Is one enough?

AmbeeBee

I consider my bathing suit ( or suit bottom) like underwear and would never consider wearing again without a proper washing and drying. The suggestion of a simple rinse at a pool shower and sitting in the suit while it dries will not sufficiently clean the suit for me.

To the OP – if you plan on being in a swimsuit at least two days in a row, then it would be best to have 2 suits. If you wear a two piece suit, then perhaps just a second coordinating bottom will work.

M

exactly. that's pretty gross.

OP maybe you can buy another swimsuit bottom that matches your top so you can switch it out.

I consider my bathing suit ( or suit bottom) like underwear and would never consider wearing again without a proper washing and drying. The suggestion of a simple rinse at a pool shower and sitting in the suit while it dries will not sufficiently clean the suit for me.

To the OP – if you plan on being in a swimsuit at least two days in a row, then it would be best to have 2 suits. If you wear a two piece suit, then perhaps just a second coordinating bottom will work.

M

I always bring a pair of swim shorts in a solid color to coordinate with my tops.

I always bring two. As a curvy/busty gal, I find that the more supportive swimsuits can take a much longer time to dry. And I strongly suggest that you don't wear your favorite, new, expensive suit in the hot tub. I don't know if it is the heat or if they have more chlorine, but I have ended up with bleached and faded suits that way more than once.

I bought this one at JCP last week.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsDetailHom.aspx?DeptID=70656&GroupID=1e34ef5&GroupTyp=SIZ&RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.jcpenney.com%2fjcp%2fX6E.aspx%3fpersist%3d1%257e70656%257e81005%257e%257eENS%257c1e34efc%257e-1%257e%257e%257eFalse%26CmCatId%3dexternal%7c81005&IRU=Y&CmCatId=external|81005

Then the shorts that they show on the site to go with it. I normally wear a size 6 in clothes but in swimsuits, I wear a ten because I am long waisted.

I got the shorts to match (kind of a pinky peach color). Then I got black shorts similiar to go with a purple top that I got at Target. These are both shorts to swim in - not wear other places.

I know TJ Maxx has lots of suits.

TJ Maxx and other discount retailers don't usually have a great (or even good:rolleyes:) selection of plus clothing. Mine don't, at least. Sometimes Ross has more of a selection, though I've not noticed a great choice for swimsuits. Obviously, selection at discount stores varies widely (I notice that even among the stores withing 40-50 miles of my house). They certainly have good prices if you can find what you want, but if you're plus size (or on the border, as I am) there's not always a great return for the time invested in searching it out......

Archived