cruise line suite perks

LSauls7537

Anniversary cruise. Last yr friends had owners suite on Epic. WOW for concierge, private bar, rest etc. What other lines/ships offer this kind of service? I know about the luxury lines, out of our range though.

We want to leave from FL or a repositioning cruise, time is flexible

Thanks in advance

I think Princess and HAL both offer butler service. RCCL has a concierge lounge, but not sure about an actual person serving as a concierge. In my research, NCL has the best suite perks for the price... comparable services on the other lines are much more expensive... As you can see in my signature, I'm an NCL nut!

NCL does have great suite perks

I don't recall a butler in a suite on Princess, but Celebrity has a butler and other good suite perks too.

If you go to the various line-specific boards here and search for suite perks, you'll find comparisons.

NCL does have great suite perks

I don't recall a butler in a suite on Princess, but Celebrity has a butler and other good suite perks too.

If you go to the various line-specific boards here and search for suite perks, you'll find comparisons.

Wow, Princess did away with the butlers, huh? When we first sailed NCL as a family I did some comparison shopping and remember that Princess did have butlers then.

We have sailed suites on NCL - 8 times, HAL once and Princess once. Right now the suite perks are a toss up between Princess and NCL, with perhaps a slight edge to Princess based on who we are and how we use the perks.

Here are some comparisons - as I remember them. As HAL cruise was in 2008, some things may have changed.

Both NCL and Princess offer a speciality restaurant for Breakfast with NCL using the same one for lunch. If I remember, HAL also had this.

NCL has butlers.

NCL and HAL have a concierge.

Princess offers free internet and laundry to full suite passengers - a great perk for us. HAL offered free laundry.

Princess also offers free use of the thermal spa.

Princess offers appetizers in one of the bars each night and brings something to your room, also. NCL brings something to your room each night.

NCL has a VIP party for suite guests with the senior officers.

When we sailed HAL there was a VIP luncheon where you met the senior officers but had little interaction with them.

When we sailed Princess, we did not miss having a butler or concierge. The rest of the Princess staff was very accomodating. We received the suite breakfast menu in our room each evening if we wanted to order the suite breakfast. There were specials each day. We were also able to order from this menu and entertain for breakfast one morning (Panama Canal transit)

Anniversary cruise. Last yr friends had owners suite on Epic. WOW for concierge, private bar, rest etc. What other lines/ships offer this kind of service? I know about the luxury lines, out of our range though.

We want to leave from FL or a repositioning cruise, time is flexible

Thanks in advance

Linda and Lou?

LOL!!!

That's our names!

Won't comment on the suite stuff, as I would start talking about Celebrity and Cunard ($$$$$).

Anyway, happy to meet another Linda and Lou!

To the "other" Linda and Lou, think you are first I've seen listed as sailing the Costa Riviera, it was our honeymoon cruise 25 years ago! Also Regency, ahhh, the great memories.

Thanks to the others, it appears it's NCL or Princess, now, that helps shorten my list! This group is truly appreciated...

Thanks!

Linda/Lou

The Royal Suites and Penthouse Suites on Celebrity are fantastic, and they include butler service. You also get two bottles of alcohol, bottled water and dining for two in one of their specialty restaurants. You also get access to their Blu restaurant, the dining room reserved for Aqua Class cabins only. There are a lot of other perks for suite holders on Celebrity.

We sailed on NCL Epic and NCL Gem - both with suite perks.

On the Epic, there's a restaurant for suite guests for all 3 meals, versus the other ships that offers Cagney's (their specialty steakhouse) for breakfast/lunch. Both were great, but the Epic Club was so nice to have for dinner. There was also the courtyard grill on Epic which had a bar and nice lunch food. There's also POSH which is a private sundeck with bar and lunch service. I have pics in my signature.

The butler and concierge was a wonderful perk - if you needed ANYTHING, it was there.

If you are in a Haven Suite, you'll have access to a private pool/hot tub. On the Epic, the haven includes a small private gym in addition to the pool area.

Embarkation/Debarkation was fabulous, but especially on Epic.

I haven't done a suite on any other line, but the perks on NCL have been amazing.

To the "other" Linda and Lou, think you are first I've seen listed as sailing the Costa Riviera, it was our honeymoon cruise 25 years ago! Also Regency, ahhh, the great memories.

Thanks to the others, it appears it's NCL or Princess, now, that helps shorten my list! This group is truly appreciated...

Thanks!

Linda/Lou

Well, it was just me, Lou, who sailed on the Costa Riviera back in 1985, along with my friend, Charles. I didn't meet Linda until 2009! But, that is amazing that you were on the former Guglielmo Marconi. I forget your exact mission here in this thread, but I strongly suggest that you try Celebrity. They usually leave CCL, RCI, Princess, and NCL in the dust!

I forgot about another Princess suite perk

you get a mini bar set up when you arrive - mixers, some cans of soda, still and bubbly water and 8 mini bottles.

Some liquor is a suite perk on NCL if you have an owner's suite or above.

Archived