Summit Deck 9 (Pool Noise) vs. Deck 11 (Bball court)?

Leo Jay

We're currently booked in 9082 for next month, and while we're trying not to be overly concerned about possible noise from pool chairs being moved around (that's during the day only, correct?), we'd like to try to minimize the chance of annoyance if possible. There are apparently some Deck 11 aft cabins still available (1109, 1125, 1132), but I see that those are somewhat near the basketball court. Any thoughts on whether we'd be better off staying put vs. moving? (Especially since this is GF's first cruise, and she'd like to minimize chance of seasickness)...

Thanks.

We never stay in cabins underneath the pool deck,and or restaurants. You hear chaises being dragged sometimes at 430 am......and seeing that is is usually the same deck as the cafe, we have heard large trays being rolled overhead:eek::eek: We always stay now with cabins above and below us......

We never stay in cabins underneath the pool deck,and or restaurants. You hear chaises being dragged sometimes at 430 am......and seeing that is is usually the same deck as the cafe, we have heard large trays being rolled overhead:eek::eek: We always stay now with cabins above and below us......

Thanks, but I can only choose from among the cabins available.

We're currently booked in 9082 for next month, and while we're trying not to be overly concerned about possible noise from pool chairs being moved around (that's during the day only, correct?), we'd like to try to minimize the chance of annoyance if possible. There are apparently some Deck 11 aft cabins still available (1109, 1125, 1132), but I see that those are somewhat near the basketball court. Any thoughts on whether we'd be better off staying put vs. moving? (Especially since this is GF's first cruise, and she'd like to minimize chance of seasickness)...

Thanks.

1125 is near the aft end of the hallway nowhere near the basketball court (which by the way ends even before 1100 and 1101,) though thats not to say that there wont be any noise from people possibly moving deck chairs on deck 12!

There is a recent CC review by an op who was in 1118/1120 with photos as well as a couple of photos of 1132 here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1610802

Although the OP did raise some concerns about noise and privacy up there..I am committed to keep my upcoming Aqua reservation on 11 because to my thinking all of the derck 9 balconies are undesirable due to the strut obstructions and overhang..

1125 is near the aft end of the hallway nowhere near the basketball court (which by the way ends even before 1100 and 1101,) though thats not to say that there wont be any noise from people possibly moving deck chairs on deck 12!

There is a recent CC review by an op who was in 1118/1120 with photos as well as a couple of photos of 1132 here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1610802

Although the OP did raise some concerns about noise and privacy up there..I am committed to keep my upcoming Aqua reservation on 11 because to my thinking all of the derck 9 balconies are undesirable due to the strut obstructions and overhang..

Thanks for the info; I just happened to see that post featuring 1132. Neither the strut obstructions nor the overhang on Deck 9 bother me, so since Deck 11 has the same potential for deck chair noise, all we'd be doing by moving is increasing GF's chance of seasickness. And paying more for the privilege. I guess our decision is made!

Thanks.

Thanks for the info; I just happened to see that post featuring 1132. Neither the strut obstructions nor the overhang on Deck 9 bother me, so since Deck 11 has the same potential for deck chair noise, all we'd be doing by moving is increasing GF's chance of seasickness. And paying more for the privilege. I guess our decision is made!

Thanks.

hey, we were the people who stay @ 1132! ;)

The most annoying noise was from that door going down to the deck 10 aft. We however, did not have any problem with those Deck 12 deck chairs, because there are relative few of them up there and deck 12 simply have much less traffic compare to the pool deck.

533391_10150660077953673_721123672_9536953_1100965234_n.jpg

The most annoying noise was from that door going down to the deck 10 aft. We however, did not have any problem with those Deck 12 deck chairs, because there are relative few of them up there and deck 12 simply have much less traffic compare to the pool deck.

533391_10150660077953673_721123672_9536953_1100965234_n.jpg

How bad is that door going down to deck 10, we have 1133- will it keep us awake at night or up early in the morning, my wife won't be happy

How bad is that door going down to deck 10, we have 1133- will it keep us awake at night or up early in the morning, my wife won't be happy

So have we on our trip so we are now somewhat worried

Thanks.

I am sure others are going to disagree with me on this BUT...

Location has little to no impact on how you're going to react to the ship's motion. People will always tell you if you feel sick don't go high, don't go low, don't go forward or aft, etc. There is really not any difference from a seasickness perspective being on 9 vs. being on 11. If the ship is moving, it's moving.

Location has little to no impact on how you're going to react to the ship's motion. People will always tell you if you feel sick don't go high, don't go low, don't go forward or aft, etc. There is really not any difference from a seasickness perspective being on 9 vs. being on 11. If the ship is moving, it's moving.

I think that's probably true generally, when seas are relatively calm, but if there are storms/rougher waters, I would imagine that that's where it's more likely to make a difference whether you're higher or lower, or fore/aft vs. midship. I'd guess that whether the difference is significant enough to make a noticeable difference between actually feeling "queasy" or not probably varies from person to person and depends on just how rough the waters are.

Arrgh - thanks for re-complicating our decision-making process! ;) :p

Best cabins are on decks 7 and 8. They are quiet because they are between decks of cabins. Deck 9 is awful. I made the mistake once of taking a cabin under the pool deck/buffet and hated it. There is noise from above that is very annoying. I haven't been in the deck 11 cabins. However, they are aft. I wouldn't be worried about the basketball game....assuming sane people play daytime. I'd be more worried about vibration and soot. Also, if you read the boards, the door to the outside is a problem. Save your money, book on decks 7 or 8. If you must stay on deck 9, go way forward to avoid the pool deck area.

I wholeheartedly agree..if someone is prone to motion sickness or in the event of a bad storm nowhere on the ship is better than where one is feeling ill!:eek:

I have opted for high aft cabins on over half my 20 cruises and neither I or members of my travelling party have had any issues with motion...this myth of "low and center is better for motion sickness " is either a scheme to sell less desirable cabins :rolleyes:

Or an old wives tale from before the time these cruise ships were fitted with great stabilizer technology...jus' sayin':D

Best cabins are on decks 7 and 8. They are quiet because they are between decks of cabins. Deck 9 is awful. I made the mistake once of taking a cabin under the pool deck/buffet and hated it. There is noise from above that is very annoying. I haven't been in the deck 11 cabins. However, they are aft. I wouldn't be worried about the basketball game....assuming sane people play daytime. I'd be more worried about vibration and soot. Also, if you read the boards, the door to the outside is a problem. Save your money, book on decks 7 or 8. If you must stay on deck 9, go way forward to avoid the pool deck area.

Ok, thanks for the advice, we were able to find something under the Solarium (9044) instead of the pool, which should be fine for us.

Complicating things is the fact that many Deck 9 cabins are now AQ - and Blu is one of the best things about Celebrity IMO. I have had 2 noisy cabins on S Class ships (1519 and 1520) and it really wasn't a huge issue since we spent so little time in our cabin....as long as its quiet after 11:00 a.m. until 7:00 a.m. or so I'm ok. Just hoping that 9038 is not as bad as recently reported. Its a tradeoff to get AQ (brilliant marketing ploy Celebrity!!)

Hmmm...deck 12 looks like wasted space...maybe they could put in a lawn;)

Awesome! Have not been on M class since advent of S class ships...that said, since Solstization <sp> announcement, and the addition of AQ and Blu, we have 2 M class cruises booked, a Bermuda cruise on Summit in May 2012 and a 16 night trans-pacific on Millennium in April 2013. We are looking forward to the m class changes but think this would be the perfect addition! I don't think you get the "Lawn" till you have watched the world pass by from the "Lawn."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking about it now, could someone clarify whether you actually are likely to hear much noise if your cabin is directly under the pool itself, as opposed to under the deck area near the pool? Are you likely to hear thumping of feet hitting the bottom of the pool? Or is it only the deck area that's the real problem?

Thanks.

Thinking about it now, could someone clarify whether you actually are likely to hear much noise if your cabin is directly under the pool itself, as opposed to under the deck area near the pool? Are you likely to hear thumping of feet hitting the bottom of the pool? Or is it only the deck area that's the real problem?

Thanks.

When on Millennium a few years ago, on deck 9 when it was concierge class, we never had an issue with noise on this deck. I am a VERY light sleeper, both noise and sounds and was not an issue for me personally. We have booked AQ2 deck 9 for our next two cruises on m-class ships because we feel this is a better ride, lower and we booked midship.

When on Millennium a few years ago, on deck 9 when it was concierge class, we never had an issue with noise on this deck. I am a VERY light sleeper, both noise and sounds and was not an issue for me personally. We have booked AQ2 deck 9 for our next two cruises on m-class ships because we feel this is a better ride, lower and we booked midship.

Meant noise and light, not "noise and sound".

Thanks for that perspective from a "very light" sleeper; good to know for GF's sake!

Archived