not sure I am interested yet, too many other ships/itineraries/prices are calling my name:D

I wish they would but it doesn't seem like it will ever happen. Breeze is probably the closest they'll come.

I've sailed Allure and enjoyed it. I also plan on sailing the Epic and probably the Breakaway. I still prefer the Carnival overall (more fun and much better food) but I really wish they wouldn't be so far behind on their innovations.

Is that on a 6day?

Yes, the 8 day prices were kind of out of line I thought, maybe the "better" itinerary?

The 6 day has 3 sea days and only 2 POC, a perfect relaxation cruise for us, sandwiched in the middle of busy days at WDW. BUT I can see where this itinerary would be less desirable to others, maybe that explains the price..?

looks like they were wrong in passing this innovation.

They don't have to build a destination ship. CCL cruisers are happy with what CCL offers and if they're not, they can go over to Royal or Norwegian and CCL doesn't care.

I prefer the "Spirit" class ships also, but if the price is rite I will sail. Did the Liberty of the Sea RCCL for $459 pp balcony last nin. hump cabin deck 8. Also saw Oasis for $659 balcony if you can sail april 15th. At these prices I will give them a chance

I prefer the "Spirit" class ships also, but if the price is rite I will sail. Did the Liberty of the Sea RCCL for $459 pp balcony last nin. hump cabin deck 8. Also saw Oasis for $659 balcony if you can sail april 15th. At these prices I will give them a chance

variety is nice. :)

Don't understand why some people act as if it's cheating on a spouse?? :confused:

Yes, the 8 day prices were kind of out of line I thought, maybe the "better" itinerary?

The 6 day has 3 sea days and only 2 POC, a perfect relaxation cruise for us,

Im thinking so and your price is what i like to pay on every cruiseline.

Enjoy the post Farcus design:D

I think that Carnival should build one of those mega, mega ships. I know that my two teenagers would love to cruise on one! But since Allure/Oasis are so expensive, we'll continue to sail on Carnival.

If Carnival did build something like that, they would also need to charge a premium price for them (like on Oasis/Allure).

Lets be honest here. A large percentage of Carnival cruisers sail on them mainly because of their low prices. I seriously doubt that a premium priced Carnival ship would be successful. Many of these cruisers would probably pick a different cruise line before paying a premium price for a Carnival cruise.

I loved the Magic, and FYI the Magic and Breeze willbe the only two ships that has a ropes course at sea. That was a very popular place the ropes course.

I certainly hope Carnival doesn't build any ships larger than the Dream class. The exterior promenade is wonderful, but I miss my balcony overlooking the sea; however, people watching from your balcony was neat......

What I do not want to do on a cruise ship:

Ice skate

Rock climbing walls

All but one or two dining venues be extra fees

Have a mall like feel to Promenade deck

Carnival is doing something right seeing as their ships always sail full. I've yet to be on a ship that hasn't sailed full or at max capacity.

NCL Epic--sorry, I've seen pics and "might Ships" show of the ship. I won't be sailing on that ship...

RCI-Monsters of the Sea (aka Oasis and Allure) too damn big and the ship looks strange and not right......

I want to do a Panama Canal, so I'd go on Pricess for that cruise! Alaska would be Carnival.....

looks like they were wrong in passing this innovation.

Just did the NCL Epic - in February. YES, it was our destination - because we have been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Nassau many, many times. So we went with the thoughts of "experiencing" the Epic. We did not plan anything in the ports - only really got off in St. Maarten.

But what about the other side.....

I know there are those who do - but....how many times can you do the same "destination" ship?? Don't get me wrong.....it was really great - we certainly enjoyed stepping out and trying something new. But....unless there is something on the ship that you did not get a chance to do - which is not the case for us - there is not too much to lure you back to the same ship, with the exact same itinerary over and over - IMHO.

Archived