RIVIERA's art

Line Dancer

Oceania Cruises said its newbuild, Riviera, will house a museum-worthy collection of fine art focusing on some of Latin America’s top contemporary artists. More than 1,000 works will adorn the mid-size ship.

The collection is a nod to the Cuban heritage of Frank Del Rio, the line’s founder and chairman and ceo of parent company Prestige Cruise Holdings. Del Rio, who played almost a curator’s role in the selection, said ‘every inch of the ship was designed to showcase paintings, glassworks and sculpture that will spark conversation and contemplation among our guests.’

Oceania Cruises said its newbuild, Riviera, will house a museum-worthy collection of fine art focusing on some of Latin America’s top contemporary artists. More than 1,000 works will adorn the mid-size ship.

The collection is a nod to the Cuban heritage of Frank Del Rio, the line’s founder and chairman and ceo of parent company Prestige Cruise Holdings. Del Rio, who played almost a curator’s role in the selection, said ‘every inch of the ship was designed to showcase paintings, glassworks and sculpture that will spark conversation and contemplation among our guests.’

Frank chooses all the art on all of the ships..I have begged him to have a tour..he said he is thinking about putting out a book..

Jancruz1

Frank chooses all the art on all of the ships..I have begged him to have a tour..he said he is thinking about putting out a book..

Jancruz1

I was just on the Marina and just loved the artwork. I asked if the masks that were on display at the entrance of the theater were antiques, but the front desk didn't know. I then made a suggestion that they should have art tours on the ship. They said they would pass it along.

Holland America has a self guided audio tour of the art on board all of its ships. You can down load the tour to your mp3 player or borrow an ipod from the library. It would be great if Oceania could do this.

Does anyone have a list of the art works on Marina? When we were in La Reserve, one of the guests there that evening was the Cuban artist who did one of the paintings that's in La Reserve (on the left wall as you face the counter/kitchen), but I cannot remember his name.

He might have some of the art work on Riviera.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to art, but I loved many of the art works on Marina, in particular the the oil landscapes in Jacques and Jaques Pepin's portrait just outside, the glass flower pieces (in several places), and the painting of falling books outside the library. Lots to look at and would love a guidebook.

Archived