Is one enough?

AmbeeBee

I'm working on getting new clothes and things for my cruise in (gah!!!!) six weeks and I just bought a new swimsuit. My question is, will one swimsuit be enough? We're going on a 5 night cruise and I see lots of people post about having two or more. My budget will allow for one more swimsuit, but do I really need another? Being a , well, curvy girl, swimsuit shopping isn't my favorite, lol.

Well it depends on your personal perference and how much you're going to wear it and where. On a 7 night cruise I used mine once... so that was enough for me. :) Are you going to be spending a lot of time at the pools or beaches? How much of that will be in the sun drying out afterwards? Do you mind putting on a damp suit the next day?

I would definitely bring at least two just to have a back-up.

I'm bringing along 5 (only b/c I have a swimsuit addiction) and they're all new but I didn't pay more than $25 for any of them and they're very good quality. Check out asos.com and go to their clearance section. That's where I got most of mine from.

I would definitely bring at least two just to have a back-up.

I'm bringing along 5 (only b/c I have a swimsuit addiction) and they're all new but I didn't pay more than $25 for any of them and they're very good quality. Check out asos.com and go to their clearance section. That's where I got most of mine from.

While that site does have some cheap suits... there was absolutely nothing for a woman with lots of curves. Swimsuits for the more support challenged are more expensive. I couldn't even find anything under $35 for a size 12.

I would pack at least two...it sucks putting on a not-so-dry swim suit! You should try the discount stores too like ross, tj maxx and Marshalls. I bought one from vicki's last year that cost me $60 but I found another one for my cruise coming up only $17 for the whole thing at Marshalls!

I took 2, and they never completely dried. One was a swim dress (think 50s style) and one was almost like a sports bra and skirt. If you have issues with getting into a wet suit and live in the hot tub on board, get AT LEAST one more,, preferably 2.

I sit in the sun until I'm almost dry....then I go to the cabin and change. No need to "rinse" your suit everytime. After your last dip in the pool, hop under the shower (fresh water) and rinse...then, sit in the sun until almost dry.

Your suit will be dry by the next morning, if you hang it in the open.

Yes...you can get away with 1 suit. If you have 2, all the better.

I did just get a GREAT buy at Marshalls....a Body Glove bikini...usually around $100, for $17!!!

Yes, absolutely you can go on vacation with one.

I tend to travel with 2 but I have one that I feel super comfortable in, and usually end up just wearing the one....

Hang it on the shower line in the cabin in the evening...

If it is still damp in the AM just pull out your blowdryer and on high setting dry it the rest of the way....

I have done this tons of time and it is not damp after you "blow dry" it!!

If your budget is tight, you have a bathing suit you already love, no need for 2.

If you're planning to swim then you may need two. If you're planning to just sunbathe then one is absolutely enough.

Don't feel pressured to buy something because of other people's packing list!!!!

It's a good idea to wash your swimsuit after each use to get out chlorine, sunscreen, perspiration, etc. I use the shampoo provided in the cabin (bring my own for my hair) and roll the suit in a towel to get the excess moisture out before hanging it up. I usually bring at least two swimsuits, one for the pool or beach, and one for activities like snorkeling.

I actually found a rather cute one at Kmart, of all places! usually stores like that have nothing to offer, but it was a really cute tankini and I paid 21.00 for each piece!

Board shorts are a good option for us curvy girls also, cute with the tankini and cover a multitude of sins:D. They dry quickly if you get the ones in the light weight ones.

Board shorts are a good option for us curvy girls also, cute with the tankini and cover a multitude of sins:D. They dry quickly if you get the ones in the light weight ones.

I found some nice ones at Lands End http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-aquaterra-supplex-board-shorts-~231650_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_swimwear-_-women-_-shop-by-silhouette-_-cover-ups&origin=index

They are lightweight and dry very fast! I hate my giggly thighs, so I wore them to the beach and took them off just before snorkeling. I bought the matching rash guard. Got several compliments on the outfit. Perfect for a snorkeling excursion for modest people.

Ameebee,

If your one suit is a neutral color, how about just changing the cover ups and flip flops. Neither takes up much room. You would be surprised what you may already have in your closet that would fit the bill; an oversized shirt, a sundress, a flowy tunic, etc. It would look like a whole new "outfit" without breaking the bank or the luggage seams. Good luck!

Kathie

Swimsuitsforall.com have a lot of diff suits for all sizes. I haven't looked for awhile but they are usually having a sale and sometimes you get free postage. I probably would take two just to be on the safe side, I am accident prone so I never know when a stap is going to break or a seam split. lol:D

Another Lands End fan here - I try to get Overstocks in the off season when they're on super sale, and I also like to do a neutral bottom and a couple colorful tops (I like tankini tops and a swim short bottom - not a skirt:p) Sometimes it's hard to find the larger bust size versions on sale, but I have a few pairs now I can take on vacation with me when I want.

However- I've also gone on vacation with just one suit (we did a super low-weight carry-on only Costa Rica trip a few years ago). I'm not a swimmer or much of a sun person - and you can always sit on a lounger at the pool in a sundress or shorts, so.....

More expensive, but Victoria's Secret online has really cute tankinis that start at size XS.

You're right, they do have some I'd think were really cute on other people!! But unfortunately I'm not comfortable in the v/triangle cut tops. I need a straight or very slightly scooped neck line.

Nike makes one I like (link below), but I already have it in a purple stripe!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/nike/womensapparel/swim/PRD~c25389/Nike+Striped+Swim+Separates.jsp

I sit in the sun until I'm almost dry....then I go to the cabin and change. No need to "rinse" your suit everytime. After your last dip in the pool, hop under the shower (fresh water) and rinse...then, sit in the sun until almost dry.

Your suit will be dry by the next morning, if you hang it in the open.

Yes...you can get away with 1 suit. If you have 2, all the better.

I did just get a GREAT buy at Marshalls....a Body Glove bikini...usually around $100, for $17!!!

I consider my bathing suit ( or suit bottom) like underwear and would never consider wearing again without a proper washing and drying. The suggestion of a simple rinse at a pool shower and sitting in the suit while it dries will not sufficiently clean the suit for me.

To the OP – if you plan on being in a swimsuit at least two days in a row, then it would be best to have 2 suits. If you wear a two piece suit, then perhaps just a second coordinating bottom will work.

M

Archived