Balcony chair question

Random question...

With the lounge chairs on the balcony, do that have slats in them? Would it make sense to bring a couple of clothes pins to dry bathing suits out on the balcony? I figured if they had some slats it might make it easy to clip a few things on them if we needed things to dry overnight. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

I can't remember if the chairs have slats or not! Unless you have a suite or an aft balcony, you won't have loungers...only chairs.

You can also hang wet (damp) things from a hanger, and put the hanger on the airvent in the cabin...it will dry in no time with airflow! The balconies tend to get wet overnight, either salt-spray or window washing, so I wouldn't leave stuff out overnight.

I can't remember if the chairs have slats or not! Unless you have a suite or an aft balcony, you won't have loungers...only chairs.

You can also hang wet (damp) things from a hanger, and put the hanger on the airvent in the cabin...it will dry in no time with airflow! The balconies tend to get wet overnight, either salt-spray or window washing, so I wouldn't leave stuff out overnight.

Oh, great tip!! We don't eve have the balcony - my parents do, so I figured I could clip a few things out there. But I suppose each room has an air vent, so that makes things a bit easier anyway! I wouldn't have thought to do that. In the past in our interior cabin I've hand washed things and hung them to dry in the bathroom and it literally took 3 days for the clothing to dry and by then it smelled musty :/ I hope this solution works well!!

Thank you :)

Random question...

With the lounge chairs on the balcony, do that have slats in them? Would it make sense to bring a couple of clothes pins to dry bathing suits out on the balcony? I figured if they had some slats it might make it easy to clip a few things on them if we needed things to dry overnight. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Yep I brought clothes pegs and did this ;)

I don't know where others have cruised but if you leave things hanging out overnight in the Caribbean odds are it will still be wet in the morning. You're better off pulling it inside before it gets dark. Nights get pretty moist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just have to say this - You are not allowed to leave anything out on the balcony as it is a fire hazard. This is since the fire on the Star Princess happened.

As for hanging stuff from the vents, yep that can be done, but please don´t hang anything on the sprinkler system in the cabin. :eek: It can start the sprinkler and your cabin will be soaked.

I just have to say this - You are not allowed to leave anything out on the balcony as it is a fire hazard. This is since the fire on the Star Princess happened.

As for hanging stuff from the vents, yep that can be done, but please don´t hang anything on the sprinkler system in the cabin. :eek: It can start the sprinkler and your cabin will be soaked.

You are also not supposed to hang anything from the air vent cover as well.

I remember that fire. How did it start? Cigs?

I remember that fire. How did it start? Cigs?

The official report says the cause of the fire couldn´t be termined, but it could have likely be a cig.

The spreading of the fire however was caused due to flamable stuff on the balconies and the lack of a sprinkler system.

As a result out of this all material used on the balconies has to be unflamable and it´s not allowed to leave personal stuff out on the balconies. Also newer ships are now equipped with sprinkler systems outside on the balconies and some older ships have been refitted with these.

This is since the fire on the Star Princess happened.

Although the official cause was not determined it was strongly suspected to have been a cigarette of the occupant of the cabin where it started that cuaght something (?) that then caught the PLASTIC balcony divider on fire. Once this happened it spread from plastic divider to plastic divider. http://www.cruiseshipfires.com/Fires/Star_Princess_Fire_March_23_2006.html

All RCI ships have non-combustable balcony materials (dividers, furniture, decking, railings). Clothing hung to dry is presumably at least damp so even in rare event of butt tossed from above landing on it it would not combust either. Clip items to chairs and hang around in cabin for awhile to keep an eye on things and it will be OK. Best to not dry stuff on port days since it looks bad. I pack plastic wood clamps (99 cents each) that are very strong and mostly wear non-cotton fabrics that dry in minutes.

We just booked an aft balcony on the EOS. Lounges??

Louise

Archived