Really silly question regarding luggage

Swyre

Never done a cruise before and don't "do" abroad but other half and self are off on Mariner from Istanbul on Wednesday and ending up in Rome a week later.

We're booked into a hotel in Rome for the night after the cruise and looking round the Vatican the following day before getting the flight home.

Now the silly question. Obviously we don't want to be towing great big bags all over Rome but we book out of the hotel in the morning. What's the chances of the hotel letting us leave our bags after we check out and letting us pick them up later after we've been round the Vatican?

Yes, I know it depends on the hotel and a phone call will supply me with the answer but tho' I speak Latin (a bit) I don't speak Italian so I wondered what the answer is likely to be.

Thanks

Rik

In our many many travels, we have never encountered a problem with the hotel storing our luggage while we were sightseeing, either before we checked in if we arrived early or after checking out. A nice tip to the bellman may be in order, but it will not be a problem.

In our many many travels, we have never encountered a problem with the hotel storing our luggage while we were sightseeing, either before we checked in if we arrived early or after checking out. A nice tip to the bellman may be in order, but it will not be a problem.

I agree. However, just remember to leave enough time to get back to your hotel to pick up your luggage before you head to the airport.

I've had several calls to Rome over the past couple of months while planning our upcoming trip and have yet to not be able to get an English speaker on the phone. As soon as they answer, I say, "Ciao, do you speak English?" Usually the person answering the phone immediately switches to English and is able to assist me. Only once did I get "Prego un momento."

I can fumble through Italian, but would rather use English when trying to book something with a specific date, time, or ticket type, or ask a question important enough to make the long distance call for.

E-mail has also worked very well, although the Italians generally seem to take several days to a week to respond--it doesn't appear to be a priority to them, so if you need an answer very quickly, calling is the better alternative.

What's the chances of the hotel letting us leave our bags after we check out and letting us pick them up later after we've been round the Vatican?

Yes, I know it depends on the hotel and a phone call will supply me with the answer but tho' I speak Latin (a bit) I don't speak Italian so I wondered what the answer is likely to be.

Thanks

Rik

Every hotel we have stayed in has this service. The front desk personnel at Rome's hotels speak English, you will not have any problem communicating.

Archived