Just won the BlackJack Tournament on Carnival Liberty!

PaulMedik

In the qualifying round I was in second for quite a while with $5900 and by the time the Championship round began I was in fourth.

I chose chair #4 for the Championship round. By the final hand we were down to three contestants; Female in chair #5 was in first with $3500, I was in second with $3100, and male in seat #2 was in third with $2000. I finished with $6100, player #2 finished with $4000, and Player #5 finished with $1200.

We each received a T Shirt and two $5 match play coupons. I got a tray of $5 chips totalling $500 and a 24k gold plastic ship on a stick. :cool: I asked for black chips to go with my other blackjack winnings but they didn't have any at the table. :p

Karen and I have racked up a lot of points playing electronic blackjack (assuming they count the like slots). We've played each evening for a couple of hours and bet $25 per hand and some with $50 and a few @ $100. We aren't down any, but we aren't up as much as we could be. ;)

in the qualifying round i was in second for quite a while with $5900 and by the time the championship round began i was in fourth.

I chose chair #4 for the championship round. By the final hand we were down to three contestants; female in chair #5 was in first with $3500, i was in second with $3100, and male in seat #2 was in third with $2000. I finished with $6100, player #2 finished with $4000, and player #5 finished with $1200.

We each received a t shirt and two $5 match play coupons. I got a tray of $5 chips totalling $500 and a 24k gold plastic ship on a stick. :cool: I asked for black chips to go with my other blackjack winnings but they didn't have any at the table. :p

karen and i have racked up a lot of points playing electronic blackjack (assuming they count the like slots). We've played each evening for a couple of hours and bet $25 per hand and some with $50 and a few @ $100. We aren't down any, but we aren't up as much as we could be. ;)

congrats

When did they start giving chips when you won. I won in October of 2010 on the Miracle and got cash. Glad they gave me the cash or I might have stopped at the tables and played some chips, which I'm sure is the reason Carnival gives chips for winnings.

Like the ship on the stick since it said Carnival Slot Tournament Champion. Looks good with my collection of ships from all my cruises.

When did they start giving chips when you won. I won in October of 2010 on the Miracle and got cash. Glad they gave me the cash or I might have stopped at the tables and played some chips, which I'm sure is the reason Carnival gives chips for winnings.

Like the ship on the stick since it said Carnival Slot Tournament Champion. Looks good with my collection of ships from all my cruises.

On Destiny in Sept 2012, they gave me the chips when I won, went straight to the cashier before I could spend them

Congrats. Hopefully, you'll still have enough to put towards something important(like your next cruise)after the I.R.S. gets their cut.:eek::)

Will $ 500 in winnings at sea be reported to the IRS? Would sure hope not.

Congratulations Paul!

I know nothing about Blackjack or the tournaments....lol. When I first started reading the post and read all those high $$$ amounts, I thought those were the winning amounts and was so excited for a big win for you. Still $500 is a nice prize.:)

In the qualifying round I was in second for quite a while with $5900 and by the time the Championship round began I was in fourth.

I chose chair #4 for the Championship round. By the final hand we were down to three contestants; Female in chair #5 was in first with $3500, I was in second with $3100, and male in seat #2 was in third with $2000. I finished with $6100, player #2 finished with $4000, and Player #5 finished with $1200.

We each received a T Shirt and two $5 match play coupons. I got a tray of $5 chips totalling $500 and a 24k gold plastic ship on a stick. :cool: I asked for black chips to go with my other blackjack winnings but they didn't have any at the table. :p

Karen and I have racked up a lot of points playing electronic blackjack (assuming they count the like slots). We've played each evening for a couple of hours and bet $25 per hand and some with $50 and a few @ $100. We aren't down any, but we aren't up as much as we could be. ;)

WooHoo WAY TO GO!! I am so gonna watch for your review when you get home as you do the BEST reviews! We're sailing on the Liberty for Christmas this year, there's a group of us that met sailing on the Magic this past Christmas and we're all going again. :)

Thank you all for your kind words; 'Winning isn't everything, but it's pretty much the best thing' is emblazed on the shirts we won. I wouldn't call it the best thing on this cruise, but in regards to the BlackJack tournament it is for sure the best part. ;)

Will $ 500 in winnings at sea be reported to the IRS? Would sure hope not.

GolfAdj,

No! That was the first question I asked and then again when they had me sign for the tray of chips. I signed 'Paul' instead of 'Charles' since my legal signature is Paul, but Charles is my first name. I sure wish they'd change our S&S cards to the names we use instead of our first names.

I found out on the way back to the room that Karen also asked the host right after I won if we had to declare it to the IRS. He said the declaration amounts were ~$2000. With our electronic BlackJack play we are well over the $2k amount, but we are also well over the $2k amount in losses as well and if they have to file one then they have to file both (wins AND losses).

Archived