Iberia air strike

Tiffany's mom

Iberia Airlines flights out of Medrid aiport, the pilots will strike every Friday and Monday until July. The issue is a small low-cost flight they started with BA with a lower paid scale for pilots. So far 150 flights have been canncelled.

My reservations are thur AA in 4 weeks. AA will not consider any changes until atleast 2 weeks out.

This is just a Heads-Up for anyone else who might have flights on Iberia.

Iberia Airlines flights out of Medrid aiport' date=' the pilots will strike every Friday and Monday until July. The issue is a small low-cost flight they started with BA with a lower paid scale for pilots. So far 150 flights have been canncelled.

My reservations are thur AA in 4 weeks. AA will not consider any changes until atleast 2 weeks out.

This is just a Heads-Up for anyone else who might have flights on Iberia.[/quote']

I heard rumors about the possibility of strikes by Iberia at the end of last year. If it's any consolation, my BA/AA flights from Copenhagen to LA via Heathrow 2 years ago were affected by the intermittent BA strike and the Icelandic volcano's ash cloud.

AA rerouted us to fly on Air France to Paris and then on AA to DFW and to LAX. Our flights were booked using for flyer mileage and we were onto Baltic cruise so it was very difficult to contact AA to make a change. My travel agent volunteered to contact AA for us and she was able to get us rerouted to get home.

As it turned out our original flights were not affected but I appreciated AA for being proactive to reroute us sooner than later.

Hopefully you'll have a similar experience with no unnecessary delays on your flights. :)

Iwe were onto Baltic cruise so it was very difficult to contact AA to make a change. My travel agent volunteered to contact AA for us and she was able to get us rerouted to get home.

Once again proving the value of having a good travel agent.

Archived